University of Wisconsin - Whitewater Reviews

1,197 reviews
This was a very fun school. A lot of fun activities took place. The academic side was a bit weak but overall pretty average.
I am now concluding my freshman year at The University of Wisconsin Whitewater, and may I just say I have had a great experience. I have made so many friends, made so many memories, and have learned so much. Don't get me wrong, freshman year is hard in the beginning. But once you make friends, join some clubs and really settle down I promise you will love it. College has been a great experience for me, and I wouldn't want to experience it any other University.
Whitewater is a rather republican school, but most people are still very accepting. Sure there are a few boar-headed students but overall the Staff and Professors are very understanding and open. Just don't use the Esker dining hall, Drumlin is 400x better.
Start Your Review of University of Wisconsin - Whitewater
Great small hometown type of school. A lot of kids go home on the weekend (Milwaukee, Madison, Janesville)
Being a senior at UWW, I have had a lot of experience with the school and the town in general. I am very happy I chose to attend school here. Although it was a huge transition because it is a much smaller town than I was used to, it has almost everything you need. The one thing I dislike is that there is no clothing stores or malls but Janesville is only a 20 minute drive away and has a shopping mall and several other stores. The night life for students is great as well as the academics and the professors.
The University of Whitewater Wisconsin is an overall great school that ranges from strong athletics, academics, diversity, and encouragement to get involved. The professors encourage everyone to strive for greatness no matter the obstacles. Campus life at times is tough ranging from where you live, have class, or eat but it teaches students how to adapt and overcome.
Experienced professors and instructors teach the courses. Typically good response time to student inquiries. Online program is well structured, easily accessible.
Average university in a small town with not much to do. Wish there was more to do around town. Sporting events are a lot of fun and the teams are really good so at least the school has this going for them. Dorms are either renovated and very nice or not renovated and very poor quality. On-campus food is good with a lot of variation and many places to eat. Would like to see more enthusiasm from campus assistants and RA's. I'm not sure if there is just a lack of carin from older students that fill these roles or if there is not a lot of influence from their bosses but they always seem bored and are sometimes very rude to students.
So far, my experience at UW-Whitewater has been great. The staff are very friendly and they are always willing to help in anyway they can. One thing I would like to see change is where and when students are allowed to use meal plans. Most food options at the university center do not allow meal swipes, and if they do it is only after 2 pm. They do not allow meal plans during the most convenient and/or busiest times.
As a first generation college student, I was very nervous to be moving away from home and living, "on my own," without my family by my side every day. I can honestly say though that this campus is like being part of a family, and it has been a very enriching and exciting experience so far. I am incredibly glad that I choose the right college for me!
Best experience of my life going to school her for my undergrad. Whitewater became home to me and I learned so much about myself both personally and professionally.
I love this university! One thing that sticks out to me is that the teachers are so hands on and actually want to see you succeed.
The University of Wisconsin - Whitewater is a very friendly and close-knit college. The campus is of a perfect size so that you know many people, but its not small enough that you will know everyone. The campus itself is beautiful and organized. All the classes are on the same block so that way, your furthest walk would be 15 minutes, AT MOST. The part I love most about UW-Whitewater is the professors. The class size is small enough so that the professors know your name and can help each and every student get the best education. Overall, I would recommend UW-Whitewater to anyone and everyone!
As an incoming freshman I was very nervous to start college. The students, faculty and my RA, did a very good job making my transition in to college an easy, and enjoyable one. Whitewater is a very diverse and excepting school and makes sure no student feels uncomfortable. The freshman advisors are always willing to help and make sure you are happy with your experience at Whitewater. I look forward to my next 3 years at Whitewater!
My experience at UW-Whitewater has been limited due to the fact that I am currently a Second Semester freshman, but so far I am in love with this campus. The university has copious amounts of resources and are helpful when needed.
It's a small campus, which is likeable. And everyone is super nice. No one will ever turn you down if you ask for help on an assignment. And professors are always willing to make time to help as well
UW Whitewater is a great school for those who went to a small high school. The class sizes are similar to those in high school. Whitewater has many organizations where everyone can find something they are interested in. There are many resources on campus that make the experience great and a little less stressful. The professors are all friendly and make it easy for students to come to them with any issues with class.
Start Your Review of University of Wisconsin - Whitewater
My favorite thing about UW-Whitewater is the class size. I am a hands on learner so its easier for me to learn when the classes are small and I am able to connect with my professors. Here at UWW, I am able to do that. The staff all around the campus is extremely friendly and always willing to help us students. I enjoy the small campus events that they have for the students to attend, and the activities open for student access as well. The environment of UWW is extremely friendly and fun and it makes the experience a whole lot better. Here at Whitewater, I get to say that college was some of the best years of life. A few things that are not my favorite about this campus is that the dorms are pretty far from the academic buildings. Not too far, but it would be nice if they were built closer for student convenience in Winter or bad weather conditions. Another thing I don't like is the food. The food is not my favorite choice and it is repetitive and not always the healthiest either.
UW-Whitewater had a family feel to it. It is small enough to be able to walk to class and see a couple people you know. It is also big enough to meet new people every day/semester. It is definitely a college town with not much around it, so you get to know people there. Around it is very cool open land which I love to explore. Great for biking, running, and hiking. Getting outdoors on the weekend is great. The professors here are also very good, with the exception of a few, as I'm sure everywhere. Not many classes are lectures. Even the classes that are lectures, though, the teachers are there to help.
The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater is a school with so much spirit and compassion. This university allows students to learn in a productive and safe environment and gives ample opportunity to get involved.