University of Wisconsin - Whitewater Reviews

1,205 reviews
great experience. Professors are determined to get the information through to every student. Students are very friendly
I like UW-Whitewater because I am the Upward Bound student there. once a month on Saturday, we, the Upward Bound students have a workshop there. it was a fun experience. we get to know the school and familiar with the school, the campus. Also, they have a really good program for an education major that's why I like UW-Whitewater.
I have really enjoyed attending this university. From the resources, to the students every aspect is top notch.
Start Your Review of University of Wisconsin - Whitewater
I love the smaller size of the campus. My instructors were supportive and helpful. Two new dorm buildings, one opens this fall. The other opens next year.
Great school, fun people, excellent experience! This is how I would label UW Whitewater. They have a spectacular business program that deals with modern every day issues in the business world. What really sells the school is how the professors and other students are so welcoming and enjoyable to be around. All around choosing UW Whitewater as my academic future was one of the best choices I ever made.
Whitewater is a very affordable and gives a great overall experience. There are so many great leaders and organizations to join, and the staff are willing to help you whenever you need it.
The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater is my home. The campus is a perfect size, the people are amazing, and the extracurricular options are endless as well. I am apart of Greek life and I couldn't be more thankful for it every day. It has made my first year at college not so hard for me, I have found my best friends in Greek life.
Whitewater is a very nice campus, but it is small. There isn't a lot to do off-campus either. If you are looking for an experience of a small-campus feel, where you plan to stay on-campus and you don't feel the need to be connected to a city, this might be a great place for you.
I really appreciate how open and diverse the campus as a whole is, as well as the Art department where I usually am. Teachers are also incredibly open to your own views or standings on things and are wonderful with constructive criticism. I can tell my teachers really want me to succeed and to push myself in what I can do.
I like the class sizes and the way most professors are hands on. However, there is an extreme lack of diversity, and there is only so much the minority student associations can do to bridge this gap. The school needs to work towards everyone feeling equal and fairly treated.
This was a very fun school. A lot of fun activities took place. The academic side was a bit weak but overall pretty average.
I am now concluding my freshman year at The University of Wisconsin Whitewater, and may I just say I have had a great experience. I have made so many friends, made so many memories, and have learned so much. Don't get me wrong, freshman year is hard in the beginning. But once you make friends, join some clubs and really settle down I promise you will love it. College has been a great experience for me, and I wouldn't want to experience it any other University.
Whitewater is a rather republican school, but most people are still very accepting. Sure there are a few boar-headed students but overall the Staff and Professors are very understanding and open. Just don't use the Esker dining hall, Drumlin is 400x better.
Great small hometown type of school. A lot of kids go home on the weekend (Milwaukee, Madison, Janesville)
Being a senior at UWW, I have had a lot of experience with the school and the town in general. I am very happy I chose to attend school here. Although it was a huge transition because it is a much smaller town than I was used to, it has almost everything you need. The one thing I dislike is that there is no clothing stores or malls but Janesville is only a 20 minute drive away and has a shopping mall and several other stores. The night life for students is great as well as the academics and the professors.
The University of Whitewater Wisconsin is an overall great school that ranges from strong athletics, academics, diversity, and encouragement to get involved. The professors encourage everyone to strive for greatness no matter the obstacles. Campus life at times is tough ranging from where you live, have class, or eat but it teaches students how to adapt and overcome.
Experienced professors and instructors teach the courses. Typically good response time to student inquiries. Online program is well structured, easily accessible.
Start Your Review of University of Wisconsin - Whitewater
Average university in a small town with not much to do. Wish there was more to do around town. Sporting events are a lot of fun and the teams are really good so at least the school has this going for them. Dorms are either renovated and very nice or not renovated and very poor quality. On-campus food is good with a lot of variation and many places to eat. Would like to see more enthusiasm from campus assistants and RA's. I'm not sure if there is just a lack of carin from older students that fill these roles or if there is not a lot of influence from their bosses but they always seem bored and are sometimes very rude to students.
So far, my experience at UW-Whitewater has been great. The staff are very friendly and they are always willing to help in anyway they can. One thing I would like to see change is where and when students are allowed to use meal plans. Most food options at the university center do not allow meal swipes, and if they do it is only after 2 pm. They do not allow meal plans during the most convenient and/or busiest times.
As a first generation college student, I was very nervous to be moving away from home and living, "on my own," without my family by my side every day. I can honestly say though that this campus is like being part of a family, and it has been a very enriching and exciting experience so far. I am incredibly glad that I choose the right college for me!