University of Wisconsin - Stevens Point Reviews

A very green campus, friendly atmosphere, short walk to classes, and close to food. All the professors I've had have been amazing!
This is a small and welcoming community. It's an honor to be a part of this family. While there have been recent budget cuts, I do not believe the school will be affected too greatly. Additionally, the price of food on campus is quite high, but I do enjoy my time here. The campus is gorgeous, and the people are friendly.
At Stevens point it is a good solid college. Problems that I have are the lack of a nursing program. Along with that the life on campus is rough. The dorms get very hot during the early and late parts of the school year do to the lack of A.C. while attending I played football and was very pleased with the faccilitys and staff.
Start Your Review of University of Wisconsin - Stevens Point
I love this school very much and I am excited to attend. there is a beautiful nature scene that really draws people to it. it has a very natural feel, as it is 100% self sustainable with solar panels, composting, and many other things. I love the people including my roommate, everyone seems every down to earth. Although it will be a huge change for me I just know this school is a great fit.
The community is very supportive and there is a great feeling of family and togetherness here. The social work program is wonderful and there are lots of opurtunity.
What i love about Wisconsin Steven's Point University also known as UWSP is that i have had the opportunity to be a member of the pointer's Hockey Team. Being a member of the Pointers Hockey Team is an Honor and Dream. Having the ability to achieve my academic goals while following my dream . During my freshman year at UWSP i have gained and developed many relationships both in the classroom and on the ice that will follow me through my life. The Pointer community is my Home away from Home.

The one thing that i would change is that International students pay so much more to go to Stevens point.
I like the UWSP because it's a smaller University and the teachers encourage you to get help when you need it. This is a great school to transfer to from a tech school or even a college that was "too big" for someone!
The people around campus can be very friendly, and the community isn't afraid to stand with the students and teachers when something goes awry. That is a testament to the teachers and students, too. Each values the other, and neither simply stand to the side when there's something to be done.
I loved the community, class, professors, and opportunities my school offered. I was not a fan of administration!
As a military Veteran and a transfer student I felt very welcomed by my only the other students but faculty as well. They were very understanding of my disabilities and made sure I was included in any activity. I am proud to say this is my new home for the next 3 years.
I am currently majoring in Drama as a freshman and this year the school decided to cut most of the Fine Arts majors, including a bunch of arts that I wanted to switch my major to. If you're looking at UWSP for art, I wouldn't suggest it. It's all about it's sciences and natural resources. I am applying to transfer to a different school this fall.
I LOVE IT HERE! I am currently a freshman at UWSP and love it here. It is a great school and a great place to be!
UWSP is the place to go if you love a smaller college Campus with access to outdoor recreation. The small town environment makes UWSP feel like home
My experience here at UWSP has been amazing. Not only am I surrounded by nature, I am surrounded in a community atmosphere that cares. The professors that I have know my name, and try their hardest to see us students succeed.
I really like the campus atmosphere. It is relaxed. The students I have met are very hospitable. Instructors are competent and actually work with you.
I love Stevens Point because the campus is beautiful. When I first toured here everyone was smiling and super nice; I never heard a rude comment from anyone. The classes are challenging and the professors do truly care about their students. Athletics and campus events are just a portion of what the campus offers for students to stay busy when they aren't in class. Going to Stevens Point was the best decision I ever made!
Overall, the University of Wisconsin - Stevens Point is a very good school full of great professors and diverse communities. The campus staff is kind and understanding and many people are always willing to help. For me, the free tutors were very helpful, as was the food and the amazing teachers!
Start Your Review of University of Wisconsin - Stevens Point
The college is spread out yet still connected throughout the kids. They have many opportunities for extracurricular activities and for kids to excel in what they do. They have clubs ranging from science to literature to running. Class sizes are small yet you still have a chance to connect with your professor. Overall a great college.
The professors on campus are very passionate about the courses they teach. They are very understanding and work with students. Athletics are very successful year after year. The community on campus is very friendly. If you need help finding anything on campus, someone nearby is always willing to help.
It is a good school for the most part. It is affordable which is a huge selling point. However, it is not the most updated building-wise. Professors (in my majors at least) were fantastic-truly couldn't ask for better. Overall, it was a good experience. You get what you are paying for, which is cheaper than nearly all other colleges. They campaign on being homey which they deliver on.