University of Wisconsin - Platteville Reviews

I love the University! The campus is small; everything is within walking distance. The professors are great and the engineering hall is new and updated.
Platteville was an OK school. The Phy Ed department was amazing but some of the other departments were not so great. The other students were also not great. It was a cheap college though.
Platteville provides a UW-System level of education at a cheaper price than more expensive schools. The people are friendly and the teachers are helpful. The only downside is there is much to do in surrounding towns.
Start Your Review of University of Wisconsin - Platteville
Smaller school with great opportunities. Beautiful location. Very few 4- year colleges offer the degree I am seeking.
I really like the campus and the return on investment is very good. However because it is so affordable, individual attention is a little lacking
The university is a nice place, with many diverse ideologies, and an overall friendly faculty. The school has an amazing job placement rate, and it's super affordable. I dislike the area, however. There's not much around, at all. Most students, even the ones who live in Platteville full-time, leave every weekend. For a college town, it's pretty lackluster, unless you like going to the same five bars.
My overall experience at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville has been great. I've had the opportunity to meet new people and try new things. There are always activities on campus. There are great teachers that truly want you to excel in your academics. There is anything specific that needs to change, I have enjoyed Platteville more than I originally thought I would.
Overall I am very pleased with this institution. However, I would like to see changes made to their parking policy. It is way overpriced for not being guaranteed a spot in a lot.
Overall, I have enjoyed my time at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville
(UW-P). The school has small class sizes, and the professors know you on a first name basis. Platteville is a pleasant community, and the campus is within walking distance from the downtown business district. UW-P has very affordable tuition. Unfortunately, the school is cutting some liberal arts majors. However, if you are interested in STEM or criminal justice programs than this is the school for you. The school's engineering program is top notch. Since Platteville is in a rural area, UW-P has a farm where agriculture students can gain first-hand experience. The school also has an excellent music program and a huge marching band.
University of Wisconsin-Platteville is a very nice school. The school campus is very open and there are many clubs for students from any range of hobbies to participate in. One thing I beleive should be changed is the system of how majoring at UW Platteville works. It is based on a core gpa, however you are forced to complete these coure classes in a limited credit range. If you have a proffesor who is less than average, it could severely hurt your core gpa.
As an out of state student, staff members have put a lot of effort in making sure that I have a support team academically and socially.
Small Campus not long travel time. Tons of clubs and organizations to join, Residence Hall Teams are very active as well. Professors are easy to reach and people are nice enough for the most part. The only downside is that there isn't too much diversity in some of the degree programs which can make it uncomfortable for minorities.
I have not started at Platteville yet but I am going to be an incoming freshman this fall. I am so excited to start in a place that welcomes me as a family member. I am also excited to meet new people and new friends and to be able to get the education for my dream job.
I loved how Platteville was a more consolidated campus. Everything was easy to find and not far away. The professors were very helpful and friendly.
Pro's: I attend UW Platt through their Distance Education program. I work full time and have two children. I like that they offer a variety of pertinent master's program that are accessible online. Coming in to the classes with limited technical knowledge, I have found the classes to be very helpful and applicable to my current job.
Con's: The teaching styles vary even with the same instructor that teaches different classes. I have only had two instructors so far and have taken three classes. One of the instructors was very vague with instructions for assignments and assigned a significant amount of work to be done. Much higher than expected. The other instructor assigned limited work, which did not always match up with the information we were reading. I had to buy a textbook for the class which I did not even open as we used online articles for most of the work.
The University of Wisconsin Platteville is a great place to work toward a degree in business administration and management.
UW Platteville is a smaller school compared to others which I like. Everything is within walking distance of within ten minutes. Everyone is so friendly. If you get lost and you see someone walking they will stop and tell you how to get to where you need to go. Also they have plenty of activities that'll keep you busy over the weekend and they bring dogs in during finals week to help ease the stress and anxiety you might have. One dollar movie nights or bowling nights are a blast to attend! If I could change the weather I would in a heartbeat. The cold can be a bit much at times at times. There's nothing you can do to change that unfortunately.
Start Your Review of University of Wisconsin - Platteville
University of Wisconsin platteville is a small college where it’s mostky agriculture and engineering majors.
Platteville is a great university for Education majors or Engineering majors. They offer other programs as well.
UW Platteville is a great small college! This allows for students to have more one on one conversations with their professors. By having this the professors, in turn, will get to know their students, which is a great way for a student to get a letter of recommendation that has more meaning behind it because of the professors personal experience with the student.