University of Wisconsin - Platteville Reviews

The University of Wisconsin Platteville is a great place to work toward a degree in business administration and management.
UW Platteville is a smaller school compared to others which I like. Everything is within walking distance of within ten minutes. Everyone is so friendly. If you get lost and you see someone walking they will stop and tell you how to get to where you need to go. Also they have plenty of activities that'll keep you busy over the weekend and they bring dogs in during finals week to help ease the stress and anxiety you might have. One dollar movie nights or bowling nights are a blast to attend! If I could change the weather I would in a heartbeat. The cold can be a bit much at times at times. There's nothing you can do to change that unfortunately.
University of Wisconsin platteville is a small college where it’s mostky agriculture and engineering majors.
Start Your Review of University of Wisconsin - Platteville
Platteville is a great university for Education majors or Engineering majors. They offer other programs as well.
UW Platteville is a great small college! This allows for students to have more one on one conversations with their professors. By having this the professors, in turn, will get to know their students, which is a great way for a student to get a letter of recommendation that has more meaning behind it because of the professors personal experience with the student.
Amazingly clean. All the people are so nice it's unbelievable! They should be called wisconsin nice instead of minnestoa nice
UW-Platteville is an incredible school. Most go here just for engineering, but all the programs are superb. It's absolutely overlooked in favor of larger schools, like UW-Madison, and it deserves more credit. Professors and student life here are great, the quality of living here is pretty good, and it's so much cheaper than other UW schools. There's literally no reason to NOT go here.
Overall a great small D3 school. All classes are classroom based which is nice and personal. Everybody on campus and around town is very friendly. I love it here! Only downside is it is somewhat of a suitcase college on the weekends.
I think the University of Wisconsin-Plattvile has provided with me an amazing opportunity to further my studies and continue striving for a higher education.
Platteville is a very accepting and great school to be at! They have amazing teachers that really care for their students and help them succeed.
University of Wisconsin - Platteville is a small hometown school, to me this is one of the more important factors. Classes are small enough where professors know you by name. The traditional dorms that they start freshman out on are average. They are considered on campus; however, to access certain campus buildings it is a long, and inconvenient walk, especially walking past the random cemetery in the middle of campus. The professors are generally very nice, several of them are foreign and that makes them hard to understand, at first. The facilities are top-notch and its almost impossible to find a club that peaks your interests.
What I usually dislike about walking to school is the number of cars and dangerous streets that a person has to go through which I do not have to worry about at Platteville. The campus is orientated so that the only way to get to classes is by walking thus becomes safer for students. I love how nature is preserved and the trails that students can go on. There is also this free bus system for students which will become incredibly useful so there is no need to worry about bringing a car.
What I like about the University of Wisconsin Platteville is the diversity and the different learning experiences that you get from the school. Only thing I would recommend that would change is the parking. It is challenging for commuters to figure out where they can and cannot park.
This is my 1st year as a college student living on campus away from home. I feel comfortable being here. I like that the campus and class size are small. I wish the processes of roommate choosing survey was a little better so you end up with someone you have more compatibility with. It would be nice to have a chick-fil-a on campus.
As a high school senior, I toured the campus of UW- Platteville, and I was pleasantly surprised. I had heard of the university from a close friend and decided I should consider going on a tour, and I ended up loving the campus and the community feel. My tour guide was very personable and relatable, which made me feel as though I was at home. Also, there are many accommodations as far as dorms and food options. One thing that I would like to see change is how soon I am notified of my dorm assignment.
I like the food at UW-Platteville. I hate that they don't allow real Christmas trees. I hate the long walk to Engineering Hall in the cold winter.
I love UW-Platteville, I've made great friends and the classes are smaller. The largest class size I've been in was maybe 40? And it was a gen-ed. The dorms are about 5 minutes or less from the closest building. Honestly, the biggest downside for me is that the downtown area of Platteville is so small.
Start Your Review of University of Wisconsin - Platteville
I will be attending this school because of the how well this college is academically and athletically.
I love that you know most of the kids in your classes, the sizes are very appropriate allowing for the professor to do their job properly.
The University of Wisconsin Platteville is a decent school in a small town. I am happy with the education I am receiving here and feel as though it will prepare me properly for my future career. It's easy to find classes you will love and teachers that are knowledgeable, experienced, passionate, and helpful. As a criminal justice major, every teacher I have had so far has either 10+ years in the field or is currently working in the field. However, the administration is the school leaves much to be desired. There is little if any communication between departments in this school. I will often find myself walking back and forth between them and finding myself in a he said she said situation that rarely results in my problem being fixed. Last year my roomate was in a battle with the department of residence life because he didn't feel safe and they weren't willing to do anything about it.