University of Wisconsin - Platteville is ...
NCAA Division III (with football)
Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference
High School GPA
Students also applied to ...
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.63 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.67 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.66 responses
Most Popular Majors
Business Administration and Management159 Graduates
Mechanical Engineering158 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies119 Graduates
Manufacturing Engineering Technician108 Graduates
Agricultural Business71 Graduates
Elementary Education66 Graduates
Animal Sciences and Husbandry63 Graduates
Civil Engineering63 Graduates
Electrical and Electronics Engineering50 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 41 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.77 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.100 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 49 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.47 responses
Colleges like University of Wisconsin - Platteville
- BUniversity of Wisconsin - Whitewater
- 4 Year
- Whitewater, WI
- 1,168 reviews
- B+University of Wisconsin - Stout
- 4 Year
- Menomonie, WI
- 911 reviews
- BUniversity of Wisconsin - Oshkosh
- 4 Year
- Oshkosh, WI
- 1,240 reviews
- B-University of Wisconsin - Parkside
- 4 Year
- Kenosha, WI
- 438 reviews
University of Wisconsin - Platteville Reviews
Review University of Wisconsin - Platteville
My experience was very well! I immediately, upon visiting UW-Platteville, fell in love with it. Everything was kept up with and all the people were very nice. The surrounding area was definitely a college town but not too busy which I liked. I do wish that the dorms were a bit bigger or renovated in the future.
Everyone is really friendly and the staff is helpful! Teachers don't go out of their way for students, however office hours and small classes do make that effect on the class experience small. The campus is relatively large for the amount of students. The weather is almost always gloomy, however it doesn't affect campus attitude at all.
I liked that the university is very strongly committed to diversity. They also really seem to care about the students there. I also really appreciate the free gym. Some things I would like to see change are the quality of the internet, the on-campus food hours, and the healthy options. I had issues with the Wi-Fi in my residence building, which made it hard to get schoolwork done. Somedays by the time I was done with class, half the food places were no longer open. Finally, there are many healthy options on campus, but they are more expensive/not as filling as the less healthier options.