High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Students also applied to ...
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.63 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.67 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.66 responses
Most Popular Majors
Business Administration and Management159 Graduates
Mechanical Engineering158 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies119 Graduates
Manufacturing Engineering Technician108 Graduates
Agricultural Business71 Graduates
Elementary Education66 Graduates
Animal Sciences and Husbandry63 Graduates
Civil Engineering63 Graduates
Electrical and Electronics Engineering50 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 41 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.77 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.100 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 49 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.47 responses
Colleges like University of Wisconsin - Platteville
- BUniversity of Wisconsin - Whitewater
- 4 Year
- Whitewater, WI
- 1,173 reviews
- B+University of Wisconsin - Stout
- 4 Year
- Menomonie, WI
- 912 reviews
- BUniversity of Wisconsin - Oshkosh
- 4 Year
- Oshkosh, WI
- 1,247 reviews
- B-University of Wisconsin - Parkside
- 4 Year
- Kenosha, WI
- 440 reviews
University of Wisconsin - Platteville Reviews
My experience was very well! I immediately, upon visiting UW-Platteville, fell in love with it. Everything was kept up with and all the people were very nice. The surrounding area was definitely a college town but not too busy which I liked. I do wish that the dorms were a bit bigger or renovated in the future.
The University of Wisconsin Platteville is a decent school in a small town. I am happy with the education I am receiving here and feel as though it will prepare me properly for my future career. It's easy to find classes you will love and teachers that are knowledgeable, experienced, passionate, and helpful. As a criminal justice major, every teacher I have had so far has either 10+ years in the field or is currently working in the field. However, the administration is the school leaves much to be desired. There is little if any communication between departments in this school. I will often find myself walking back and forth between them and finding myself in a he said she said situation that rarely results in my problem being fixed. Last year my roomate was in a battle with the department of residence life because he didn't feel safe and they weren't willing to do anything about it.
Everyone is really friendly and the staff is helpful! Teachers don't go out of their way for students, however office hours and small classes do make that effect on the class experience small. The campus is relatively large for the amount of students. The weather is almost always gloomy, however it doesn't affect campus attitude at all.