University of Wisconsin - Oshkosh Reviews

1,287 reviews
It is a good school. Buildings are a little dated, food gets boring and isn't very healthy, but overall campus and the school itself is great.
UW Oshkosh is a good, smaller school with strong business and nursing schools. Recommended for those who prefer a small and close knit environment.
I enjoy the activities here on campus as well as the resources. What needs to change is more development on our food being served and the older buildings needing to be remodeled.
Start Your Review of University of Wisconsin - Oshkosh
I am a 100% online student so my experience on campus is very limited to say the least. With that being said Oshkosh was one of the only schools that offered the online program I was looking for in Wisconsin. Unfortunately the program is relatively small and funding is not the greatest. This reduces class options dramatically.
For the University of Wisconsin - Oshkosh, I like how diverse and accepting it is but there are a few things I’m not a fan of such as, their parking situation- there’s not a lot of places to park- and sometimes their food.
I just transferred to UW-Oshkosh and so far it has been a very good experience. The professors seem willing to help and make it feel comfortable for students. Also, the campus is extremely nice and has student events all the time. Yesterday we have a cornhole tournament at school which was very fun. I believe my two years here will be very positive.
I like the majority of things offered at UW Oshkosh. In general, it feels like every little thing costs money and they do whatever they can to get more money out of you. The food is decent, it just seems like they have the same thing every other week. Blackhawk to go is awesome though! The campus is fairly close together and tight knit which makes it a great experience. I have only had one horrible professor is overall that department is good too. I like the school I go to!
I love everything about the school except for the food. Not many healthy choices to go around, and not many food options. But besides the food, the campus is amazing. The professors are outstanding, and they love to be engaged with students. The clubs are spectacular. There is a club for almost any and every thing.
UWO is a good school, but they could work on taking better care of their students. As a current student, I definitely feel like I get put on the back burner when it comes to advising with someone, or even meeting with a teacher (not all, but some). Other than that, it really is what you make it!
I like how to has big school feeling but yet you know everyone. I like how close the classes are to each other, but if there’s something I would change is the dining options. Food here is terrible
The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh has remarkable nursing and education programs. Unfortunately, I am interested in Natural Resources and would like there to be more scholarships and activities related to Environmental Studies.
UWO is the perfect size campus! I see many familiar faces on my way to classes and class sizes are normally not too big. I love the new construction in Reeve Union, it's a great place to study and take a break from Polk Library. Professors are great for the most part, and it's easy to get involved. As for social life outside of academics, there is lots to do and a lot of fun is to be made! One thing I would change is the food options.
I am enrolled in UWO's online accelerated BSN program and have been so impressed with the professors and their commitment to clear communication and high student standards.
The university is very welcoming, and very uplifting. Like many other incoming freshman, this previous school year was very hard to adjust to; as the months lead on, it became easier, but it did take quite a long time. It wasn't until I became more involved on campus and participated more with activities and events, which made the university feel more like a second home. People can get homesick and it can be easy to feel down about situations you cannot control in college; however, taking control of what is there on campus can influence your experience tremendously, likewise to my own.
Good size school. I don't enjoy it as much because it's in a small town and don't have a car. I'm sure you will enjoy it if you are interested in a small school.
Things that I liked about the University of Wisconsin - Oshkosh is first off the availability of my professors because whenever I needed help in one of classes I was able to contact a professor and they would get back to me in a timely manner. Secondly, the academic resources at the university were a great help because they help you get a good grasp on a concept you may not be familiar with. Lastly, the environment and people are amazing and friendly which helped me adapt to not being at home.
In terms of safety, UW Oshkosh and the immediate surrounding city is one of the safest I've encountered, so this is definitely something to consider when recommending this to your children. One thing that is a headache to deal with is the cost and lack of parking - it's a bit too high for the limited availability around campus.
Start Your Review of University of Wisconsin - Oshkosh
The University of Wisconsin - Oshkosh is a very wonderful place to go. The classes are no longer than a 10 minutes walk from the dorms and all the academic halls are rather close to each other. The entire campus is placed basically on two streets making it very easy to navigate. The food is also quite nice. There are two main commons: Blackhawk and Reeve Union. Blackhawk is where you get the basic buffet meals everyday.. and the ice cream. Reeve is where we have places like pizza hut and subway! Reeve is only accessible to to students with special meal plans or titan dollars unless it is the weekend. On the weekends, every meal plan is excepted and every student is a happy camper.
Oshkosh is a relatively small school if you're also looking at schools like Madison or Milwaukee. This is the place for you if you like smaller class sizes and the opportunity to connect with your professors. Even if you're just taking gen-eds and aren't planning on pursuing a topic further for your career, I've found most of the professors are willing to help you in any way they can. Most are very accommodating in relation to meeting with them face to face outside of class. The mealplans are a downside, as most of them don't optimize the money you put into them, especially the ones freshman have access to. If you don't have a car, it's easiest to take the bus if you want to go shopping anywhere since walking isn't the best option. The bus is free with your TitanID. The campus food is alright, it gets boring after a while with limited options but if you can get it fresh, it is pretty good.
The university is easy to navigate. There are many resources to tell you where to go. There is a wide variety of classes and majors to choose from and the advisors are very helpful for the students in choosing their paths. The food provided is pretty good and there are many different options to choose from. The staff is kind and they work with the students to meet their needs. They also provide work for the students on campus. There are plenty of things to get involved in, the student life is excellent, and the campus is very attractive.