University of Wisconsin - Oshkosh Reviews

1,348 reviews
I only took online classes during Spring 2020 due to Covid-19. Due to the quick change of course delivery, I will say I was disappointed in my online learning experience. Some professors were very understanding whereas others did not care about helping us get acclimated to online learning.
The Greek life at UW-Oshkosh is fantastic, the community is small and close knit. The Honors College is also a great addition to the university because it provides bright students with smaller classes, amazing professors, and opportunities that would normally only be found at larger universities. The freshman dorms are not anything special but upperclassmen do have attractive on-campus housing options.
I had one professor who did not do well with online learning. He refused to record lectures or give us anything except his own handwritten notes. I ended up dropping this class. Besides this, all of my professors have done exceptionally well with the adjustment to online learning and I do not feel that my education has been at all compromised by the change.
Start Your Review of University of Wisconsin - Oshkosh
Most of my professors are very knowledgeable and seem to care a great deal about their students' success.
Choosing this University was the best decision I've made for myself. There are so many things to get involved with and tons of options academically so you can find a degree path and extracurricular activities that suit almost any career path and hobby. As someone who is super indecisive it is nice knowing I have options and if I need to do an extra year because I change my mind it is not going to financially ruin me.
The environment is great and people are generally friendly. Low crime rates. The campus looks nice and there are lots of class options.
The professors are dedicated to helping you succeed. They focus on helping you develop the skills you need to be successful after graduation.
I always go up to Oshkosh to help my cousin. There campus is pretty nice, but it isn't very clean. Their is an nice opportunity to be a TA, in doing so you get to be in a room by yourself and also get paid. Therefore, you don't have to pay as much money for college. They do have cool teachers, at least that is what I heard so far. They also have nice review classes for chemistry, that older students who have already done chemistry teach. I think that it is a nice resource that the college provides for it's students.
I love attending UW Oshkosh. I am a single parent and I work full-time so the flexibility of the online program is wonderful. Everyone I have interacted with so far in my journey are so helpful and always help me find the answers I need.
UWO has given me an exemplary education. I was a BSN student who left this campus with lifelong friends, an abundance of knowledge, and confidence in what I was taught. The professors I had throughout my nursing education truly were top notch. They were very passionate about nursing and knowledgeable. They truly cared and wanted the best for all. I passed my NCLEX on the first try with 75 questions. This nursing program was tough, but there’s a reason it is one of the best in the state. I highly recommend going to oshkosh for nursing. You will get various clinical opportunities, the OSNA club is amazing, and the nursing lab is high tech and up to date.
I give Oshkosh a 4/5. Oshkosh has a great environment; it's also a very green school, it is bright and naturally lit, as well as healthier for the environment then other schools. I also enjoy staff and professors, they're always friendly and for the most part they enjoy what they do. Which was also a big factor to me, I feel it is important to have professors and resources for help. I didn't give Oshkosh 5 starts for a couple of reasons. One, which is I think they can do a better job guiding incoming students not only academically but mentally. People I knew freshman year were undergoing too much stress and anxiety. I think it 's important for students to feel like they have staff to listen and guide them, rather just academics. I also think that things are overpriced (key replacement, dorms, meals, etc). It is hard to pay for college as is, and even harder paying them extra money. Especially when they do not care about your financial situation/stability.
I attended the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh as a BSN bridge student. I had previously completed my ADN so I took my core nursing classes through this university to complete my bachelors degree. The professors of my program were response and wanted their students to succeed. I never lived on campus so I can't comment on student life or the food. Excellent academics for nurses looking to complete their bachelors degree.
Nice campus, a lot of fun clubs to join and weekly events that help give you something to do beyond studying. Great learning environment and a lot of fun professors who are willing to help students.
I can't say much on the party life due to not being invited to any, but I can say that the professors are pretty good. Some of them are duds which will happen from time to time in a college. The food is nourishing, saying it is pretty good would be a lie.
UW-Oshkosh has been an incredible University for me the last three years. Oshkosh is in a great area, close to Green Bay, Appleton, and even a decent distance from Milwaukee. Class sizes are fairly small and the professors are very nice and approachable. Additionally, the University is very affordable. The facilities (dorms, athletic buildings, and classrooms) do need some improving, however administration is in the process of rebuilding so I understand. Overall, UWO has been great for me.
I really enjoyed my time at UWO! I loved the campus, professors, and the area. Classes were usually pretty small which helped to make better connections with the professors and other students. One thing that could have been improved would be program communication. I noticed that with my program (and maybe with others as well, I’m not really sure) whenever there were changes to the program that affected us, we were not always informed of these changes right away which got to be pretty frustrating. All in all, this is a great university!
As a first year college freshman living on the campus, I felt like home right away! There are so many resources on campus to help get involved and even to answer any questions! the campus runs very smoothly and I absolutely love the 14 week semesters compared to thee original 16 week. I would like to see a change in the food on campus to something that offers some healthier options especially in Reeve. Also, I wish to see a change in updates to the dormitories.
Start Your Review of University of Wisconsin - Oshkosh
I am only a first year student, currently about to start my second semester. I will admit, it took a few days to adjust, even though I told myself "I'd be fine." This school seemed iffy at first, but in all honesty, I love UW-Oshkosh with a deep passion. It offers a major that I am passionate about, the culture is relaxing and friendly. A single semester of doing random volunteer jobs resulted in my position as a producer on a television series. As a freshman, that is unheard of, so this school is the gift that keeps on giving. I am both excelling academically, and finally reaching my fitness goals with their amazing recreation center. Please spread the word!
I loved hoe friendly my tour guide was when I visited there. The dorms were the best dorms I saw in my five college tours I did. I loved how active the campus was to try to get people to mingle and get to know one another.
Professors are very intelligent and genuinely care about you and your future. Academics are challenging but manageable. Very nice facilities, especially the business building. Very much a college town and a fun environment. The athletics are good but the students are not extremely interested in them. Housing is nice and the food is all very good.