University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee is ...
NCAA Division I (without football)
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.159 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.162 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.162 responses
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say Greek life is pretty low-key and has little effect on the social scene.207 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.267 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.113 responses
Colleges like University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee
- BUniversity of Wisconsin - Oshkosh
- 4 Year
- Oshkosh, WI
- 1,246 reviews
- BUniversity of Wisconsin - Whitewater
- 4 Year
- Whitewater, WI
- 1,173 reviews
- B-University of Wisconsin - Parkside
- 4 Year
- Kenosha, WI
- 439 reviews
- B-Milwaukee Area Technical College
- 2 Year
- Milwaukee, WI
- 511 reviews
University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee Reviews
I love UWM for the diversity and acceptance of all people. However, the less fortunate people that reside in the union or other places can put you in an uncomfortable place. Some places need massive upgrades to make it more presentable. There are so many different majors/minors available that it makes going here so easy. You'll find your niche right in time to get into your core classes and your advisor should help you get there quickly. If you have the right advisor - you have the right path. I've heard that some can be lazy, but Mary Moore is the best advisor I could have asked for in the business realm. She recommended a path of a double major with no extra classes. I couldn't be more happy!
This is my first semester at UWM and I honestly love it! I've been around the campus for the past three years because all of my friends have always gone here, so once I finally transferred, I felt right at home. I was a bit nervous at first, but all my professors are very helpful when I need them and I've had no worries thanks to them. Although the neighbor surrounding campus might seem a little sketchy at times, I never feel unsafe because of the campus and Milwaukee police patrolling all the time.
In my first year of college I've managed to make several new friends, start a student organization, contract with the United States Air Force, and regularly shadow a physician at the Children's Hospital of Wisconsin. I've determined what it is I'd like to do after college: serve in the Air Force as an Emergency Medical Specialist. Juggling school work with all my other activities and social life required a bit of adaptation through time management, but ultimately I feel that I've grown as an individual and am more capable to perform in my academics and other activities. If that can all be accomplished in just one year, I'm looking forward to seeing what I'll gain from my experiences over the next three!