University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire Reviews

1,238 reviews
My overall favorite thing about this school is the campus itself. it is so beautiful and so well put together. There are so many things that catch ones attention and draw people to this campus. I have made my very best friends here so far and I am very thankful for the experience to be here.
Overall, very welcoming have lots of culture and activites for people of all races interests and the town is really starting to grow!!! It is going to be the next downtown place to be with all the new renovations happening.
I have professors who care about what they are doing and willing to take time out of their day to help you. People are very nice and friendly. There are a lot of activities to do on campus.
Start Your Review of University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire
I love my experience at UWEC so far! When I was struggling with my major Freshman year, I was able to take advantage of resources that the University provides to explore different career ideas. This helped me choose a better path for myself and I couldn't be happier! I've also had the opportunity to take some interesting courses that have taught me more about the LGBT community, which will help me to be a more inclusive and understanding employee in the future. I was also able to take advantage of the study abroad program that UWEC offers and had an incredible experience! The only complaint that I have is that the dorms were tiny, outdated and very expensive for what you get, but I only lived in them Freshman year and now live off-campus.
The University of Wisconsin- Eau Claire is a beautiful campus with lots of opportunities. They are known for the nursing program and school of business. It was unfortunate to see all trees be cut down, to be replanted by smaller ones. Being the most beautiful campus in the midwest, it is also unfortunate the amount of construction that has been on campus recently.
The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is a great school. The campus is absolutely beautiful and in the heart of the city. Everything that you could want as a student is a short walk away. The professors are wonderful and the class sizes are small so it creates a more one-on-one feel with your professors. The only problem that is here is the lack of diversity on campus.
The University of Wisconsin- Eau Claire is an amazing college that provides opportunities for all students. I am currently in my 3rd year as a Junior at UWEC, and I can honestly say choosing to attend this university has by far been the best choice I have made so far in life. I have not only grown personally, but also academically.

Since being at UWEC I have been able to accomplish being on the Dean's List, gaining leadership roles on the executive board of two organizations (Alpha Xi Delta Fraternity and Operation Smile Club), and becoming a confident and successful student. UWEC has given me the chance to stand out as an individual. I have been able to create amazing relationships with classmates and professors, and have now been employed as an experienced writing tutor at the Center for Writing Excellence.

The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is the perfect place for individuals to find their passion, succeed academically, and gain opportunities of a lifetimes.
So far, I have loved Eau Claire. Everyone seems to be enjoying what they do here and willing to help out. Even though Eau Claire does host many international students, the campus could become more diverse.
From touring the school, it seemed to have a friendly and helpful atmosphere. The campus and the city of Eau Claire is beautiful, and I think the medium sized campus and student population is perfect for me.
The campus is so beautiful, but the hill takes effort to walk up everyday. Also, the community is so small and close knit. It is easy to walk everywhere.
Eau Claire is a college town with hipster character and the liberal education is of excellent value (and also cheaper than many other state 4-colleges).
I love the campus! Beautiful and no busy traffic through it. Convenient buses and nice buildings. I dislike the construction on campus and the book rental system cost me more money than it saves.
I like that they are always looking for ways to improve, but I think some of the programs are being cut down too much. For a university who claims to not have money for programs, they spend a fortune on making campus prettier.
Eau Claire is a beautiful campus with beautiful people. The class sizes are small enough to get to know your professors, and everyone is very friendly.
I have had a grear experience at the University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire so far! I am going into my junior year and I have met so many great people and have gotten to participate in so many cool experiences including being a hall raiser, being on a hall council, working as a resident assistant in the dorms, becoming a campus ambassador, studying abroad and so much more! UWEC has totally been a home away from home and I have loved being a student!
I liked the community aspect of this university and how close-knit you become with your peers, however, I would like the see change in the staff and their qualifications.
I think that UW Eau Claire is a great college at a low cost. You will get a high quality education for a low amount of money. Plus there are many opportunities to get a part time job on campus. They really provide many options for students as far as wellness, dining, and career guidance.
Start Your Review of University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire
I would say the biggest downfall is lack of diversity, but I feel the people here care enough that they are trying to make it better.
The campus at Eau Claire is beautiful and the student and professors are incredible people who are quite helpful when you ask questions.
UWEC's campus didn't get the legacy of "most beautiful campus" for nothing. We've got a great walking trail as well as a glorious river that makes for perfect sunset photos. The city around the campus is alive and artsy with events and places for everyone. The school itself offers a vast majority of majors, student involvement, and events. Small class sizes lead by wonderful and passionate professors. One thing I'd change, however, is the horrid hill to get up to the dorms.