University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee is ...
NCAA Division I-AAA
University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
SAT Scores Range
ACT Scores Range
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.159 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.160 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.160 responses
Most Popular Majors
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say Greek life is pretty low-key and has little effect on the social scene.205 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.265 responses
After University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.113 responses
Colleges like University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee
- B-University of Wisconsin - Oshkosh
- 4 Year
- Oshkosh, WI
- 1,224 reviews
- BUniversity of Wisconsin - Whitewater
- 4 Year
- Whitewater, WI
- 1,161 reviews
- B-University of Wisconsin - Parkside
- 4 Year
- Kenosha, WI
- 431 reviews
- C+Milwaukee Area Technical College
- 2 Year
- Milwaukee, WI
- 507 reviews
University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee Reviews
Review University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee
This is my first semester at UWM and I honestly love it! I've been around the campus for the past three years because all of my friends have always gone here, so once I finally transferred, I felt right at home. I was a bit nervous at first, but all my professors are very helpful when I need them and I've had no worries thanks to them. Although the neighbor surrounding campus might seem a little sketchy at times, I never feel unsafe because of the campus and Milwaukee police patrolling all the time.
In my first year of college I've managed to make several new friends, start a student organization, contract with the United States Air Force, and regularly shadow a physician at the Children's Hospital of Wisconsin. I've determined what it is I'd like to do after college: serve in the Air Force as an Emergency Medical Specialist. Juggling school work with all my other activities and social life required a bit of adaptation through time management, but ultimately I feel that I've grown as an individual and am more capable to perform in my academics and other activities. If that can all be accomplished in just one year, I'm looking forward to seeing what I'll gain from my experiences over the next three!
Overall my experience is great! I am learning things everyday, making friends and experiencing college life. Plus, the food in the dorm towers is awesome! Not necessarily a good thing for the freshman 15! The only issue that I have is getting in and out of the dorm buildings. The elevators don't go to all of the floors and I have to take the stairs to the floor above or below in order o get on the elevator. There is no button on the elevators on my floor. Who designed this?!