University of West Georgia Reviews

2,415 reviews
As much as I love the individual niche that I am apart of, UWG itself is a waste land. The only reason I am staying is because I have to complete two years of Undergrad in order to transfers to another institution. The administration is terrible and only care about money, they are trying to cleanse the college of Greek life, and all and all do not respect the students that pay unnecessary amounts of money to their pockets.
This campus was pretty average to me. Kind of small compare to other schools so not many options of teachers and classes to choose from. The city is one of the main things I did not like. There was not much school spirit or anything going on.
So far I've really enjoyed my teachers. The school offers a wide variety of degree and classes which is a plus. However I dislike how much walking is involved on campus, and as a freshman you're not allowed to drive your car until the weekend, so getting from class to class can be exhausting if they're across campus. I feel like the wifi is pretty decent for a college campus, but I feel the food could be more tasteful.
Start Your Review of University of West Georgia
It was a great experience, the campus was beautiful and very big . The orientation leaders were very helpful in helping me find my way around . They were very friendly and informative about the campus and being involved in the community.
I have had a pretty decent experience at UWG. I can't complain too much. I do wish that they wouldn't have gotten rid of the Subway that they used to have though... The replacement is not nearly as good. That is probably my biggest criticism.
The University of West Georgia offers excellent opportunities to me as a dual enrollment student. The professors are wonderful and really care about helping students understand material. The Newnan campus is always very clean and I feel safe there. Excellent!
My overall experience at west ga was good in bad . The good was I met new people and the professors are great they will always try to help but it’s up to you as the student to reach out. Only bad thing I went through was dealing with the financial aid team that’s something you have to try and get solved before school even starts
The university of west Georgia has presented me with a lot of new opportunities to grow and find myself in ways that I never expected
It is a great school. They have so many academic ways of helping you succeed and pursue whatever you want to do.
My overall experiences at the University of West Georgia has been amazing so far .I have made great friends and I have had wonderful professors here. The campus is absolutely beautiful amd organization . Everyone is treated with kindness and respect.
I have really enjoyed the University of West Georgia. It is a great school with a lot of benefits. There are plenty of opportunities for extra curricular activities. There offer resources to help you study and get understanding in your classes. The professors are always there to help. The only thing I would like to see change is more opportunities to work full time and go to school for students that have chosen later in life to go back to school. Funding opportunities would be helpful also.
My overall experiences with the University of West Georgia has been amazing! I have made great friends and I have had wonderful professors here. The campus is absolutely beautiful. Everyone is treated with kindness and respect. Our campus makes everyone feel welcomed.
I personally think the University of West Georgia is a great school! They have many useful resources that will help you be successful. My favorites were the writing center and the math center. They have people there to individually help you with anything you need.
I love how great the community is in Carrollton. Everyone comes together to make this university the best it can be. It’s a decently affordable college. Everyone who works here always helps students with any issues they have.
This is offers a nursing program and it is excellent. I am currently enrolled for META major program which is also awesome.
I love this school. The school has amazing food, small class sizes, a great student life and a Criminology program that has been well tailored to my success. I have had some really strong professors that are very understanding to my needs and challenge me academically. My financial aid consultant and my academic advisor have worked hard to help me with my success at the school. I look forward to continuing my educational career at the University of West Georgia.
West Georgia's staff are passionate about their jobs and their students' success. Their is a sense of ambition among the student body. A great learning environment.
Start Your Review of University of West Georgia
I love my experience here at West Georgia! I started as a freshman and I loved this school! Now I am an uprising sophomore and it gives me an opportunity to venture out to be in the career path of nursing. It is great for nursing and I inspire others to join the experience they give you it is worth it!
I like that the University of West Georgia is close enough to home for me to commute. I would not want to live on campus, as I do not really feel that safe even walking to and from my classes. I am a math major, and I think several of the professors in that department are great!
my first year experience to say the least was intersecting. overall education wise was great, however everything else needs improvement. the way they make freshmen choose roommates based on questions need to change. i moved three times due to roommates issues. wifi sucks. the food was decent i guess but expensive. our sport teams were good. university of west georgia had a huge diversity of students. party scene is great. i was involved in sac student activity council that put on huge events for the school