University of West Florida Reviews

1,630 reviews
The campus is very nice. I love that it's a small campus but still has sorority options. Their gym is state of the art with a lot of activities to choose from. The class sizes are small and the professors have more office time with you. The admissions staff is so nice and were extremely helpful.
University of West Florida is truly a great place. It is a small enough school that you're able to have a good connection with teachers, but it also has a good amount of students to where you still feel like you're in college. Beautiful place too!
The University of West Florida is a great university with a wonderful staff who is dedicated to preparing students for the future. The only thing I wish would change is the parking. There are an increasing number of students; however, an unchanging number of parking spots. Other than that, I really enjoy going to this University and am thankful to attend this school.
Start Your Review of University of West Florida
It’s a great experience, everyone is nice and willing to learn with each other and become better students and I just love the scenery. The diversity is good and I would recommend it to a lot of people if they want to get their education around great people.
The professors are very welcoming and understanding including the administration and workers on campus. The busses are available for transportation to classes on campus and stores off campus. I love the various halls and the friendly RAs. The campus is constantly making improvements so it's hard to think of what the University could do to make it better. The diversity of the school, however, could be improved to help other students feel safe or more welcomed.
University of West Florida is a beautiful school, and is growing rapidly since the time I have been here. The students are very nice, and the professors wants to see you succeed. The class sizes are ideal, and its a very open community. There is plenty for you to do to get involved, with many clubs, organizations, and even greek life. There is also the beautiful Pensacola beach, and downtown Pensacola which is a sight to see.
I like UWF because I have had a very personal experience with my classmates and professors. Professors actually make an effort to know students by their names and it is easy to make friends with classmates. I have lived in the town next to Pensacola my whole life, so I pretty much grew up in Pensacola. I never thought I would enjoy going to UWF as much as I do. It gives me that "homey" feeling, has a beautiful campus, and gives me a great education.
I am a transfer student from Ivy Tech Community College in Indiana. I am currently in my second semester as an online student at UWF and have loved every minute of it. I have never liked school, but they have made it so efficient and feasible, especially as a full time employee as well. UWF is the only school that I was able to find that had an "all online" program for healthcare administration. If it weren't for UWF online, I would not be able to work and go to school. Financially, I would not be able to afford it. Attending UWF has, by far, been the best decision I've ever made!
They have a program for almost anything, with teachers that are passionate about their subjects. The campus is beautiful, and nature is visible everywhere you look. The food and activities are exquisite, and our sports teams are always determined to win.
I really like UWF they have many research opportunities and most professors are very helpful whenever you have a question. I would like UWF to improve their food and some of their buildings which are old, but everything else is great!
I have really loved going to UWF. I lived in a dorm for a year, and I have had an on-campus job my entire time going here. I love this school and everything I have learned here, and I am excited to continue learning here over the next two years. I couldn't imagine going to a different university.
My experience at the University of West Florida is excellent. The university provides a very student-friendly as well as environmental-friendly campus. The professors, advisors and other faculty members are truly helpful in acing your educational goals. As a transfer student from the Philippines, I admire how every classroom has these technologies that serve as easy and better educational tools for the students.
Although I have only been at UWF for one semester, I would say my experience was great! The professors I had were always willing to help, inside and outside of class and there are several on campus resources to make staying at school to study easier.
UWF is surrounded by woods and has plenty of trees and lawns in-between buildings, with a nature trail going over a pond, its a perfect place for biology and environmental majors. I've personally had fun attending the research symposiums and getting to know other students and their ambitions there. The University could use more security though, we need to have a couple more emergency contact phones out on the trails, since cell service is unreliable out there and sexual assault does happen on campus. Also, there are a variety of places to get food, not just at the Nautilus market and Galley, such as a hidden restaurant in building 86 that makes great sandwiches (Gusto's), a smoothie shop right before the stairs to the gym, a pizza place connected to President's Hall, events hosted by the mathematics and science departments, and a food truck at the wooden platform hangout area.
Student life is pretty average. Sport events are fun to attend though. Decent food selection. College town is alright but there are limited things to do during the weekend.
The campus is beautiful, I have a couple of friends who are currently going to school at West Florida and they love it. I have heard nothing but good things about the school and the area surrounding it. I get pictures all of the time of the campus from them. I have always wanted to visit West Florida and see it in person, but I have not been able to get around to it yet. Hopefully one day soon I can take a tour!
I enjoyed my years at the University of West Florida. It taught me a lot both educationally and personally about what I'd like to achieve in my life. This school had great academic resources available for students but lacked much diversity among staff.
Start Your Review of University of West Florida
It is a beautiful campus filled with a large diversity of students. The only negative thing that I experienced was how difficult it was to get in contact with my advisors.
I love the campus. I have recommended the campus to many. I did my undergrad here. After graduating I applied for a staff position and I love it. The atmosphere and the people are amazing.
I have had relatively good professors. I had a bad experience with the school psychiatrist who told me "I was blowing things out of portion", when I was in an auto accident and worried about access to my medications. I had to return seven hours home for the summer due to physcial injuries. I would not reccomend that psychiatrist. I also have noticed that the professors students have more job opportunity and leadership positions. I have found those opportunities are hard to find on my own. I have found it hard to get involved at uwf and feel like they need to advertise things better. However, I do enjoy the nature and the friends I have made. I like the psychology department and the music department. The music department has done a wonderful job accomodating me. I continue pursuing a minor regardless of my physical injury. Most departments and professors are good, but if you are not in the "in", it seems opportunity as a transfer student is hard to come across.