University of West Florida Reviews

1,602 reviews
UWF has made my first year of college very enjoyable and stress free. Student help is always available.
Uwf is a great school! However it could definitely use some more parking spaces for student, especially considering the crazy high price of a parking permit. I've never paid more than $20 for one before so being charged an extra $100 on top of that is a little ridiculous
I absolutely love this college! The food, the professors, the clubs and activities, EVERYTHING! I would 100% recommend attending UWF for your degree.
Start Your Review of University of West Florida
All the staff here at UWF are always on top of everything. They get to you quickly and ensure that you have what you need or know what you need to know. My favorite thing about UWF is the professor to student ratio. This creates a better connection with the staff and colleagues. Everything about this University has been super pleasing, I have yet to find anything I would change about the school itself.
The University of West Florida is a great school to attend. The one thing that attracted me to this school is the small class sizes, and their study abroad programs. The teachers for the most part are awesome, and they are always willing to help. The one thing that I would want my university to improve on is being more diverse and recruiting more students of color, so that the school can represents all walks of life. Overall, my experience at UWF as been great and I hope that other can see the value of this school as well.
The campus is very pretty. love the student life. The professors are average but there are the ones that understand and actually cares about the well being of their students.
I am an international student so for me it was a big change of life style. However, the staff welcomed me very well and accompanied me in all my semester.
I really enjoy how clean the campus is. They offer many resources to help students, such as printers on each floor in certain buildings. The advisors are very helpful and fast in their responses.
It has a good design program, but some things make you feel they are just trying to get as much money from you as they can
Grounds keeper or assistant women’s soccer coach is a total jerk. Drove up in his white jeep and made overally aggressive remarks to my wife and I about where to run with our dog. (An 8 pound puppy). As a die hard argonauts supporter this was surprising. As a D1 sports family we thought it to be pretty comical.
As an art student, most of the teachers are great. On the fine arts side, the teachers were wonderful except like one. The digital art side all of them are great besides one. Show you will put in effort and the teachers will accomidate you.
It's a pretty good school academic wise. However the administration has a lot of problems as does its financial aid department.
I love the canpus. Instead of building huge unnatural buildings, UWF opted to build their campus alongside trees, hills, and nature. The school is located in Pensacola, which is a bit of a boring city with no nightlife, but that only strengthens the academics.
The University of West Florida is amazing. Even though it is a smaller university in Florida it has a lot to off. The level of diversity is large, programs are proficient, and the campus is easy to navigate as well. Each year I have been going to UWF we have made history in some way whether with academics or with athletics.
The professors have a close relationship with their students and I feel are more involved in trying to reach out and help because not every class is so big. I love how quiet it can be during the weeks, there's not a party going on every night to distract you. They're starting to build more things around the campus to eat and other resources.
I am currently a sophomore at UWF majoring in Marine Biology and would say my experience so far has been good. I do not live on campus but have friends that do and they love the dorms. I will say that science department is very large for the size of the school so class availability is limited. However, there are a lot of resources provided to students.
I love the natural campus and the facilities are nice. The advisors are not all that great. The prereqs make finishing your degree in 4 years. There are many scholarships available to cut down on your out of pocket/loan amount.
Start Your Review of University of West Florida
The Campus community is outstanding. The organizations try their best to reach out to everyone and have a niche available for all students. The food service is my only big concern - wait time is unrealistic and so are the new proportions.
They offer many options to help you succeed whether it be the free book rentals in the library, the on campus psychologists, or even just the caring staff. A lot of the staff try to accommodate with your learning methods, but some are stuck in their old ways which may make the class seem difficult.
I'm currently a Junior at West Florida, and my experience has been very good so far, there are small class sizes and involved instructors that are always open to assist their students.