University of Virginia Reviews

2,024 reviews
UVA guarantees a phenomenal education and graduating from a school with such high prestige helps create long lasting professional and personal relationships and opens so many doors in future careers.
I am so glad I decided to come to UVA it has honestly been the most exciting year of my life. Everyone is very friendly and the professors are great! Definitely a school to keep in your top 2
Good school for you if you don't mind meeting a lot of selfish and big-headed people, people like that and very antisocial nerdy types seem to be the only kinds of people at UVA
Start Your Review of University of Virginia
Beautiful Campus, amazing academics. The food was alright when I visited a few times, but it wasn't horrible. When I went to the campus, it just felt like a home. There's parts where you just know you will be able to have a great time and chill out.
I am a second-year student at the University of Virginia. I am interested in pursuing a major in Public policy or Global Development studies. My favorite part of the University is the Professors. They generally care about each and every student. They are willing to help students and make their college experience the best. They are also very good at giving life advice and career advice to the student. The one of the thing I don't like about this university is the party culture. It is sad to see smart students making the stupid decision during the weekend and see them getting wasted and not taking care of themselves. I feel like self-care is one of the most important things pay attention to as a college student. It's very easy to fallow the party culture and forget about self-care. I think getting drunk and going out to a party is not the only way to have fun, there is so much to do without going to the party and still have fun.
I love the environment of the University of Virginia. The surrounding community outside of the school is very friendly and people seem to always be wearing a smile. The professors are always offering help and I have found many friends easily as many people are looking to make new connections every day.
I never thought that I would love college this much! The University of Virginia is AMAZING. I have learned a great deal from each of my professors. (I recommend using ratemyprofessor and thecourseform to help you choose them). I actually enjoy going to classes that aren't based on regurgitating information but processing it and actually learning. Additionally, with thousands of clubs, there are plenty of ways to get involved. On another note, there are many stereotypes of people who come to the University, but I promise that not all of us are preppy, rich, and white, though a good portion is. The only problems I have with UVA are the prices of tuition and the honor code. Tuition is expensive and instead of giving grants UVA sometimes gives a lot of loans. Although I love the honor code and what it stands for, it seems to target minorities and foreign students.
I am an above average student and I wish they offered more merit scholarships. I do not qualify for the TOP and only merit scholarship. They need more mreit scholarships.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Overall, the experience has been pleasant. UVa has a rich history and a tradition that many alumni are very proud of. While its not really my cup of tea, I can at least sit back and amuse myself with the peppy (almost douchey) vibe of the campus. I think the school offers a lot of opportunities for people who are looking for it, but it requires the students to be proactive. Professors are knowledgeable but their ability to really get through to the students is suspect (as is the case in most campuses in America these days). Other than that, the school itself is a wonderful experience. UVa athletic events are enjoyable, the social/Greek life is pretty big, and there are quite a bit of things to do throughout "grounds." Definitely takes time to get used to but the school and its quirky atmosphere grows on you.
Despite a distinct arrogance that carries pervasively throughout the faculty and the majority of rich students, this is an incredible place. The University's reputation and academic rigor are such that anyone admitted to this school should seriously consider attending. The academics are beyond excellent for the price if you are a Virginia resident.
The generalizations about all the snobs and rich kids is very real at UVA. Lots of annoying traditions and niches based on socioeconomic upbringing. The good part about the university is if you can find like minded anti-tradition poor kids like yourself to relate to and make close bonds with. In terms of the actual education, it is very fast paced but equally manageable!
The University of Virginia is exceptional when it comes to academics and extracurriculars. Many clubs and UVA events are student run, thus students gain a lot of experience in leadership, job skills, and an overall sense of responsibility and independence. There are also many jobs and internship opportunities offered. Such an academic environment can foster large amounts of stress and competition between students. Hence, the University of Virginia offers free counseling and support within the community. As affordable as this school is, tuition and school costs can be a lot for the average family. The University is continuously working on relations between minorities and those from all walks of life. Nonetheless, this is an area that still needs work.
The University of Virginia offers a great college experience. Students here are definitely driven and care a lot about their academics. Therefore, you are constantly surrounded by people that actually care about major issues in numerous fields. That being said, students are very involved and it can be sometimes overwhelming being surrounded by peers that are constantly working and achieving. However, students here know how to strike the balance between working hard and also having fun at the same time. UVA is definitely a very social school as well and the opportunities for socializing, no matter your scene are in abundance.
I came into UVA not liking it at all. But going through it for 2 years now, I have really come to appreciate and love it. I don't think that I can see myself anywhere else now. I think even in the midst of the challenging academics, constant construction, and even the subpar dining food, UVA really has a lot to offer. Most professors really care about what they are teaching and want their students to learn as much as possible. The school has a long story of history that is intricately sewn into every aspect of its everyday life. Every building comes with halls and halls of stories. But most importantly for me, I have gotten the chance to meet and befriend people who are have become so crucial in my life. I thank the school for bringing people together, so that not only can we find success through the education it provided, but people to share that with.
The Graduate Nursing School is fantastic, and the community of students and faculty is wonderfully inviting and supportive.
UVa has an amazing campus, and the history of the school is very rich. There are a wide variety of classes and majors to enroll in, giving you plenty of opportunities.
Start Your Review of University of Virginia
UVA is nestled in the beautiful town of Charlottesville, which is renowned for its horses, wine, food, and the arts. Thomas Jefferson created the university with this intent of furthering education and stressed that no one is a senior in their learning. UVA is reaped with history and tradition, which permeate into the culture of the school. Academics is paramount, but actively participating in activities and events is highly encouraged. Once you attend, you are immediately a part of the UVA family, which provides you with an incredible network.
Hands down the best school in the country--unbeatable academics, amazing athletics, unrivaled party-scene, and perfect college town. Why go anywhere else?
The community is very tight-knit. It lets you know about upcoming opportunities, when people are getting together, and so forth. The professors are all very enthusiastic about the their job, and I enjoy learning from them!