University of Virginia Reviews

2,078 reviews
I have been at UVA for just 6 months, but it has already been a transformative experience. I was deciding between Georgetown, Georgia Tech, Notre Dame, and Cornell, and I choose UVA for a number of reasons. This school has been everything I looked for and more. The academics are incredible, the atmosphere collaborative, and the party's inclusive. I highly recommend UVA to any and everyone.
I had a wonderful four years at the University if Virginia. As a part of the Kinesiology program, I had many small classes with professors that truly care about your education. Charlottesville is such a perfect town and there are many fun outdoor activities to do throughout the year!
I love UVA! The academics are hard, but that's the price for how good they are. There are so many diverse people that there is a group to fit in with no matter who you are. It is easy to make friends and there is a lot of opportunity to build a resume or to build yourself into the person you want to be.
Start Your Review of University of Virginia
The university has a great sports and academic program. Very well rounded teachers and schedules. In state for my self, so very accessible. Great anatomy programs for students. School is very diverse and welcome to all.
I love UVA's rich history and it's commitment to the betterment of their student body. The school is dedicated to making sure each student receives the best education possible with the goal of making the world a better place upon graduation.
University of Virginia, is a very fascinating place for any college student. It is one of the best sites to explore, since the university exhibits great architecture and beauty. The studies are amazing!
The University, while trying, still needs to improve on the diversity of the staff, especially the professors.
University of Virginia is a great school, with excellent academics and an amazing campus. One thing I would like to see change is an increase in diversity, and less of a focus on separating groups of people, and more of an emphasis on empowering all people in a diversified environment.
The University of Virginia is the perfect combination of academic and social opportunities. UVa offers a wide range of great courses with good teachers and you're constantly pushed to do your best. The competitive atmosphere between students fosters hard work and diligence but does not go so far as to create a divide between students. At UVa there is a club, activity or organization for everyone and students take pride in participation. When they say that UVa is "work hard, play hard" they aren't kidding. It is definitely a lot of fun, but succeeding at the University of Virginia takes a lot of hard work, time management and motivation.
I love how friendly the atmosphere is. The professors really want you to succeed and will work with you to get there.
my first year was awesome! the only thing to complain about is the food quality! considering that is the only complaint, i go to the best school ever!
UVa is an excellent school in regards to academics. The professors I've had are generally quite friendly and willing to help you during office hours. However, I will say that it can be a bit difficult for out-of-state students (especially those who are more introverted) to break into the social scene.
The Univeristy of Virginia offers great facilities and student life. The academics are rigorous, but employment statistics seem to suggest the rigour is well worth it.
UVA has an open culture on campus and the teachers and college students are very helpful. Personally, the tennis team is very competitive.
The University of Virginia is a beautiful campus filled with a lot of opportunities for growth socially and academically.
I think UVA has alot to offer and it gives me a change to pursue my dream. It truly takes alot to get in but once you get in, it's a perfect experience.
I love the campus and the people. I think that it is certainly challenging academically, but I find that many students are willing to help you in classes. The campus itself is absolutely beautiful (especially during the fall and spring time) which encourages a lot of students to study outside on the Lawn. The school is known for being preppy; however, you can still certainly find you friend group outside of that (as I did in a Christian fellowship). Most of the professors that I have been taught by were really good, but I have heard my fair share of poor professor stories (I've just been lucky enough to not encounter that in the English department). The one other downfall I would like to comment on is that I do sometimes find myself hyper-aware of the fact that I tend to be one a few black students in the classroom. However Black Student Alliance tries to have a strong presence on the campus.
Start Your Review of University of Virginia
The people are what makes UVa so great. I am never alone and everyone is very friendly. I recommend UVa to all my younger friends who are applying to universities.
I am so happy with my choice to go to the University of Virginia. UVA is different from other universities as there is a sense of unity and trust which is fostered by the student self governance. It is filled with a rich history and has taught me a great deal not only through my courses, but simply from being at the school. This university has provided me with many opportunities and encouraged me pursue them.
This college if pretty good. It is one of the best colleges in the state and it is the best college in the state for the subject I am majoring in, which is astronomy. It is pretty pricey of course, which is expected. The meal plan is crap, you pay more per meal for the plan than for buying the meals one at a time.