University of Vermont Reviews

1,634 reviews
UVM academics are amazing, but if you are not liberal DON'T go there!! I will be transferring next semester, because there is nothing to do without a car. If you have someone visiting with a car, there's no parking anywhere on campus and in town. The school is so focused on sustainability, but the food is pasteurized and is gross. The price is not reasonable for the time spent here. If you are not automatically in a clique, you're screwed. I cannot wait to leave.
The University of Vermont is a great school! The UVM community is close knit and allows students to learn about their passions and grow through connections with others. There are many opportunities for internships, studying abroad, and service learning courses which get students out into the world to learn more than they can learn in the classroom alone. Additionally, Burlington is a great place to go to school. There are great shops and restaurants, as well as arts and live performances. I would recommend UVM to any student who is looking for a stellar University experience!
I loved Burlington, and I loved the campus when I visited. The school is perfect for Environmental Science, which is what I want to study. It is a medium sized school, which means that it isn't too big but it isn't too small.
Start Your Review of University of Vermont
I have not had a good experience here and will be transferring at the end of the semester. To play intramural sports you have to take a test? Then when you try to join, unless you know someone on the team you’re sol. My experience with the professors has been 50/50- I withdrew from one class as the professor had 1 office hour a week, and taught through YouTube videos. Food has turned out to be nothing like what it was described as when I took a tour, but thankfully, I’ve had a fridge and can get food at City Matket. My folks spent a ton of $$ for me to go here( I’m from out of state) and it has been disappointing all around to day the least. I’ve personally found it to be VERY cliquey and not very diverse, and will not at all be sorry to say goodbye in a few weeks!
Love it here, UVM is a great place to combine your interests and passions for service, academics, extracurriculars, and all in a really awesome town. Burlington is such a great place to be, amazing food, people, and outdoor experiences. UVM is a great size too, with roughly 10.6 thousand students, I always feel like I can meet someone new, but also feel like I'm part of a small community that I can call home.
UVM was an amazing school. It is in a beautiful location with access to small businesses and local grocery. Burlington itself is a larger city, but the community feel of UVM really stands out. In each School, advisors are always on hand and supportive of your dreams and endeavors.
I like the fact that UVM is a smaller school and the pre-medical program is outstanding. the doors were also clean and spacious. I like the fact that it is close to my home town. If I were to change anything about UVM it would be that they should expand on their internship program.
I enjoy the environment, the living and learning dorm and the various opportunities that the school has to offer.
People complain about none sense but no school is perfect. The environment here is a perfect middle ground between a large state school and a small liberal arts college. Burlington and it’s surround areas provide plenty of activities, restaurants, and events to keep students involved and occupied. I have had more fun here than any other college I’ve visisted through my siblings or friends. It really is the best of both worlds.
Burlington is a perfect college town. The campus is beautiful and a lot of the people are great. However, it's suuuuper white but it is Vermont.
I've gotten a pretty mixed bag in terms of classes and professors -- some are great and others are useless which leaves you on your own for learning the material.
Do yourself a favor and don't come to UVM. It is so clear on-campus that the students are not cared about. The office of residential life is a joke, and everyone on campus will tell you so. The dining halls are bad, all but one serve pizza, pasta, burgers, and fries every single day, and there have been multiple reports of maggots in the dining locations across campus. Unless you are living on Central or Athletic campus, classes are very far away from dorms, and even though there are busses, there are not nearly as many as there should be and 6 weeks into the school year they have already run over two students. I am not sure what UVM puts first, but it definitely is not the students. If you have to go here, join Greek life and you will at least have some community that supports you.
Very good school with lists of opportunities but very easy to get lost in all the people. Some professors are great while others lack a lot.
I love how inclusive University of Vermont is. The environment is very supportive and not cut-throat competitive like other big universities can be. The departments are close knit and it’s easy to feel like there’s an adult advising you and guiding your future. The campus is beautiful and there’s lots to do all year round in Burlington.
UVM is a university with Ivy League-level professors, curricula, and resources. But perhaps more importantly, it has a down-to-earth quality that's just about impossible to find on elite college campuses.
Really nice campus most building have been renovated recently but still have ancient charm. Okay sports scene, teams are pretty good and depending on sport/ game there is good turnout. Enough varying extracurricular to find your niche. Teachers are good and Academics depend on the department but most are good. CALS in particular is exceptional. Teachers there really will put the student's education first and want to teach you rather than get you a good grade.
I personally love it here, the professors are great and the people are better. The administration, like at all colleges, tends to need some work on their attention to social justice. The dorms are fairly livable, and the food definitely could be worse.
I love UVM. UVM has given me numerous opportunities such as working on campus, meeting people through university organized events, and overall allowing students to make their college experience their own. The campus is beautiful and close to downtown. UVM is a great school and I wouldn't change a thing.
Start Your Review of University of Vermont
I enjoyed the dorms and how clean they were and how friendly people were with everyone. It was nice to be able to feel comfortable on campus and not worry about anything other than focusing on academics. The professors were good and I was able to have the privilege to be with a few that have actually stood out to myself and many of my friends.
The University of Vermont has been a very fun school. I participate in a varsity sport which made adapting to the school much easier than if I did not participate. The school offers me a lot of financial aid which is very nice. The school is large which is a new experience for those who are used to a small town/school like myself. Some professors are hard to like during lectures, but outside of classes they are very nice and very willing to work with any student who takes the time to see them. The scenery is very appealing as well. Overall, I enjoy UVM which is why I will return for another three years.
It looks like a nice campus with lots of great opportunities, but when I have been there it seems to look a little run down and old. It could get fixed up a little bit.