University of Vermont Campus Life
grade B minus
Based on housing cost, capacity, student reviews and additional factors.
On-Campus Housing Available
Freshmen Required to Live on Campus
Freshmen Live On-Campus
No data available
Undergrads in College Housing
Average Housing Cost
$8,532 / year
- of students say overall dorm quality is great. 82 responses
- of students say the dorms' social atmosphere is great. 162 responses
Based on meal plan cost and student reviews on the food.
Meal Plan Available
Average Meal Plan Cost
$4,414 / year
What are the best food options on campus?
Based on 216 responses
- Definitely points plan rather than unlimited plan23%
- Points are much easier for on the go food17%
- The points food is better by far, more options.16%
- Depends what your schedule is13%
- Points so you don't have to sit in a dining hall8%
- Unlimited because I eat a lot7%
- of students highly rate the dining facilities. 103 responses
Based on quality of housing, food services, student reviews, and additional factors.
Based on campus diversity, social scene, student reviews, and additional factors.
What is your overall opinion of your school and the campus community?
Based on 83 responses
- I love everything about my school and have a lot of campus pride.37%
- I like mostly everything about my school, but there are some things I wish were different.46%
- The school community is okay-we're all just here for an education, nothing more.10%
- I hate my school and have no school spirit.7%
Based on crimes on campus, local area crime rates, and student reviews.
- of students say they feel extremely safe and secure on campus. 106 responses
How does peer pressure affect students' use of drugs and alcohol?
Based on 77 responses
- You can have a great social life without drugs or alcohol.10%
- Most people partake in some form, but no one treats you differently if you don't.64%
- You'll definitely feel a little awkward if you don't drink.17%
- If you don't partake, you're left out.9%
How visible are the campus police on campus?
Based on 82 responses
- Extremely present and willing to assist students.9%
- There if you need them but not overbearing.57%
- Just there to bust up parties or give out parking tickets.23%
- Not very visible.7%
- We have campus police?4%
How popular are varsity sports on campus?
Based on 170 responses
- Almost everything on campus revolves around them.1%
- Varsity sports are a big part of campus life.28%
- Varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.65%
- No one pays attention to varsity sports.6%
Men's Varsity Sports
All Track Combined, Basketball, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Skiing, Soccer
Women's Varsity Sports
All Track Combined, Basketball, Field Hockey, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Skiing, Soccer, Swimming and Diving
Clubs & Activities
Campus Ministries, Dance, Drama/Theater, International Student Organizations, Literary Magazine, Radio Station, Student Government, Newspaper, Film Society, Television Station
Choral Groups, Concert Band, Jazz Band, Music Ensembles, Musical Theater, Pep Band, Symphony Orchestra
What are your favorite campus events or traditions?
Based on 78 responses
- NAKED BIKE RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!23%
- HALLOWEEN :)21%
- Hockey games!21%
- Hanging out with friends! :)12%
- NONE! All of them are drug fests9%
- Rally cat fridays5%
Based on access to bars and student reviews on the party scene.
What is the party scene like on campus?
Based on 114 responses
- Tons of raging parties almost any night of the week.3%
- Lots of options Wednesday-Saturday.47%
- Some decent frat/house parties, weekends only.34%
- Good parties are few and far between.13%
- Parties? What parties?3%
What is the biggest party event of the year?
Based on 83 responses
- A tie between the Naked Bike Ride & 4/20 for sure48%
- 4/20 is by far the biggest party event of the year22%
- Probably... Every Friday8%
- Last day of classes- Naked bike ride5%
- St. Patrick's Day4%
- Drag ball1%
Men in Fraternities
Women in Sororities
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join. 153 responses