Since 1791, the University of Vermont has worked to move humankind forward. Today, UVM is a Public Ivy and top 100 research university of a perfect size, large enough to offer a breadth of ideas, resources, and opportunities, yet small enough to enable close faculty-student mentorship across all levels of study, from bachelor’s to M.D. programs. Here, students’ educational experience and activities are enriched by our location — from the energy and innovation of Burlington to the forests, farms, and independent spirit of Vermont. UVM provides students endless ways to explore the world, challenge ideas, and dig in on the most pressing issues of our time.
Our hometown perennially appears on national rankings that laud its livability, access to nature and recreation (including the best skiing in the northeast), thriving food and music scene, rising identity as a technology and innovation hub, and its status as a top college town.
University of Vermont Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.95 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.113 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.113 responses
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.142 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.159 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.75 responses