University of Vermont Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.95 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.106 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.106 responses
Most Popular Majors
Business Administration and Management221 Graduates
Environmental Studies127 Graduates
Political Science and Government103 Graduates
Public Relations89 Graduates
Animal Sciences and Husbandry75 Graduates
Mechanical Engineering74 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 62 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.135 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.152 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 75 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.75 responses
University of Vermont Reviews
I truly love the atmosphere and all of the people. I am more than happy with my choice of this university. The campus is beautiful. It is a larger campus but accommodations were made. There are three different bus routes, one even takes students to downtown. The class sizes are a good number despite the fact there are around 12,000 undergraduates. Professors are always willing to help students. The quality of the dorms vary depending on the building and the food is better at some locations on campus, but there are multiple places to eat on campus. The library is in a very central location and there is always available seating. The campus is very safe. UVM has almost every club imaginable. If they don't have one you are interested in you can create it! Overall, The University of Vermont is a wonderful school. During breaks I can not wait to get back to campus. I can not imagine myself at another school. I am very pleased with my decision to attend this university.
When I visited UVM I really enjoyed the atmosphere of the campus and I absolutely loved Burlington! The campus was gorgeous and the students seemed very friendly. Burlington would be such an amazing place to live. I love the history behind the older New England towns. My only problem with the school was when I met with a financial aid adviser to see if I would be able to afford the pricey out of state tuition. I asked him about scholarships and other opportunities that would make the school more affordable and reasonable for me. The adviser was very aloof and did not seem to know anything about scholarship opportunities. He treated my family and I like morons and told me to just search for micro scholarships on google. I really love the school, but I do not think I will be able to find $20,000 a year in micro scholarships.
UVM is an excellent college. The professors are top notch. The reputation of students being pot smoking hippies could not be further from the truth. The students are extremely intelligent and hardworking students who take their academics and future very seriously, besides the campus environment being amazingly beautiful!