University of Tulsa Reviews

The University of Tulsa is very dedicated to providing an above average education to it's students. It is a private university therefore tuition is also above average, which makes things hard for lower class families. Living off campus as a freshman makes it hard to feel involved sometimes. But while on campus most students are very welcoming.
I received my BA from the University of Tulsa in Film Studies, with a focus on Screenwriting. I found my program to be very good, with excellent professors for both screenwriting and production. However, TU is very expensive compared to nearby schools with similar programs, such as OU, and the outcomes are not better in this particular major. Since TU is a Liberal Arts college, they should really have more support in place for graduates with creative majors.
The only reason that I rate The University of Tulsa as a 4 out 5 is because overall it is very expensive and very difficult but it is a great school and I am excited to see if it pays off in the long run. I love that I can feel confident knowing that I am receiving a very good education and I am becoming smarter every second that I attend The University of Tulsa.
Start Your Review of University of Tulsa
Since the University of Tulsa is a private college, it offers small class sizes, easy one-on-one time with professors, while providing better opportunities for securing internships, with it having lesser students. Academics are very rigorous, but professors are always willing to help!
Campus is beautiful and you can get where you need to in 10 minutes. Some of the dorms are a little old but they have character. For incoming freshmen, the freshman dorm is definitely worth it if you want to meet new people! Classes are hard but you get what you put into it. There are plenty of ways to get involved on campus even if you do not want to go Greek! The campus is fairly small but you can still walk around and see new people everyday.
I loved TU. The small campus made me feel like I was part of a community. The professors, especially within the chemistry department, were very experienced and professional.
I love the University of Tulsa because it is a small school size with all the benefits of a larger university. Tulsa has one-on-one teacher to student interactions, but it still offers students the networking skills to make a difference in their future careers.
This is a great University! I love the small class sizes that make for a more personal college experience!
The University of Tulsa is a small, private university that boasts a lot but doesn't deliver. I am not challenged as much as I would like, and the professor quality is hit and miss.
The University of Tulsa is a widely recognized name for many companies, so a degree from this university will take you places. However, there is a sacrifice for a degree with this sort of recognition; students are often kept in the dark when it comes to safety concerns like sexual assault on campus. Recent scandals have left them struggling to make ends meet and renovations on one of their buildings have been postponed indefinitely. A major draw is petroleum engineering, but as the industry has become less stable, attendance has dropped due to less students coming to TU for a PE degree. This means skyrocketing costs for current and prospective students. In my experience, there have been quite a few internal discrepancies and my financial situation has rocky from the start for this reason.
TU's college of law is fully geared toward the students success. The facility, faculty, and students all work together to provide the best opportunity for success. The faculty are available and willing to answer questions and help where they can. The University provides amp,e opportunities for our overall success. To top it off, everyone is extremely helpful and nice!
I highly recommend!
I love the diversity in the student body. My high school was entirely white so it was amazing to get to meet people from all over the globe. The teachers are always so involved in helping you succeed academically and outside of the classroom.
You'll get the best of both worlds at the University of Tulsa. You'll get the smaller class sizes but you'll also get to meet a lot of international students.
I love the University of Tulsa! My entire family went there and I hope to soon attend. The campus is beautiful, the people are loving, and the academic is outstanding.
I have finished one year with TU and have loved every minute of it! Courses are incredibly challenging, but professors are always available for questions and concerns. If you need anything, someone is there to help.
Great teachers! Depending on major workload can be tough, beautiful campus. High amount of Greek involvement.
As an incoming Freshman, through several events, I've learned and seen the interaction between faculty, administration and the students. They are extremely close to each of the students, take an interest in you and want know you how you are doing each day. Something you do not see in all universities.
Start Your Review of University of Tulsa
I love the University of Tulsa! I am a very academic student, and TU's academics are perfect for me. The professors are always willing to talk and try to help each individual student. The smaller classes allow that to happen.
Pretty good professors, nice looking campus, friendly students and many clubs and activities. The caf is ok, but student union has variety of places but open only for lunch. The surrounding area TU is in isn't the best, but security patrol regularly and respond quickly if needed. There are many sports games throughout the year to go to, but it doesn't dominate campus
Great experience so far. I enjoy the professors here and the students are decently friendly. The atmosphere is studious buthe there are many clubs and activities available for every kind of student.