University of Toledo Reviews

1,813 reviews
-I have been at the University of Toledo for Eight weeks now and have really enjoyed it. There is so much to get involved in and the academics are great here. There is also a really great athletic program here. The teams are very dedicated and it pays off. Every home football game is filled up and each game is exciting. The football games are even free for students going to the University of Toledo. I would highly recommend going to the University of Toledo.
The school has a beautiful campus. I enjoy all the classes. I have had one or two professors that were excellent. I hope to graduate by 2020.
I have had an amazing experience at the University of Toledo! I love the environment and there are so many wonderful classes to take as well! The teachers are amazing and very relatable. All of the students on campus are very friendly and it’s just an amazing place to attend school! They also have some pretty awesome places to eat on campus as well!
Start Your Review of University of Toledo
Although most of the facilities on campus are older, both the academics and the student involvement on campus are pretty great.
The University, I feel does not give you all the tools you need to succeed, I am looking at not graduating on time because I did not have the right resources to carry out my major degree requirments.
The University of Toledo has provided an educational foundation in my life. Through the University of Toledo, I have been able to realize my dreams.
Wish more credits were transferable. Have to re-take a lot of classes. Didn't find a helpful advisor until my jr year. Glad more classes are available online through distance learning.
I want to say poor because of many experiences I’ve had, but overall that’s just not true. I am very upset that they have increased tuition and I have no idea whether or not I’ll be able to pay for next semester without taking out additional loans. Books are way too expensive and usually unnecessary. They also are very unfriendly to commuter students, they desperately need more parking and all I hear about is Sharon Gaber doing all this amazing stuff when she’s forcing students to live on campus for two years and stole scholarship money that was rightfully earned by our students. The ONLY saving grace of this institution is that I’ve made some amazing friends here and that I’m forever grateful for.
Beautiful campus and wonderful professors. Financial aid department is a nightmare to work with. Great support system in every field! Safe and clean campus. There is very limited parking after 9am.
I love the way everyone is part of a family in some way. I wish they would change the way in which you go about trying to get an on campus job.
Just speaking from the perspective of a parent of a special needs son - this may not apply to your situation. UToledo puts on a great face, talking about the systems they have in place, and how much they care. This is disingenuous at best - success coaches, SDS advisors, academic advisers - they are punching a clock, and will not go out of their standard operating procedure for the individual. When a child who can score a 35 on the ACT fails out because the safety nets we were assured were in place are never actually put out to catch him, this is unacceptable.
The University of Toledo is extremely diverse and has a wide range of academic courses. Aside from academics, The University of Toledo has a great athletic program and there are a lot of activities for students to get involved in.
This is a great college, the professors are great. Everyone help you out and the counselors make sure they help you no matter what.
Attending the University of Toledo has been the single best decision I have made up to this point in my life. The diverse culture has made me feel right at home. Professors here at the University are "all-in" helping you to succeed and find your dream job after graduation. If it weren't for a few encouraging words, I would have never decided to return and get my Masters at this University. "You will do better in Toledo".
Had some amazing professors who made me feel like I was ready to begin life in the working world. I also me some of the best friends I have ever had here. Would recommend this school to anyone!
It is a pretty good school for engineering, however parking is usually horrible and it is not in the nicest area.
UT is not a bad school by any means. The University and the City of Toledo are up and coming. There's a lot of good going on around campus and in the community. However, there are many issues that will take a long time to fix.
My biggest complaint about UT is the lack of student engagement -- it's difficult to find others extremely passionate about their field of study. There certainly are students who are passionate and work hard to get internships, research, etc. but many students take classes and don't participate in any other activities. UT does not have an intellectual atmosphere and often time reminds me high school.
My freshman year I took a Sophmore/Junior level class (there were even a few seniors) and I felt like a Nobel laureate during group discussions. I don't consider myself to be particularly knowledgeable but the other students just didn't grasp elementary-level concepts.
Start Your Review of University of Toledo
The University of Toledo has an excellent mathematics program, in addition to their biology program. Advisors are active in trying to help students understand where their future path will take them career wise. Could use more campus diversity to give students a reality check.
The Unversity provides you with very soundas well as a wide variety of courses to take. UT is like other colleges however and it can be hit or miss with some of you professors.
University of Toledo is a good school for academics is really good though some professors are nuts.The parking at the campus is the worse thing to be around the campus.The parking reinforcement are all over the campus when parking the space is limited.The worst think is the parking workers are the worst.I felt some of them are racist and not willing to help.I treated so bad by one lady at the parking office.Also the designs of the school is amazing which i love most .Also the course are a lot which helps many student. As the tuition is cheap compared with some colleges