University of the Ozarks Reviews

University of the Ozarks is perfect if you're looking for a small school. It has a nice community feel and the professors are friendly. Because the school is so small I believe that you get more hands on experience and the professors are easier to reach.
The whole campus is great. Everyone knows everyone because of how small the campus is. The people are friendly and are fun to be around.
The professors are knowledgeable, hard working, decidaated and passionate about what they do. However, the food, dorms, and party scene is AWFUL!
Start Your Review of University of the Ozarks
My experience have been amazing so far. The professors here are surprisingly nice. The staff are friendly. Overall my time here has been nothing but great.
Ozarks may be a small university, but it’s also a small university. The most incredible thing about Ozarks is community that you find around campus, not just between students and other students, but between students, faculty, staff and every part of campus. When I see my professors around town and campus we always stop and talk, just to catch up; the college president will eat lunch in the cafeteria. I’ve missed class before and then got coffee with my professor to cover that lecture material. That’s something I think can’t be matched almost anywhere else. There’s always room to improve connections between faculty, administration, students, and staff, but that’s something to work for moving forward.
University of the Ozarks provides endless opportunities. I’m a senior here and have had so many amazing adventures at this University. You’re not just a number here. The class size is perfect and allows you to really get to know majority of the student body and all of the professors. We have a voice here. When we have ideas or complaints, they listen to us and address them. The LENS program is amazing and allows students to easily double major and get two minors because they don’t make you take all the basic unnecessary classes that many do. Plus, the new iPad movement is awesome. All incoming students will get an iPad and get to keep it when they graduate. I love it here. We’re all family.
I have loved my two years here at Ozarks. From the moment I stepped foot onto campus I felt a sense of community. I feel as though everyone wants me to grow! There are quirks that drop Ozarks below a perfect score but you won’t be able to find a more perfect place to spend four years of your life. If you are looking for a small liberal arts school that was founded on growth and success, Ozarks is the right place for you!
When I first got here, everything was different from where I came from, the food, people, the language, and culture. The thing I liked the most, is how I was well received when I got here, I felt welcomed. I like the diverse environment that we live in, I like the fact that the university does not focus on education only, but on the six core values: discipline, Sabbath, hospitality, growth, honesty, and service. The university takes care of student in providing places/offices with qualified staff like student affairs, outdoor office, public safety, student success center, library, all these places make life at Ozarks easy and more enjoyable. I would university of the Ozarks to open more scholarships to all students, to organize research programs, to organize more competitions other than athletics with other universities; for example, to expand the poet project that we do here, with other universities.
The University of the Ozarks provides a quiet and peaceful learning atmosphere. I am currently a senior there and have grown from both my time in the classroom, campus organizations, and friendships made. In my time spent I have improved my academic writing skills and have made valuable friendships with my professors, whom will help me to fund my future. I don't have a negative word to speak against the University. It is the best small town atmosphere you could ask for.
To me, the University of the Ozarks will make any student that comes here feel like family. Since the school is small, everybody knows each other. There's never a time on campus that I feel lonely because I have people around me that make feel apart of the school. The faculty is also very supportive of the students and intellectually challenge us to get the most out of our education.
I love U of O; it's a fairly small liberal arts college with a friendly community surrounding it. The campus is very diverse, with tons of students from Central America and Africa, as well as a few from France, Germany, and Japan. The professors are excellent, but there isn't enough of them really. The biggest issue with the school is the fact that it is trying to recruit more and more students without expanding faculty or housing. On top of that, the school has made the GPA and ACT requirements obsolete, so students apply that are wildly underqualified for the level of university education U of O has. It's a great school that I'd recommend to students with GPA of 3.0 and ACT of at least 25.
It’s a nice small campus with beautiful scenery, the faculty is very hands on and always open to help if you have any questions, the overall campus is just a pleasant experience
There have been a lot of negative changes in the past few years, everything is a lot more strict and a lot of the faculty and staff are leaving. Do not go here if you need a job to pay living expenses!! You can only get a couple of hours a week on campus and it is nearly impossible to find a job off campus.
The faculty was very welcoming. I also fell in love with the diversity. They make you feel that they're really interested in you.
I love the University of the Ozarks. It's size sometimes causes petty campus politics but you can't beat the fact that everyone knows you!
If I could leave zero stars I would. I was so excited to go to this school, and especially with the new Lens program that they introduced this year. However, it was only introduced so the current provost could have a good looking resume when he applied to be a president at a different college. With the new Lens program it is super difficult to graduate on time. Actually, if a student is going into education, they can't graduate on time, and the University has admitted this. However, they are doing nothing to fix it.
In addition, I was more academically challenged in high school than I am at this college. I'm transferring to the University of Arkansas after this semester, and that is probably the smartest decision I have ever made. The only positive about this college is that the class sizes are relatively small, and the professors care. On the flip side though, since the college is relatively small, some classes are only offered once every four years.
U of O is one of the most beautiful colleges I have ever seen. When I went to preview the campus the atmosphere was just so friendly. It made me feel like I was at home.
Start Your Review of University of the Ozarks
It's a great small school, the education is amazing here. The only thing bad about Clarksville is that there is nothing to do within 20 minutes.
its great ,i loved it
Our public safety team is literally one of the best there is. They do not take anything lightly and will enforce whatever rules they need. They even put in new security systems that is accessed only by our id's to prevent break ins.