University of the Incarnate Word Reviews

1,508 reviews
I love the welcoming atmosphere, the small class size, being part of the community, and the Catholic foundation of the University. Another thing that I love is seeing the sisters being involved with the students and groups on campus.
I'm currently going into my senior year here at UIW and I have thoroughly enjoyed being here. Most teachers are very considerate and are available to talk to you. If I would like to see anything change it is adding more types of undergraduate and graduate degrees.
I love the university! Yes it is expensive, but it is worth every penny. The professors are understanding, well organzined, and are passionate about their jobs. The open-door policy at the university really helped me through my freshman year, when ever I had a question my professor was there to answer. The class sizes are small so the professor aren't overwhelmed by hundreds of questions from hundreds of students. Also, coming from small high school classes, the transitions from high school classes to college classes isn't a huge shock. The university offers a lot of scholarships, grants, loans, etc. to help students pay tuition. As of 2017 the tuition was about $46,000 but with all my scholarships (not from sports or from outside scholarships) my total tuition went down to $21,000. This is a great university and campus life is amazing as well. Everyday there's an event going on so you'll never get bored. I am proud to be a cardinal and you will be too.
Review University of the Incarnate Word
Incredible university. The environment is very welcoming and peaceful. The employees are very nice and always willing to lend a helping hand. I can't say enough about the professors -- extremely helpful, caring, intelligent, and willing to do anything to make sure the students succeed. The university is a beautiful, picturesque place. There is always something to do on campus so you're never bored.
The most professional and respectful staff you could ask for. The teaching faculty are vested in the students success and really bring subjects to life through their curriculum.
Great school and the environment is great. A lot of on campus activities if you look for them. With a lot of great growing school traditions.
UIW has so many resources for its students! We are never lost or alone. It's a medium-sized campus with lots of safety measures and very nicely kept grounds. Even though it's a Catholic university, we have a widely diverse student body. Class sizes are small and professors know you by name. They also offer many scholarships. I am not even paying half of the predicted cost of living.
I love everything about UIW. Everyone feels like family and all the professors/staff are there to help you. Everyone is friendly and caring, you never feel like you lack support. Classes are small so you never feel lost in a crowd of students. Help is always available and there are many scholarship/funding opportunities to help.
My experience with UIW has been calm and peacful in the middle of a diversity environment. Everyone respects one another, securities and staffs are always there to help a student. What I'd like to see more out of UIW is for the student body to host more events to get the students even more involved in extracurricular activities!
It's a great school.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
It's a big and friendly campus, but the only problem was the parking situation. I haven't had too much experience on campus since I am just transferring, but from what I have seen it has all been very great. It is beautiful inside and out and I would recommend it to anyone.
The adult completion program helps working adults complete their degree providing 8 week courses.
Great experience so far.
Adcap Learner - not impressed. The course content is valuable, the professors are very knowledgeable and seem to truly want their students to succeed, beautiful campus. However, the ineffective, arduous and nearly impossible admissions/registration process completely overshadows these positive qualities. I provided feedback on a number of occasions in regards to improving these processes and was talked to like a child. If your heart is set on this institution, make sure you are well versed in Financial Aid, curriculum management and admissions requirements because the admissions counselors certainly are not.
The small and diverse university is located in the heart of San Antonio. With small intimate class settings, dedicated professors, and tons of student organizations, there is a place for everyone here!
I am a senior in High school and i will be attending University of the incarnate word this fall. I have visited this school and the campus is so beautiful that the first time i saw the campus i just fell in love with it. I don't want to see anything change, well at least not yet before i get there.
I love UIW! The teachers really care and the curriculum is awesome! I really learned so much from my experience here.
This University is very costly. I'm currently enrolled in the nursing program and it seems as though we are teaching ourselves. You would think that we are seen as a big "$" rather than a working college student.
Review University of the Incarnate Word
As a college freshman, I really didn't know what to expect of the college life. But now that I am almost two semesters in, I am really enjoying my studies at The University of the Incarnate Word. The area is nice and the campus is clean, friendly, and safe. The professors here truly care about our education, and the small class sizes help give us a better relationship with them. I am definitely looking forward to the rest of my college career here at UIW.
I did a college visit on the UIW campus back in October 2016. Their campus is as beautiful as I'd imagine; I loved the classes, programs, and opportunities they offer. I don't have any things I would change. This university is my dream and I can't wait to attend there.
Taking after hour classes. Love the school and the classes. Don't like the availability of some classes. Also, offer online classes at a higher price.