University of the Incarnate Word Reviews

1,534 reviews
It's great it's like a big high school. You meet and see familiar faces everyday on campus. It's great!
I enjoy attending the University of the Incarnate Word because it makes you feel noticed. Class sizes are small so you always have the opportunity to voice your questions and concerns. Professors get the chance to know you and are never too busy for their students.
I love the integrity behind the school. Ever since we got a new University President, the community seems more connected with our principle core values. My personal experience with professors is the reason why I stayed at UIW after changing my major. It is an incredible feeling to be surrounded by an environment focused on higher thinking and spreading knowledge.
Start Your Review of University of the Incarnate Word
A very good diverse community, academic professors are excellent, and superb activities involvement.
After waiting twenty years to go to college, I couldn't be more excited to be part of the Cardinal family. From the application process to finals and everything in between, the process has been smooth, the professors have been encouraging and the support is so much more than I could've asked for.
I loved the staff, they were professional, easy to reach, and very understanding. I also loved the formatting of the classes and how the curriculum flowed throughout the semesters.
UIW is a home away from home. You will always find a place you belong to here. The environment and community overall is extremely welcoming.
The University of the Incarnate Word, has a strong student teacher ratio. It is has the opportunity to talk with your professors, and you both get to know them on a personal level. The University of the Incarnate Word also has the great opportunity to meet with alumni, and they can help you in many ways.
I am glad that I chose to come to UIW! They have a lot of fun events going on and they are always there when you need help such as planning you class schedule, looking for scholarships, and help get your grades up. I think one thing that they should change is to organize the events better.
This private university is very neat! It's expensive;but, all the activities are cool and nice to interact with. Everyone invites all to connect together in many cultural and social groups. The professors are nice and since the classrooms are small, they actually know your name and love to communicate with the class.
The campus is very diverse and accepting. You are exposed to many cultures that are willing to provide you with understanding where they come from. The academics and the professors are phenomenal. UIW is a great place to graduate from and looks good on resumes.
I took a tour of Incarnate Word and all of the residents were very friendly. The location of the campus was beautiful and the counselors were very helpful.
The University of the Incarnate Word is a friendly and safe campus. Student life is great here. It is not known as a party school. The staff and professors are dedicated to the success of the students.
I am currently a freshman at University of the Incarnate Word. I am a Nursing major and words cannot describe how happy and excited I am for the journey I am entering. Many people do not have the opportunity to go to college, or strive for a bachelor's degree, and to me education is so important, no matter the cost. I am currently trying to apply for as many scholarships as possible because I know it's hard for my parents to scrape up the money to help me out. Incarnate Word is such a pretty school with such a loving community.
I am a student-athlete here at UIW. If I wasn't here for athletics, I wouldn't have come here at all. It's a wonderful school, beautiful campus, lovely people. But the price tag is ridiculous. Food here is ehh, classes are lots of fun, and I've learned a whole lot. UIW is not your typical college experience, but it may be the right place for you.
I've personally have had a wonderful experience here at UIW. I love the campus and I love the surrounding area. Like every college student, there are things we love about the campus and some things we do not like. I like the atmosphere and the student vibe on campus. One thing I would try to like to see change is the food in the cafeteria. They have added two wonderful additions to food on campus however, the food in the main cafeteria is not up to par sometimes. Some of the dorms on campus in all honesty need to be renovated as well.
University of the Incarnate Word is a faith-based university with a diverse student body, excellent professors, and sister schools around the world. The University of the Incarnate Word student-teacher ratio is small, which enables the students and teachers to be more involved, the students to learn better, a community that cares for each other and for the surrounding areas.
Start Your Review of University of the Incarnate Word
The thing I love most about my university is that it is a decent size to where I can socialize but it is small enough to where classes are small. I love getting the little bit of extra attention that you probably could not get at a large university. UIW also has a major called Rehabilitative Science that is very specific for what I want to study.
I like the small classroom they make good learning experiences. The professors are willing to help and answer any questions. It's a friendly safe campus.
Its a beautiful campus! A perfect size for incoming freshman. The dorms are very pretty and they feel just like home once you've settled in. Students are very nive especially to new freshman.