University of the Incarnate Word Reviews

1,499 reviews
It's a great school.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
It's a big and friendly campus, but the only problem was the parking situation. I haven't had too much experience on campus since I am just transferring, but from what I have seen it has all been very great. It is beautiful inside and out and I would recommend it to anyone.
The adult completion program helps working adults complete their degree providing 8 week courses.
Great experience so far.
Review University of the Incarnate Word
Adcap Learner - not impressed. The course content is valuable, the professors are very knowledgeable and seem to truly want their students to succeed, beautiful campus. However, the ineffective, arduous and nearly impossible admissions/registration process completely overshadows these positive qualities. I provided feedback on a number of occasions in regards to improving these processes and was talked to like a child. If your heart is set on this institution, make sure you are well versed in Financial Aid, curriculum management and admissions requirements because the admissions counselors certainly are not.
The small and diverse university is located in the heart of San Antonio. With small intimate class settings, dedicated professors, and tons of student organizations, there is a place for everyone here!
I am a senior in High school and i will be attending University of the incarnate word this fall. I have visited this school and the campus is so beautiful that the first time i saw the campus i just fell in love with it. I don't want to see anything change, well at least not yet before i get there.
I love UIW! The teachers really care and the curriculum is awesome! I really learned so much from my experience here.
This University is very costly. I'm currently enrolled in the nursing program and it seems as though we are teaching ourselves. You would think that we are seen as a big "$" rather than a working college student.
As a college freshman, I really didn't know what to expect of the college life. But now that I am almost two semesters in, I am really enjoying my studies at The University of the Incarnate Word. The area is nice and the campus is clean, friendly, and safe. The professors here truly care about our education, and the small class sizes help give us a better relationship with them. I am definitely looking forward to the rest of my college career here at UIW.
I did a college visit on the UIW campus back in October 2016. Their campus is as beautiful as I'd imagine; I loved the classes, programs, and opportunities they offer. I don't have any things I would change. This university is my dream and I can't wait to attend there.
Taking after hour classes. Love the school and the classes. Don't like the availability of some classes. Also, offer online classes at a higher price.
The University of the Incarnate Word is a wonderful university to attend. Their focus on each individual student is profound, and what makes UIW who they are. From the smaller classes, to the "everybody knows everybody" type of vibe, UIW provides a feeling of individuality to each and every student that attends.
The University of The Incarnate Word has been a great investment for myself. It has opened my eyes to so many opportunities that I had no idea existed. I hope to make the institution even better once I'm an alumni.
Overall, our university is a nice place to study and get your education. I truly believe in the values of the Sister's of Charity--Education, Service, Truth, Innovation, and Faith. Our University is growing and changing rapidly but it still preserving has a small campus feel environment. The people in the community are helpful, caring and engaged in the development of the student outside of the classroom. I love that the university is really close proximity to the airport, downtown and easily accessible to fun venues. I love the university and hope you do well if you choose to attend a Catholic Institution. You will not regret your experience at UIW! Home of the Cardinals!
While attending UIW for my Bachlors degree I had a very memorable expierence. The class size was small and it was easy to create study groups and friends. The teachers were open if help was needed outside the classroom. I would highly recommended this school to others.
I currently attend UIW, I have loved every minute of it. The atmosphere, instructors, and entire staff are simply amazing. I immediately felt at home and made friends.
I love the small class sizes and personalized experiences. The professors there are really there to help and want you to succeed. Outside of one or two experiences, I have had a great time with my classes. My only con for this is that it is a religious school, so expect that viewpoint to come up from time to time. However, it is 100% bearable, speaking as someone who is no where near religious. It is a small school, so be aware that social opportunities are based on sports events, Greek life, school sponsored events, etc. Making friends can be a little challenging, but that is to be expected from college in general.
Review University of the Incarnate Word
UIW is overall a good school. I started out as a transfer student out here halfway my sophomore year and I loved being a student there. I loved the beautiful campus, the amazing professors here and the city of San Antonio overall. I really enjoyed running in the headwaters trails on campus and I loved making friends here on campus. There are some things that the University could work on and that is improving food service at cafeteria, improving police services and also making aid a little bit more easier on the financial side. But I am satisfied about earning my education there at UIW and I will never forget the memories that I made in that University that I love to call home! Go Cardinals!!!
This Fall 2016 was my first semester at the university of the incarnate word. For the most part I enjoyed the peacefulness of the campus because it is very small and intimate. Although, as I realized how much it is per year ($30,000) is expected there to be plenty of attractions or exciting things at this college. Sad to say that there are not many things to do in my spare time on campus, which makes me wonder where all of the students' money goes to. For how much we pay I'd think that the university would have many nice things on campus. Truthfully I have not satisfied with the campus and it has not been worth my money. I would really love for the campus to be remodeled or renewed to become more entertaining for students.
Incarnate word is absolutely homey to me. I come from a very small town so the student to teacher ratio was perfect for me and I didn't feel homesick to often since it gave me that feel. The professors are great and work with you! The caf is personally not the greatest. But they have fresh fruit on the daily and breakfast is great!