- Party SceneC-
- Campus FoodB+
- Student LifeB-
Located in the heart of Appalachia, University of the Cumberlands is an institution of regional distinction that offers undergraduate degrees in more than 40 major fields of study, along with several pre-professional, graduate and doctoral programs. With a total enrollment of more than 15,000 students (2,000 on-campus), Cumberlands is the largest and most affordable private university in Kentucky and is devoted to preparing students for the future through hands-on, experiential learning and research.
In 2018, we launched The Cumberlands Commitment, which slashed tuition by 57% to make education affordable for any student who pursues their undergraduate degree on our Williamsburg campus. This year, we expanded our Commitment to include complimentary textbooks. You won’t find this value anywhere else in the state of Kentucky.
University of the Cumberlands Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.19 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.23 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.23 responses
Human Services55 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies46 Graduates
Elementary Education34 Graduates
Physical Education Teaching and Coaching24 Graduates
Community Health Services and Counseling20 Graduates
Religious Education18 Graduates
Join other biological science degree majors to learn from the best in state-of-the-art laboratories and classrooms, each equipped with the latest technology. Study areas and a computer lab also provide an outstanding learning environment. You can also can gain valuable hands-on experience by assisting in labs and with faculty research earning additional scholarships along the way.
- of students say they don't have Greek life.24 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.37 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.13 responses