1. Philadelphia, PA
  2. 4 Year

University of the Arts Reviews

I am a Dance major at the University of the Arts. So far, I am completely in love with the school and the dance program. I love how all of my teachers are still working professionals and a lot of the upperclass work professionally too. Where the university is located in Philly is just a great way to put yourself out there and start networking and getting to know the business.
So far i have loved this school and have had fun. I was tired a lot and my body was in pain from all the dancing, but i loved it. I can't wait for next semester and to learn more about dance. My other classes were fine and not too hard. It was easy to balance my schedule and still have free time.
the university of the arts offers a unique experience for young artists looking for ways to dive into the philly art scene and meet other artists doing the same. the academics are pretty average with a few really cool professors here and there. the school does seem to cater to those who choose traditional arts (i.e dancing,acting, illustration) over others, but if you find yourself shorthanded the staff is pretty welcoming to new ideas.
if you're not sure what to do, the school won't be able to help you. Thats why self motivation is key.
  • College Senior
  • 6 months ago
  • Value
Classes are fun and interesting
The quality ranges according o the building you're in.
the key to being successful in college is to keep yourself motivated no matter what. My school is great for maintaining the motivation of every student.
The school is pretty diverse
Drugs are pretty accessible because we're located in a city. However, there isn't too much peer pressure given the mostly chill environment.
Overall, courses are pretty easy. Some common core courses could have more structure and a better written curriculum.
As a result of the great location and staff, students can find a wide range of job opportunities after graduating.
  • College Sophomore
  • 7 months ago
  • Value
The campus is in Center-City so it is relatively safe.
I't can be expensive, but the location and space provided is wonderful
  • College Sophomore
  • 7 months ago
  • Housing
We don't have greek life.
We are a Conservatory so we do not have sports.
I Enjoy my school very much! As an artist, I love the creative atmosphere, location, and diversity at UArts. Overall, I've found it to be a perfect fit for me.
It's hard for the administration to be in charge of safety throughout the campus, seeing as though our campus is center city Philadelphia. They try their hardest to have plans, advice and guards to protect students while walking around the city, but it is not a regular college campus. I have to cross S. Broad Street multiple times a day to get to different campus buildings.
The value of the degree is important, but networking is very important. For these careers networking is mostly everything. This school brings many great faculty as well as guest artists and speakers to increase networking for the students.
  • College Freshman
  • 9 months ago
  • Value
Huge variety of courses in the Arts!! The teachers are all hardworking and care about the students at the school. I feel like i have learned so so so much in just a year. The upperclassmen are inspirational and talented. I look up to the staff and the upperclassmen and the talented people in my class as well. My experience here has been beyond amazing. This is the school I was meant to be at and I wouldn't change my decision for anything.
Me and my roommate had a great experience in our room. It has plenty of space, kitchen bathroom and enormous storage space (closet drawers desks, ect.).
  • College Freshman