University of Texas - Tyler Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Compare up to 10 private loan options from our network of lenders
- Find the best loan for your budget today
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.57 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.64 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.63 responses
Most Popular Majors
Liberal Arts and Humanities134 Graduates
Kinesiology and Exercise Science102 Graduates
Business Administration and Management79 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies48 Graduates
Human Resources47 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 46 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.76 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.89 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.45 responses
University of Texas - Tyler Reviews
I transferred to the University of Texas at Tyler after I finished my basics and have loved every second of it here! The atmosphere of the school is very peaceful. As a current Nursing student in the Bachelors program, I could not ask for better professors to be teaching. They really want us to succeed and do everything they can to help get us where we want to be. I know that when I graduate I will be the utmost prepared for my future career as an RN. UT Tyler encourages students to push themselves, but also their staff is willing to aide the students in anyway they need to be successful.
I am currently getting my MS in Industrial Management and my experience at UT Tyler has been very good so far. Though it is a relatively small school, it has state-of-art technology and a low student-teacher ratio, which allows you to build a good understanding with faculty members; not to mention it is part of the giant UT system. The Graduate School at UT Tyler tries its level best to provide New Graduate Fellowships to most of the applicants/returning students, which makes the tuition fees very less (around $4k per semester) and arranges job fairs to enable students get jobs as soon as they graduate. If you are looking to get your Masters degree in management, UT Tyler is your best bet!
This is my first year here, and so far I really love it. I haven't made many friends, but that's my own fault. The dorms aren't that bad, and neither is the food. I love the campus, and all of the staff have been nothing but friendly and helpful so far. One of my favorite people that work here is Mr. Larry in the MET. He's so sweet and happy all of the time. He always puts a smile on my face. I would recommend UTT to everyone. It's a great college to go to!