UT - Medical Branch is a public university located in Galveston, Texas in the Houston Area. It is a small institution with an enrollment of 625 undergraduate students. Popular majors include Nursing, Medical Laboratory Technician, and Respiratory Care Therapy. UT - Medical Branch alumni go on to earn a starting salary of $68,800.
University of Texas - Medical Branch at Galveston Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Students also applied to ...
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Average Total Aid Awarded
Students Receiving Financial Aid
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.7 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.10 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.10 responses
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.8 responses
- of students say no one pays attention to varsity sports.8 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
Colleges like University of Texas - Medical Branch at Galveston
- NGUniversity of Texas - Health Science Center at Houston
- 4 Year
- Houston, TX
- 128 reviews
- NGUniversity of Texas - Health Science Center at San Antonio
- 4 Year
- San Antonio, TX
- 149 reviews
- NGUniversity of Texas - Southwestern Medical Center
- 4 Year
- Dallas, TX
- 25 reviews
- NGTexas Tech University Health Sciences Center
- 4 Year
- Lubbock, TX
- 204 reviews
University of Texas - Medical Branch at Galveston Reviews
At UTMB, the professors really care about you and want you to pass their classes. They have a lot of free resources to help you get ahead in your academics. The people on the island are also very nice and welcoming. The university is based right close to the strand so there are a lot of different kinds of restaurants to go eat at during lunch. The best part is how close it is to the beach.
So far, I am loving it! I am accepted for the Bachelors of Science in Nursing, and it is a beautiful campus! Everyone there is extremely nice and willing to help each student achieve their personal goals.
I just graduated with my Bachelor's a couple months ago and will be starting on my Master's Degree in one week. However, we have started orientation activities and so far, I love it! The people are very friendly and welcoming. They are also passionate about helping students to succeed and I am looking forward to my time here.