University of Texas - El Paso Reviews

2,347 reviews
It's a simple university. Accommodating for people of any race or culture. Nice diversity. On the downside it isn't spectacular or anything luxurious.
I am a current student through UTEP Connect. This is an awesome way to go to school full time and earn your degree online. The semesters are all "mini-mesters", so it's not too terribly difficult to go full time and work full time. The classes are all 7 weeks long. Most of my professors have been fantastic to work with. Highly recommend this method of getting your degree!
I went to UTEP after transferring from El Paso Community College. It was the WORST time of my college life! The teachers have no care in the world and it is obvious they are just there to receive a paycheck. In order to get anything done on campus you must call and setup an appointment yet no one answers the phones! Tuition is expensive and I felt like I was teaching myself all three semesters. They change graduation expectations and class sequences without any care to students already in programs or the negative affect it will have on students. I transferred to NMSU and it was the BEST decision I ever made.
Review University of Texas - El Paso
This is a great University all around, however, I wish there were more professors more enthusiastic in giving lectures. Most, maybe it's just me, seem to come in and give sub-par lectures. Also, many of the professors here tend to have a heavy accent to the point where it's almost incomprehensible. The campus is beautiful, and there are many resources available to students. The campus does lack in food offerings, though.
I grew up always wanting to attend UTEP. Utep came to me with open arms and opportunity. Any times Ive had questions about classes or teachers i always receive answer. Professors are always well ambitious and helpful.
I like that UTEP has a lot of activities that you can do during the semester, but one thing that I don't like of UTEP is that there hasn't a lot of sports that you can practice.
I really enjoy meeting people at the University of Texas-El paso. There are really nice people and the experience overall has been great.
UTEP has a beautiful campus which continues to grow and one of the most breathtaking football stadiums I have ever seen. It's academic level is competitive with many high-ranking schools. It has a somewhat diverse population and many organizations to choose from. However, one thing that needs to improve is the football team.
There have definitely been some problems with UTEP, but I cant say the whole experience has been horrible. Its had its ups and downs, but after all of the good and bad I am proud to be a UTEP miner.
This is a very under rated university it offers many great programs that can help any one achieve in life. In the future if i attend this university it will be great opportunities to help me explore new worlds and help me find myself.
The 1st time i visited the school was for an event called orange and blue day which is basically a tour of the school. I found this school to be very interesting and big . And i'm looking forward to going there.
One of the greatest experiences anyone can even have. During this time, you will find out who you really are.
This university is a great school. everything from the academics to the landscape is wonderful. i love the resources that are available for a student and the help that the teachers offer.
This university is progressing very rapidly. The campus is expanding a lot. There are not a lot of places to eat, but it does seem to be improving. Research has become important at this university helping to improve the borderland community.
It is a very good college to attend in my personal opinion I would like to stay here all the time but sometimes thing are not possible.
I like UTEP because their instalations have a good size and are designed very cool.
I was skeptical when transferring from University of North Texas to University of Texas at El Paso. The Military Student Success Center at UTEP is always very helpful when I have question regarding my Hazelwood paperwork and really helped me with all my paperwork when I transferred over. The financial aid is the only issue I have at UTEP. If I didn't have Hazelwood helping to pay for my tuition all my classes would of been dropped due to not receiving my financial aid for the year even though we are already a month into the semester.
I like that THE University of Texas at El Paso actually feels like a college. Im a transfer student from Missouri Valley College and the campus looked smaller than a high school campus. Although at UTEP I feel like I get the full college experience here.
Review University of Texas - El Paso
The University of Texas at El Paso is mostly known as a commuter university. Living off campus is the norm, but rest assure that the city of El Paso is a wonderful place to be. Great departments to study in would be science, nursing, engineering, and education. The school could improve in its fine arts, liberal arts, and math departments. Rest assure that very department has professors and advisers who are more than willing to give their time to you, but you must put in your best effort. UTEP's athletics is not the best of the best, but it's the fans that give a great overall experience. UTEP gives opportunity to make your dreams flourish, so why not take the chance?
UTEP is a pretty good university. The outdoor scenery is absolutely gorgeous, the weather is pretty mild(but more on the hot side) and the people are overall pretty kind. Tuition is on the cheaper side here, which leaves room for you to have more money for books and to yourself. Then the professors tend to be pretty chill here as well, they help you as much as they can. Then there's always a lot going on, there's always seem to be some kind of fair going on every other week. But overall, UTEP is a really good college where things are pretty laid back and you can get classes down with some ease.
My overall experience at UTEP is going really well, the University is a very comfortable campus. They provide many resources and help when needed. The professors Iv'e had for the most part aid when ever it is needed and provide substantial material for your classes. The location is great , many restaurants and stores are walking distance from the campus as well as dorms.