University of Texas - Austin Reviews

5,368 reviews
Professor's aren't always the best, but there's a lot of opportunity to be involved on campus and get yourself out there. Wouldn't have chosen another school to go to for college. Proud Longhorn. Hook 'em.
UT Austin is located in one of the best cities in the nation, with plenty of activities , great food, and things to do as a student. The school itself is huge and provides many opportunities for research, networking, projects- almost anything a college student could be interested, if you look for these opportunities!
There are a lot of research and networking opportunities. The professors are very knowledgeable and know a lot about the field they teach. I wish there was more diversity and less expensive housing options.
Review University of Texas - Austin
UT is a great education in learning to follow your own path through a mess of bureaucracy. It teaches to know when you've found other like yourself. But, there is little attention given to the individual, and if you aren't careful, you can get chewed up.
I love UT. There were a lot of research opportunities for undergraduates and my professors were the best.
This school is amazing. It changed my life, and I miss it every day. The experiences here changed who I am and showed me who I could be and how to get there.
I love being part of a liberal campus. There's some diversity on campus. The resources available to your are overwhelming. Getting to school is easy if you don't live on campus except on Saturdays because the school shuttles don't run.
The University of Texas at Austin is the best university in the world in my eyes. It pushes me to be the absolute best version of myself and gives me the resources to reach every goal I ever set for myself. The work is hard, and the hours are long. Sometimes balancing can get very hard, especially when the people are so wonderful and there are so many social opportunities as well. But the work is always worth it and I would not rather go anywhere else for college.
It's a very unique scene and I like how we address all the worries of the students and how we constantly come together to fight racism.
I love UT, it is a great school. It has a great college experience and offers many majors. The best part of UT is the area around campus.
The campus is very nice but can be confusing the first couple of times due to its size. Good food, nice spot in the city, friendly people.
I love being a student at the University of Texas. It is one of the most renowned public education institutions in the world, and has plenty of activities to be involved in outside of academia. There are countless clubs and organizations on campus, and the surrounding city of Austin is one the best places in the country. However, be warned: it may not be for everyone. With around 50,000+ students, the size can be intimidating to some. I personally enjoy the incredible amount of people I can meet and study with, and the size gives me a nice perspective. There is always something going on on campus; whether it's a basketball game, club fair, jam session, food stand, party - you name it - there is always something close to keep you occupied. Being a musician, living in Ausin and attending UT is the best college experience I could've asked for. Come to UT. Hook 'em Horns!
While I am not yet enrolled in the University of Texas at Austin, I can gladly say that I will be attending the university this fall. I have had a campus tour and fell in love with the scenery. The academics are outstanding, and the school history/pride is impressive. The buildings are nicely renovated, with the student center being my favorite. Even outside of the campus, Austin seems like an entertaining place to live! There are plenty of shops and restaurants near the campus that students could hang out in. I can easily say that I am very excited to live the next four years of my life in Austin.
I love the challenge of the academics at UT Austin. The professors are very diverse and they enjoy what they teach. The campus is beautiful. I enjoy all there is to do in Austin. Graduating from UT Austin will be something I will be proud of for the rest of my life. My mom has worked hard her entire life to see me achieve my best and I do not take this opportunity for granted.
I would say that it is a very good expirience and compleatly worth it. My main problem is the student to teacher ratio.
As a freshman when I first came to UT earlier this year it felt kind of overwhelming: New city, big school, lots of people so may different things to do and get involved in. But coming here was defiantly the best decision I've made. The education is top-notch, everyone and every professor I've had has been great, the school offers so many opportunities, there's always something to do, plus Austin has so many great food options.
UT is a great school and has been the best experience of my life so far. Being a freshman, I have not gone too crazy, but enjoy everything and I have met new people.
Review University of Texas - Austin
I like the location and the environment of the campus. The people are friendly, there's plenty to do around campus, and there's tons of resources available to help you with classes.
UT Austin is a great, acclaimed school that has earned it's academic and student reputation. It's the place to go if you want to be challenged and get involved with long- lasting, worth while orgs and networks. However, diversity and safety is not great on campus, though they are trying to start orgs and other programs to mediate that.
This University is academically rigorous, and I genuinely think your experience here really depends on your professors. As a freshman, I have noticed that this University really prides itself on pushing for "change" and innovation, and while that is admirable, there are branches where it lags behind. There are various campaigns and programs that work toward making this campus "safer" and "inclusive" but these do not suffice the tremendous need for respectful representation and protection of people of color and queer communities on campus.