University of Tennessee Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.202 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.213 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.213 responses
Most Popular Majors
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 123 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is pretty big.242 responses
- of students say almost everything on campus revolved around sports.312 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 131 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.126 responses
Colleges like University of Tennessee
- BTennessee Technological University
- 4 Year
- Cookeville, TN
- 978 reviews
- BMiddle Tennessee State University
- 4 Year
- Murfreesboro, TN
- 3,009 reviews
- B-University of Tennessee - Chattanooga
- 4 Year
- Chattanooga, TN
- 1,344 reviews
- BAquinas College - Nashville
- 4 Year
- Nashville, TN
- 74 reviews
University of Tennessee Reviews
The University of Tennessee is a great school. This school heavily emphasizes research, so if you happen to get professors who are there for research and teach because they have to then you may have a lacking experience. However, I have had wonderful professors who really care about your education. This school offered many experiences and organizations to be involved in, and I am sure I would have enjoyed college much more if I lived on campus and got involved. Overall the campus was amazing and my education was as well. You get out of it what you put into it!
Love the University of Tennessee! The university is currently undergoing a lot of construction/renovations and the results are great. New student union, dorms, and parking being built now. If you like sports you can attend any sporting event for free except for football games which are just $10. Most of my professors I had the first semester were very good/helpful. I've learned to check "rate my professor" for future classes. There is also a wide variety of dining choices on campus, almost 40 to choose from. Multiple choices on dining plans as well.
I transferred here to University of Tennessee six months ago, and I've really enjoyed it! The student atmosphere here is really relaxed, and I've had some really great professors. There are always a ton of great student organizations to join- it's hard to NOT get involved. The Howard Baker Center for Public Policy always offers a ton of opportunities- I go to a ton of the academic seminars after class. I've also been able to transfer all my credit from my previous college and high school classes- UT does make it possible to graduate a semester early.