University of South Florida - St. Petersburg Reviews

I have wasted so much money and time due to lack of guidance here. I had to medically withdraw from one semester because of a traumatic experience. I then enrolled in the next semester and developed some serious health issues. When I attempted to medically withdraw again, I was told I was abusing the system. It took me 3 appeals to get them to accept my request.

I gave them another shot. Now, this semester, I enrolled in 2 online courses through USF Tampa. Today I have been dropped from both courses without any explanation or reasoning. So I bought the textbook and online homework program for absolutely no reason. I will now be transferring schools. Too many bad experiences with the faculty and staff here. Most of them are absolutely horrible. Unbelievable!
Excellent academics in a beautiful campus by the water. The school is located right by the downtown area of St. Petersburg, FL, which offers great leisure options. Facilities are modern and filled with tools and resources to help the student excel.
USFSP is a beautiful, waterfront campus. For those who like smaller, more laid-back environments, USFSP is a perfect fit. There aren't a lot of parties on campus, but it's situated in a bustling downtown area with tons of events going on all the time. There's also free use of kayaks and other water sports equipment offered to students. But yes, to anyone who's wondering, the food really is that bad.
Start Your Review of University of South Florida - St. Petersburg
I enjoy the small classes because it helps you get to know the teacher and fellow students. The tutoring from each of my professors that i have received is amazing. I continue to talk to my past professors and they help me in some of my future classes.
I love it! They are so polite and so down to earth. I always go there early and mingle, grab a bite to eat, and take the time in the library to study.
I love this school. Everyone from my high school went far away their first year of college and all have come back to St. Pete and to this school so it must say something about USFSP. Location is perfect and everyone is so nice.
I just transferred here. The advisors have been very helpful. The professors are great, and my class sizes are small. The campus itself is beautiful. Its right off the water and they have several picnic benches that are solar powered so that you can do your homework out by the water.
Life at USFSP has been very relaxed. It is a small school where everyone becomes familiar at some point. It is based in the center of a city where there are always things to do.
This school is absolutely amazing! I got a tour from them when I was a prospective student and they treated me with so much respect. They were able to explain everything to me and give me the one on one experience I was looking for.
I have been a student at the University of South Florida St. Petersburg campus for four semesters. The campus is gorgeous and the location is hard to beat. As an art major, I have many classes in Harbor Hall and pass by the water every day and it always makes me happy. The graphic design professors are knowledgable and incredibly skilled in their work. Because the campus is small, the party scene is equally small, but this allows for a calmer environment and a more work-focused group. Although the food on campus is not the best, the St. Pete area has a wide variety of food options and the kitchens in the dorms are good for student life.
Usfsp is a fantastic school. The campus is beautiful and right on the water . They are very much involved and have every resource you could imagine to help students succeed.
The experience and the amount of divers people i have met here is amazing. The class sizes are really good allowing for us to have and make connections with the professors. The on-campus living is really good too. It allows you to make friendships not only on your floor but with people on different floors.
small, beautiful campus with awesome professors. the class sizes aren't too big and they offer such a diverse range of activities and classes.
I love the campus and the courses. One thing that I would like to see change is the attitude of some of the staff.
Being at the university of south Florida Saint Petersburg location is a very wonderful experience, although; I have no attended for a long time I have had an amazing time at this university. The area is so convient because it is rite in the city of Saint Petersburg and is on the bay! The professors are very helpful and always want to ensure every student understands the material. The class sizes are 20-25 people which is small enough for the professors to know your name! I love all the clubs here at USF, there are over 100 clubs. I love all the water activities that are offered for free of students and the apartment style homes are perfect for college students
Great campus, student body, and faculty. More scholarship opportunities, especially for biology majors, are needed.
USFSP has a beautiful campus. Sadly, the professors are underqualified. It makes sense, the school has virtually no publicity or internal funding. The faculty are mean, and the campus police GET IN YOUR FACE. Really, a terrible experience so far. None of my friends stayed here, except my amazing girlfriend, who's previous Chemistry professor was so bad and underqualified, that she is now being sued by the school. She is also suing the school. Funny, how did she get hired? Nobody has been offered any money towards retaking the class. Very sad, very money hungry. I hope USFSP either changes. The truth is if you go here, you will get an easy degree and do nothing for it but pay $50,000.
Start Your Review of University of South Florida - St. Petersburg
I love the amazing Marine Biology program at University of South Florida in St. Petersburg. It offers hands on experiences, and it also offers opportunities to work with Florida Wildlife Research Institution. The campus has an amazing student center and allows for students to have a real community. The surroundings of University of South Florida in St. Petersburg is beautiful, and is close to a beach. Overall, this campus is wonderful and I would definitely recommend this university.
I like the University of South Florida because the energy there is so positive and enjoyable. The faculty cares about the students and all the extra curricular activities are fun. Cool courses , fun teachers , and chill campus.
While the campus is beautiful and there are many great professors, I was disappointed by the university's lack of academic rigor at times. The standards are quite low sometimes, which can affect motivation. Many students are not serious about their studies here, and the school's atmosphere overall feels too relaxed. The academic advisers are not that great either. However, there are many supportive staff and services, and opportunities to be found. Since it is a smaller campus, it is easier to talk to faculty as well.