University of South Dakota Reviews

ayyyyy south dakota is lit afff !!!!! honestly ladies if u go here plz hmu my name simon johnson :)))) food is pretty good tbh but i prefer to eat out if u catch my drift lmaooooo :P sooo yaahhhh p.s any1 else remember that time antonio sucked my toes :O
It is a small student to teacher ratio which I liked! Small town which is hard to adjust to if you go from a bigger town to verm.
The University of South Dakota seems to remind me very much of high school. The school is very interested in sports and pushed funding for the athletes and sport facilities. That is all fine and well having money put toward updating the university, it would be much more appealing to other students if money was put toward academic facilities. The Fine Arts building, for example, is quite old and in need of many updates. Many of the buildings on campus have an older look, similar, if not the same as how it all looked when it was founded, its beautiful, but there is a difference between vintage and run-down. Air conditioning and heating in older buildings, in the midwest is a bit of a necessity.
Review University of South Dakota
I currently attend USD. I say is fun going to class. Meeting people. Just enjoying the college experience. To get best out the university like any school you have to get involved in activities and clubs. I join fraternity freshman yr. That made for great experience and I did intramurals floor hockey. I say college is how you decide to live it if you live as hermit and don't try new things. It might not be fun but if your up for the challenge of exploring outside your comfort zone. Usd is great school that you will enjoy.
It's fairly laid back in my experience and everything is within walking distance. USD has a friendly student body and some really great professors. It also has a great party scene and definitely ranks among the top 3 SD state schools.
The University of South Dakota offers a high quality education for a reasonable cost to students. The campus is growing and the programs offered continue to impress me and my fellow students. While the surrounding community is a quintessential small town, this mid-sized college offers exciting possibilities for people ready to experience what the Midwest has to offer.
Great school with great teachers who want you to do well. Flexible format makes it easy for the working student,
While your student life can be a hit or miss, depending on who you surround yourself with, you get a lot of your money's worth here compared to most places.
The University of South Dakota is a small but comfortable campus. My favorite part about USD is their small and personable classes. This offers more one-on-one time with professors, which is very beneficial and makes you feel more involved in the classes. I believe if they had more healthy dinner options on campus, it would make USD 100% awesome.
The University is small enough to walk everywhere, but have very harsh winters with no tunnels. The cafeteria food would fall at 3 stars. Some of the buildings have been renovated and have good architecture/technology, however some have not. The also favor the athletes and don't favor the art majors.
The University of South Dakota is sometimes called South Dakota's "hidden gem" for education. When you aren't stuck with the frustrating experience of a TA teaching your gen-ed course, or one who speaks limited English, the professors there are pretty much amazing. The campus is small enough that you can walk pretty much everywhere, but the student body is large enough to keep it from being "too small" or boring. The night-life is insane for the Midwest. D-days is a force to be reckoned with. USD made the nation's Top 15 party schools. Greek life exists. There are opportunities to be involved in the community. Several churches for small town. School housing sucks. Food is not great, but recently expanded a-la-carte options. Reasonable tuition. VERY BUREAUCRATIC SYSTEM- if you need help with financial aid or an appeal or something "extra" - good luck.
There are great resources for struggling students as well as a multitude of activities for those who get bored with just coursework. Overall, this is a great university set in a small town.
It is a great college. All the professors are outstanding. They are all very helpful. The dorms are pretty fun and. It is very easy to get involed on campus. There is a club for pretty much anything you can imagine.
Overall, great experience throughout. The campus is beautiful not too big and not too small. I believe it is a perfect size. I am originally from California, but I am glad that I got to experience school in South Dakota. All though the small town vibe can seem kind of daunting at times, the environment and the people make it all better. It seems that you get to know everyone. Professors also seem to put in the time to make sure that everything is being understood, or help with anything necessary. As well as advisors, especially those on campus. They literally help you with everything. Overall, great school!
It's a really fun school. There are a lot of fun activities planned all the time so you never really get bored. Also, there are MANY different areas for studying in case your room isn't quiet enough for you.
I really enjoyed that there were help sessions for chemistry. I loved the ways that they got the students to interact through different activities and events. The activities are very fun to participate in whether it being through the sport, or just cheering on the teams.
At first I wasn't for sure that USD would be for me. But after a few weeks on campus I knew that this was the place for me. I love being on campus and being surrounded by so many people who have the same goal as me. To get a quality education.
Review University of South Dakota
This school is located in a big town, which is not for some people like me. This is why I attend USD through a smaller school like Lake Area Technical University. Where I can stay near my home and family and have the small town feel that I grow up with.
When you become a student at the University of South Dakota, you becoming apart of a family. There is not one single thing I would change about this school. Its the perfect fit for me!
I really enjoyed the communication between my admissions counselor and I, and the broad array of courses that are offered.