High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- 1% Cash Back + affordable rates starting at 3.82% APR w/auto debit discount
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.45 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.48 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.47 responses
Most Popular Majors
Health Service Preparatory Studies107 Graduates
Elementary Education80 Graduates
Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies75 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies68 Graduates
Business Administration and Management66 Graduates
Biomedical Sciences and Molecular Medicine46 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is pretty big.67 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.82 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 32 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.29 responses
University of South Dakota Reviews
I've attended the University of South Dakota for 2 years now and I absolutely love it here. USD professors and advisors genuinely want students to do well and will go above and beyond to support you in doing so. Very understanding, professors engage students and are always available to help. I can't recall ever having a bad or even lacklustre professor, all of them (even SI instructors, TAs, and grad school professors) have been incredible. Highly recommend!
The University of South Dakota is an institution dedicated to learning. I love how on campus, one can feel the energy and excitement of a place dedicated to staying current and cutting-edge. However, I believe the school could work on expanding its meal plan options (especially for vegans). But overall, USD is a great institution, and I believe I am receiving a quality education. Go Yotes!
Overall, great experience throughout. The campus is beautiful not too big and not too small. I believe it is a perfect size. I am originally from California, but I am glad that I got to experience school in South Dakota. All though the small town vibe can seem kind of daunting at times, the environment and the people make it all better. It seems that you get to know everyone. Professors also seem to put in the time to make sure that everything is being understood, or help with anything necessary. As well as advisors, especially those on campus. They literally help you with everything. Overall, great school!