University of South Carolina Reviews

3,793 reviews
I absolutely love the university of South Carolina. There's truly something for every one here. It's a one of a kind university.
The University of South Carolina has a lot of resources available to set students up for success during their time at the university and to be prepared when they leave. However, they are not advertised very well to all students. You have to want to take an initiative to get involved and search for the opportunities to do so. As far as the academics go, they are average. You could go through several courses easily and not retain any information. On the other hand, there are classes require a lot of work. I hope you like group projects!!!!
As an SEC school the football and basketball are incomparable. School spirit is at an ultimate high and the atmosphere surrounding athletics is awesome to be a part of. The university is in a city and so there is always something to do. But, campus itself stays busy constantly with clubs, fairs, music, events. Not to mention, the campus is beautiful. Professors are about like any other college, some extraordinary and some less so. Foreign professors can be tricky to understand, but majority are passable. The weather is Columbia, SC is definitely for those who favor warm weather, with maybe about a week of winter on average.
Review University of South Carolina
I love the community, it is very involved! Faculty, staff, and students are heavily involved on campus and very passionate about their school.
USC is a school that makes genuine efforts to foster community, productivity, and education. The school offers a wide variety of majors and a great support system for students in every one of them. Bursting with extracurriculars and clubs- both professional and just for fun- there is a place for everyone to fill welcome. With the school having such successful programs, it continues to draw in more students. This brings about the only real issue of the school; there are many classes where one professor must teach over 400 students. There is a necessary evil for some courses, but I had far too many business classes where the professors could not efficiently teach. Adding in more qualified professors will help USC reach the potential of being one of the best universities in the country.
The university of South Carolina is a great college when it comes to the amount of diversity that is present at the college. Their are lots of opporuntities to get involved with different organizations and activities on campus which is nice. The campus is very pretty and the all the academic buildings are pretty central to the downtown area which is convenient. However, the art building does not get enough funding and the structure of Mcmaster college is falling apart. While they have a nice business building and now a new law building across the street, Mcmaster is a building that is over 100 years old and is in need of lots of repairs but no money is being put into it. Which is very unfortunate considering i have spend most of my college career in that building. The school could care a little more about the arts, but it's clear their priorities are elsewhere.
Overall my experience here has been great. Better transportation or more student parking would be greatly appreciated.
Newer buildings and facilities were great. Dining plan is expensive and can be difficult to use and understand. Some classes are incredibly helpful, while others are not. Many great faculty members
You get out what you put in. USC had its ups and downs, but that's how all students experience college. Great business program, but either than that, everything else can be just as good if you utilize your resources.
Great experience! I love that they have online classes as well. So, if one is working, education will be easy for them.
I loved the opportunity to get involved on campus and in greek life. I would like there to be more information about how to be involved in the university and greek life available to me post graduation.
Like any other college, USC is what you make of it. You can have the best experience of your life or be miserable the whole time. Being involved in clubs/activities or Greek life will help you build a social circle. My advice is to get involved in something - anything to make your experience more enjoyable. The location is great. Campus is in the middle of downtown with access to stores, restaurants, shops, etc. I love USC so far. My only complaint is that it's uncomfortably HOT all year round. However, I still enjoy going here - best school in the state!
University of South Carolina is a great school. The campus is great and the professors know what they are teaching. The whole campus has great school spirit, especially around football season. There is no school I would rather be at.
I love my school! There is a sense of Carolina Spirit. I always have felt at home. Additionally, my upper level classes are at the right level of challenge.
USC is a great place to experience college life! There's always something to do and somewhere to go and it is almost always within walking distance from campus.
Great school and has a lot to offer. It has one of the best pharmacy programs in the country and I plan to attend.
The campus is beautiful and the opportunities are endless. The campus has a very diverse set of students and majors.
Review University of South Carolina
USC Columbia is such an amazing school, full of professors who want to learn and there is always fun things to do for everyone. Something that you will love or find funny is that at the Russell house during finals week there are stress relievers like bubble wrap!!! USC is awesome. Go Gamecocks!!
I am so happy I applied to the University of South Carolina. I definitely enjoyed my four years at USC from start to finish.
My most favorite part about USC is the campus. There has not been a single day where someone wasn't tending to the grass, flowers, or bushes. The campus is amazing to look at year round. It makes walking to and from class a breeze. I would like to see the school change the access to advisers. It is hard for me to contact an adviser.