University of South Carolina is ...
NCAA Division I-FBS
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.208 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.218 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.217 responses
Most Popular Majors
Business Administration and Management355 Graduates
Exercise Physiology274 Graduates
Research and Experimental Psychology271 Graduates
Public Health240 Graduates
Management Sciences and Information Systems234 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration233 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is pretty big.286 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.353 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.139 responses
University of South Carolina Reviews
I am an out of state student attending USC for the first year of pursuing a 4 year degree. In the beginning I was uncomfortable with my transition and unable to feel at home. Through clubs and sports teams I was able to develop new friendships and life skills that made me feel more at home. There are so many opportunities presented to students at USC that all should take advantage of. One of the most important things that is clearly valued here, is academics. My professors so far have been some of the most passionate people I have met. A favorite course I have taken here has been environmental ethics. I took this course as a philosophy requirement and it inspired me to change my major to environmental studies. The professor and the course material inspired me to make a decision that I will not soon regret. I am more than happy to say that I am a student at USC. If someone decides to attend school here, I bet they will say the same thing. Go Gamecocks!
Coming from Maryland, I absolutely loved spending 4 years in Columbia. With a student population of over 30,000 it was amazing that I felt like I went to a small school. Being an SEC school made for very fun athletic events, there was always something going on on campus, and the university president is very present on campus which is something not common at other public state schools. Columbia is very much a college town but has career opportunities for those looking to stay. Also, it's central location makes for a pleasant drive to Charlotte, Charleston, or Atlanta!
The University of South Carolina is a superb school! I was delighted to meet so many students from around the country (and world). Nearly half of the student population is out-of-state. This creates a dynamic and diverse environment. Because of USC's Honors College and willingness to give major scholarships, the university attracts truly top-notch students. I have been challenged and motivated throughout my time here. Besides the great academic environment, this is a FUN school! There is always something going on. USC football and the famous Five Points bar scene have to be experienced first hand!