Founded in 1967, the University of South Carolina Upstate is one of the nation’s top public regional universities. What began as a commitment to helping the state avoid a nursing shortage has matured into a more than $500 million annual impact on South Carolina.
Located in Spartanburg County, near the crossroads of interstates 85 and 26, USC Upstate is positioned at the center of an international business hub between Atlanta and Charlotte, N.C. We are a major producer of talent for the region, boasting more than 6,000 students, 1,300 new graduates per year, and about 30,000 alumni, many of whom live and work in South Carolina.
University of South Carolina - Upstate Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.65 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.77 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.77 responses
Liberal Arts and Humanities115 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration86 Graduates
Information Science78 Graduates
Exercise Physiology44 Graduates
Early Childhood Education41 Graduates
Elementary Education32 Graduates
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.87 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.100 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.45 responses