University of South Alabama Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.102 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.109 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.109 responses
Most Popular Majors
Health Service Preparatory Studies109 Graduates
Liberal Arts and Humanities102 Graduates
Emergency Medical Technician (EMT Paramedic)93 Graduates
Physical Education Teaching and Coaching93 Graduates
Elementary Education76 Graduates
Business Administration and Management65 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 73 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.134 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.158 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.81 responses
University of South Alabama Reviews
I love South, Go Jags! The University of South Alabama is a well diverse campus with lots to do, since it is located in the center of Mobile, Alabama. The classes are pretty easy if you have the right professor, people are friendly. There are lots of great food options on and around the campus. Lots of clubs and opportunities to make new friends. The sports programs here are amazing and the football games are so very excited. Especially the Troy versus South game, since Troy is our rival school. Overall, South Alabama is a great school. One problem I do I have is with the parking situations, there is hardly any parking.
I love South Alabama! The classes are smaller than the average and the instructors are awesome! The advisors are very supportive and ensure that you stay on track. The campus is beautiful and is very well maintained by the landscaping department. The athletic department is awesome and the teams are very supportive of each other. South Alabama has a small town atmosphere but is close to all the perks of a larger city. The beaches are close enough for a day trip, the Mobile downtown area is great with a diverse group of people and places to go. South Alabama is a very expensive school, especially for an out of state student as the out of state tuition is double the rate for Alabama residents. Overall, I am happy that I chose South Alabama. I will be applying to the medical school there this summer.
South Alabama is a fantastic school that has superfluous amounts of academic opportunities to be explored with an ever-involved staff that genuinely care about their students' success. The campus is kept very pristine and although undergoing construction, still holds a comfortable feeling of home; the only modification I would make would be the addition of more lamp lights along pathways and throughout the school grounds. Mobile itself is a beautiful city to call home for your college years and a move to such a place would not be regretted!