- 4 Year
- SAN JOSE, CA
COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
University of Silicon Valley's Classes are fully Online for the Summer Trimester - Learn More Learn More
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Valuegrade C+
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Campusgrade C minus
- Athleticsgrade unavailable
- Party Scenegrade C+
- Professorsgrade C+
- Locationgrade B
- Dormsgrade C minus
- Campus Foodgrade unavailable
- Student Lifegrade C minus
- Safetygrade B minus
Founded in 1887, University of Silicon Valley prepares Bay Area high school and community college students for careers in the Silicon Valley economy by combining an industry-focused curriculum with a fully-accredited, student-centered approach. Our students enjoy small, intimate classes where they are immersed in technology, design, and business using hands-on, project-based learning taught by a faculty of industry experts.
Will You Get In?
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes. 11 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want. 10 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage. 10 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Animation, Video Graphics and Special Effects47 Graduates
- Computer Graphics24 Graduates
- Music Technology15 Graduates
- Game Design and Interactive Media13 Graduates
- Computer Programming10 Graduates
- Business4 Graduates
- Computer Engineering Technician2 Graduates
Master of Arts in Entrepreneurship & Innovation
The 12-month program is designed for graduate students seeking to establish their own business ventures, manage entrepreneurial enterprises, transition to new careers, or thrive through innovation within their current place of work. It provides an excellent way to earn your Master’s degree with minimal impact to your professional or personal life.
- Mix of Online and on Campus57%
- On Campus43%
- of students say they don't have Greek life. 9 responses
- of students say no one pays attention to varsity sports. 17 responses
- Small, but efficient. I love it!22%
- Teachers are good, students need to work harder.11%
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation. 10 responses
University of Silicon Valley Reviews
Admittedly the career services have been getting a little better each semester, but as of December 2019 it's still not as comprehensive as some of these other public universities at half the tuition cost. Also, I know several people who were about to graduate but had to stay an extra semester because the program changed during their time there, and they couldn't graduate because they didn't have all the "new" requirements.
Overall it's not too bad of a school if you work hard, don't care about student life, and are able to fight through the bs that the administration will throw.