University of San Francisco Reviews

2,018 reviews
This is the university is at a very good location. It offers lots of opportunities that helps your career and futhure improvements.
I love that USF has small classes and its always easy to access professors. I never feel lost and the faculty and admin always is helpful with resolving any issues I may have. Its a small but warm and nurturing community.
I love this school especially since it is right in the middle of a city. However, the social scene is pretty weak on campus, so you have to make sure that you love the city life and going out rather than frats and sorority life.
Start Your Review of University of San Francisco
University of San Francisco is a great college to go to. I really love the professor to student ratio in the classes. I also really love how many of the professors really care about your education and success.
So far so good! I enjoy the look and feel of the campus. I also like the location, in the middle of the city!
My favorite thing about USF is the class and overall population size. With less people, there's less pressure when it comes to registering for the classes you need, and there is a greater focus and attention towards each individual in the classroom. It's easy to meet and connect with people in your major and those who fall within your interests outside of academics. The only downsides I've experienced thus far are the high costs (due to USF being a private school and the fact that it is located in the city) and the cafeteria food, although campus food is generally not that great anywhere. All in all, I feel as though I'm getting the education I need, with tons of support and resources if I so need them.
I loved the small classes and the approachable teachers. All the students there are relatively friendly and easy to talk to. There is always something going on on the campus.
Great school and well placed. Could improve on food but wonderful out reach and great teaching and growing skills.
A private school situated on one of San Francisco's hill. The facilities are clean and technologically up to date. There are a mix of professors who are great at teaching. The tuition is high because it is a private school, but worth it. Food on campus is great and their gym is wonderful. My only negative complaint about the gym is the lack of air circulation.
So far I love my time at the University of San Francisco. I am thriving not only as a student, but as a community leader. This school has great academics and community support. I believe anyone who attends this school will get a good return on their investment.
I am a current student at USF, and theres a lot I can say about the school. It's fairly small, which is nice for getting to class, the class sizes are large enough but small enough to have a good experience. Theres plenty of activities happening on campus, which is a nice break for those that live on campus.
Modern Jesuit University, truly focuses on diversity and a well rounded person. I am very happy to be part of this important group of educated individuals attending USF.
I really like all the advisers that are able to help students. The professors are also very intelligent and make themselves available to students.
As a Psychology Major, I enjoy the comfortable and supportive atmosphere that USF presents to me. USF has a wide range of classes, clubs, and sports for those with many interests or those who want to try new things. I love the diversity in the people and have met many amazing peers and professors who help me learn. Coming from a small high school, I like how the class sizes are not too big but have just enough people for me to meet someone new every day. The safety level is pretty high, especially in the dorms. You need a card to swipe into the front door of every dorm building, elevator, and room door. To get into the dorm room, you also need a personal pin number just so no one can steal your card and access your room. If you need to travel around at night, there is the campus shuttle system which allows you to go to and from the campus safely.
USF has a great dual degrees teaching program. The advisors and staff are friendly and very caring. I am a non-traditional student and its been almost 20 years since I was at a university; and teachers have been patient while I adjust to being a student. They want to see you succeed and make planning the school year easy. Unfortunately the tuition is very expensive and the fear of being unable to afford school is a heavy concern.
USF is a wonderful school. It's location, professors, peers, financial aid, sports and most things are awesome. There can be a slight improvement in terms of some infrastructure.
Professors are interested in their subject matter and helping students understand/comprehend the material. They're also accessible beyond class time when students need assistance.
Start Your Review of University of San Francisco
Wonderful Faculty, funny professors, and a nice vibe throughout the campus. The campus is clean for SF and there are lots of opportunities for joining clubs and projects. However, living in SF is expensive and therefore brings a certain vibe or a struggle for some. It is is still a wonderful school if you enjoy SF culture, want a fun education, and can afford it.
In general the campus is very beautiful and it is a decent school as far as education, class size and the clubs and resources offered. The university costs way too much and sometimes I regret deciding to go to USFCA because of it. The cafeteria food gets really annoying and if you live in a dorm on the central campus or Lone Mountain you are forced to buy the meal plan. The financial aid is not very helpful. In the dorms triple rooms are too cramped and the bathrooms are always dirty. Not to mention tuition, the meal plan and dorm costs increase every year.
USF is a great university if you aren't looking for a stereotypical college experience. You are in the heart of the city and there's so much to do off campus.