University of San Francisco Reviews

1,942 reviews
The University of San Francisco has a breathtaking view. The students and professors from here are all very caring and helpful.As a transfer student from Hong Kong, I have experienced cultural shock, but I have overcome it because of them.
Great school. Opportunities and resources are endless. Professors will support you through all of the opportunities you get being in San Francisco. Strong alumni network close to campus.
I feel really secluded here apart from the niche I've found for myself. People here are rude but my education keeps me here.
Review University of San Francisco
Beautiful campus in a beautiful city. If you like the small campus feel, this is a good school for you.
I had a very good experience applying to USF. The staff was very nice and helpful.
Meeting a few of the program’s professors, I was impressed with their personal attention and willingness to help. I enjoyed visiting some of the classes
and taking part in the intellectually-stimulating discussion, where I got a glimpse of the class dynamics and the diversity of students attending the program.
The nursing program here is incredible yet VERY intense and challenging. The major con of this school is the ridiculously high tuition costs. Every single year the tuition rises by several thousand dollars. They never say explicitly what it is being used for.
I really liked the small classes, the values, and that it is in a great location in the city. There's been quite the remodeling of buildings that brought us new technology, advancing the science courses. This school is super diverse, attending is a wonderful experience because you meet people from all over the world getting to know their culture. One thing I would like to see is more on-campus housing for the students.
This school is really nice. I just recently transferred here from community college. the location is really nice; not far from Golden Gate Park or Ocean Beach. The only downside is the San Francisco hills. The staff is really nice and helpful, peaceful campus community, and very helpful teachers. If you have free time go to an athletic event (they're free) or get some food on the 2nd floor of the University Center. Get involved with some of the many student organizations on campus and take advantage of the many resources this school has within the city of San Francisco.
Super diverse school with endless involvement opportunities. Abundant resources to help you succeed in and out of the classroom. Great location and easy access to fun spots in the city. All around great university that exposes you to new an exciting experiences.
As a current freshman, my experience so far has been an unforgettable one. Before attending classes and moving in, I felt hesitant and afraid about college life. USF has been the best choice I could have ever made. The atmosphere on campus is extremely friendly and it isn't hard to make friends/acquaintances. It's also very exciting to live in an area so diverse and to meet people from different cities, states, and countries.
I know that my time here will be well spent and useful because of all of the resources this school provides for me. The student to professor ratio is fairly small compared to other universities which allows me to become acquainted and familiar with my professors. USF also provides many internship,volunteer, and scholarship opportunities for any student in any major. Not to mention the various clubs and organizations that are very productive and fun.
I am ultimately very grateful for having chosen USF and excited for what these next years have in store for me.
As a nursing major, this university has state of the art equipment, well-seasoned professors, tutoring, lectures from well-known speakers, & various job/social opportunities. The small campus is diverse, with international students & staff. The greek & sports scenes are not notable. The school, one of the few Jesuit universities in the country, is geographically located in the middle of San Francisco, so nothing is ever more than a 30 minute drive (50 minute bus ride) away. While the science, business, & social justice related majors are strong, most other majors offer good, but not notable, programs.
The dorms are quite small & require students to leave during winter break. The food is good for a university, but extremely overpriced if without a meal plan, & disappointing compared to the foodie culture of the city.There are 24/7 campus police & a shuttle available for a 2.5 mile radius of the school, but students should be warned to always be aware of their surroundings off campus.
University of San Francisco offers so much opportunity to its students. Instead of living in a dead college town, we live in a flourishing, lively city that has taught us discipline and the value of hard work. It has given us real experience, and has shown us what it's like to be a part of a beautiful city. Aside from where the university resides, the professors and the classroom sizes makes a huge difference to our education. I've never had a class that was above sixty students, and even that is rare. We are not one of five-hundred students in a class, we are one of twenty-five or thirty, in which our professors know our name and know are learning style. The only thing I would change about the University of San Francisco would be the on-campus housing options, as that might help the students feel more connected with the university, but overall, I love USF and the opportunities that it gave me.
The University of San Francisco does a great job at making you feel apart of the community. The class sizes are relatively small, so there is a lot of interaction between the professor and student. People at the school are awesome as well, and are really nice; I met some of the best people I know at this school. The only thing I would change is the student participation at sports events. Our school doesn't have the best school spirit, but we do have a fairly decent fan base committed to attending games and representing our school.
The university is an amazing, welcoming place to grow, learn, and thrive. People are accepting and intelligent, and teachers will encourage you while also guiding you to the right path.
Although the school has character, I believe it lacks structure within its academics. The professors are almost always available and ready to help you succeed in their course as well as your career. However, many people I have spoken to do not believe they are being challenged enough. The teachers are very lenient with grading as well as attendance.
University of San Francisco is absolutely phenomenal! From the Professors to the students to even the maintenance staff, they all are so respectful, intellectual, and caring, which makes USF seem like home away from home. The only hard thing is paying for this amazing school. Even though it is very expensive, I will my best to try to pay for it because it is worth it.
This school is located in a beautiful city with awe inspiring sights and is the best choice for anyone looking for a school that promotes social justice and enjoys being surrounded by diversity. As a nursing student, I am biased to say anyone interested in being a nurse should go to this school because I think it is one of the best in teaching the educational skills necessary to be the most successful in your nursing career. However, anyone interested in small class sizes, social justice and a small united campus should consider attending USF.
Review University of San Francisco
USF is a great school. I am happy to be attending and feel I made the right decision but find it hard to see myself staying for all 4 years because I think another university may be a better fit even tho USF is awesome as is.
This school is very unique in so many ways- social justice oriented and community focused. It's small and secluded in the heart of one of the most amazing cities ever, there's so much to do! The opportunities for internships and jobs and fun things to do are endless. It's a magical place.
Although I just started here a few months ago, I definitely feel like I fit right in immediately and overall felt so comfortable. USF provides such a comfortable and friendly atmosphere to its students and have SO MANY resources for anything you can even think of. It's also conveniently located in one of the most global cities in the world— the beautiful San Francisco. Although it's a big city, USF still creates a sense of community within the student body.