University of San Diego Reviews

1,707 reviews
The University of San Diego has some good qualities but not enough to outweigh their faults. Small class sizes automatically improve the quality of the education but many professors don't care about teaching in the slightest. Assuming I had about 40 professors over the course of my career only about 3 stand out as great and another 5 were good. The focus is on preaching and memorization, not understanding or communication.
The student culture is self centered and shallow. While there are some great people attending USD the prevailing culture is abysmal. Vanity and greed run rampant and define USD. But what do you expect from the school of America's wealthiest. Ultimately, whatever one thinks of America's one percent while be there opinion on USD and vice versa.
The school has an incredibly beautiful campus. With the small class sizes, teachers are always available to help students one on one. Although the school lacks in diversity, the campus is very friendly.
This was a fantastic experience and broadened my perspective with the diverse community that attends. I came here for grad school after going to a top UC school for undergrad, and I feel that the experience here was much more inviting than my undergrad experience. The professors genuinely care about the success of the students and will go out of there way to help. I think the very diverse student body greatly adds to the experience, and I really enjoyed getting to know so many different people from around the world. The Kroc Institute always had great events going on, and I found it very easy to make friends and meet new people. Very glad I made the decision to come here!
Review University of San Diego
I'm a veteran that decided to make USD my choice of school, and everything was super smooth. The campus is stunning, the faculty is fairly laid back and very approachable. I am so glad that I was able to come here, and was glad they made me a part of their family.
I love it here. The campus is beautiful and the classes aren't easy but I also don't feel like dying everyday like my friends at Ivy league Universities. The students are really nice for the most part and the teachers are always willing to help.
The campus and the people are friendly. The professors are hard but caring. You really get to feel in place here. It is expensive and if moneys hard you might want to rethink this school.
I have wanted to come to USD since I was 8 when I saw it for the first time. It is so beautiful, I thought it was a castle. I was worried I had my hopes set too high this past summer as I was preparing to come here, but I can honestly say that it has exceeded all of my expectations.
USD has a very vibrant community and boasts an environment which makes it easy to focus on excelling academically while maintaining a satisfying social life as well.
I loved my tour as a potential student. The school is beautiful and has a safe and comfortable environment. The academics are competitive.
University of San Diego is the best decision I have ever made. Even though it's very expensive I feel the benefits out way the cost. I have made great friends and recently joined a sorority and the academics is challenging. Any help in financing my education would be greatly appreciated.
USD is a small, friendly campus. The class sizes are small and easy to get involved on campus if you want. What you put into it is what you get out of it. The area is beautiful and it's fairly easy to get around. Whether you're coming from the other side of the country of San Diego itself, it's a great school to get an education and fun social life at. I recommend it!!
The University of San Diego is the perfect school for anyone looking for a personalized education. With a student to faculty ratio of 14 to 1, it is impossible to not make a connection with one if not all of your teachers. Not only have I had the opportunity to find a friend in my profess ours but they are all incredibly passionate about teaching. The campus is clean and absolutely beautiful. A view of the pacific ocean on one side and overlooks to the city, this centrally located campus makes you feel at home in a big city. Although the registration process is somewhat tedious, there are so many class options and every professor is so amazing you really can't go wrong.
People rationalize the cost of education as an investment in their future career. I graduated from USD in 13 years ago. Im writing this in hopes it can help prospective students see it from that perspective.

Ive been fortunate to have had a lot of career success. BUT honestly, USD and its alumni network really did not help with that. Ive been more on the giving end than anything else. My experience is that the USD reach and resources are pretty limited. A lot of rich people send their kids to USD, but that doesn't translate into having a lot of powerful and interconnected alumni. The reality is that outside of SD, being a USD grad doesn't hold much sway.

I had good times and met cool people at USD. Its a lifestyle school that is easy and nice. BUT, USD is really expensive and I dont think its worth it. If you get into a UC or other respected public college, go there instead. If you do go to USD, study abroad and do everything in your power to get a good internship.
I am a first-year student at University of San Diego, and I could not be happier with my choice of school. From small class size and professors who genuinely care about you, to the beautiful campus and kind people, my experience at U of San Diego has been extraordinary so far.
USD is a good overall university, however I believe that like many schools it is overpriced. The social scene is tough to penetrate after freshman year, due to the Learning Living Communities. These LLCs make the school seem very click-orientated, almost like high school.
Transferring to USD was the best decision I ever made when it came to my bachelors degree. Not only is it a beautiful campus in a gorgeous location but it is also a great school school academically. The professors are the best of the best who due to the small class sizes you're given the opportunity to build relationships with the staff. Also, the entire USD staff are incredibly helpful and supportive. One thing that amazed me was how the staff work with you in order for you to become the best person as well as help set you up for life after graduation. While attending USD I was given some great opportunities that broadened my horizons outside of the classroom. Aside from the academic prestige there is a great social community. All in all USD is a great university and I would highly recommend the school to everyone. Who would want to go to a school where you can spend time doing your homework at the beach.
University of San Diego is a beautiful, and great school. All of the staff and professors are very helpful and friendly, with any issues you bring to them. The students are all kind as well, always interacting with everyone and being polite to the staff and professors. The academics are incredible and I am very happy with the education I am getting.
Review University of San Diego
They say it's the Notre Dame of the West. I think it definitely has the potential. Superior academics, paradise-like campus, and girls more beautiful than Aphrodite. Furthermore, the connections among students--high-achievers, royalty, scions, and budding entrepreneurs--are invaluable for an undergraduate. USD is fast becoming the preeminent contemporary Catholic university on the west coast.
USD is what you make of it. There is everything from frat bros to athletes to musicians to performers. Whatever you decide to do is highly encouraged, and there is surely a group of people here for you.
It is a very beautiful and fantastic college. It has so much to offer both with the diversity of the students and the academic factors of the school. I do not think that things should be changing there all that much.