University of San Diego Reviews

1,761 reviews
I loved how the campus looked. It seemed very modern and city like. At the same time it was close enough to the beach so that you could see the view of the ocean. I love their programs and careers they offer
I really love the opportunities and the diversity at University of San Diego. There is truly a class or club for every outlet and passion you have as a student and member of the community. USD is absolutely beautiful and some of the best experiences I have had so far in my life have come from attending USD.
Great school, small class sizes, and engaged professors who are willing to work with you and answer your questions. The campus is beautiful, and if you have the chance to stay in the dorms, do so! I especially recommend Maher Hall for the freshmen and for the upperclassmen, the Manchester Apartments.
Start Your Review of University of San Diego
I enjoy the atmosphere and environment at USD, and I have met some great friends and professors. USD is beautiful and lively, but more school spirit and participation from the student body would improve the college life experience.
USD gives off the best possible first impression due to its physical beauty and good academic standing. However, I had an awful time as a freshman. Liberal Arts courses are taken way too seriously and you might find yourself just starting to take your major courses during your second semester of sophomore year. The majority of my professors completely sucked and were not appropriate teachers. The student body is extremely snobby and uncultured. There is a tremendous atmosphere of discrimination and it is impossible to avoid it. The school is also very very very expensive.
USD makes the applying process easy. I feel part of a family. The campus is really nice and located in Beautiful San Diego.
Beautiful school. This is a very nice school and would recommend to anyone who can afford to go to this school to go. Not that big of a campus so it fairly easy to find all your classes.
Overall, my experience at USD has been great.
Academically, the smaller class sizes create a great learning environment, as well as giving students access to the professors for aid or discussion. The courses that I have taken so far have been excellent and the information gained from them has prepared me for my future profession.
Though school spirit and the sports scene are lacking at USD, the proximity of the campus to downtown San Diego, the local beaches, and other locations allows for many opportunities to enjoy student life.
Professors are very interested in the growth of their students. Classes can be found to be small, helping created a better connection with the teacher and other students. The campus is always clean from any trash and smoking. Students have many places to spend time, from terrace to the pavilion. Every student can find a place to fit according to their background and necessities.
I was able to participate in a life-changing study abroad experience and connect with faculty who sincerely care about student's development. As a result, I was honored to assist in a groundbreaking research experience in India. Ultimately, throughout my four years, I grew both as a student, and as a person.
I entered this school in the spring of 2018, I was a community college transfer student. The process of transferring to USD was very simple and I was placed in classes with several other transfer students to help develop a community. The campus is extremely well taken care of. It is ranked very high on campus beauty. The professors are very professional and it is obvious they know what they are talking about. I feel as if I am getting a high level of education at this school. I would have rated it five stars however the price o f this school if very high. Also the diversity level is not very good. The school is mostly white kids and foreign students.
USD is a wonderful school! The professors are outstanding. The Campus is gorgeous. The people are friendly. What more can you ask for? The only downside is that it is quite expensive. If you do not come from a wealthy background, you will require financial assistance.
University of San Diego is a beautiful campus with unlimited options to be heard and get involved! USD has given me a strong sense of myself and what I want to work towards. Great programs assist you every step of the way.
I have been to the University of San Diego twice, once for a field trip and once on an overnight camp. Both times I enjoyed the campus and I had a lot of fun. During the time that I went there was construction and it made it more difficult to get around. If you decide to go to the University of San Diego it is because you are interested in academics not athletics. Their pool is very small and they do not have a track, but they do have a large soccer field and basketball stadium. Overall the University of San Diego is a beautiful campus and it is easy to get around with their shuttle and large sidewalks.
The campus alone is beautiful. The professors help out their students as much as they can. The students that live on campus are very supportive with each other.
I loved the campus the moment I stepped in! Although I was not a big Cali girl, USD takes a special place in my heart! So many things to do, so many spots to eat, the academics are great, and flexibility of the curriculum is just awesome! Go Toreros!!
I hate the people the campus is pretty and the academics are okay. If you don't have a car, don't come here. If you aren't rich, don't come here. If you aren't white, you'll probably hate it.
Start Your Review of University of San Diego
I loved USD with how vigorous their classes are and how diverse the campus is. I really love how the professors want to help you and will have a good relationship with you. They offer office hours to get one-on-one help with your class. USD also is the most beautiful campus ever. Wouldn't change anything about this school.
I was choosing between 23 different schools when I was choosing my doctoral program, and USD was number one on that list. I am in love with USD, from the campus, to the people, to the content learned in the classrooms. I attend SOLES, the School of Learning and Educational Sciences, and every time I walk in the building it feels like an international Hogwarts-type-of-school with some of the best leaders from all over the world. I would absolutely encourage anyone to walk around USD's campus and soak in the beautiful, serene views. I have nothing but praise for the campus and the people on this campus. I love USD and am so happy I get to go here.
Beautiful campus, hit or miss professors, TONS of core requirements, eh party scene, great food. Psafe roams around all the time, making it a safe campus, but also makes it seem like there could be an attack because of how many there are. Also, most of them I always see are on their phones and aren't doing much. Wish they would reallocate some of that money into athletic programs or something more for students.