University of Rochester Reviews

1,395 reviews
I loved how the culture was so diverse. I was able to meet so many people from different cultures, so i was learning in and outside of the classroom.
University of Rochester isn't for everyone. However, for those that visit or hear of the school and find something to love about it - whether it be the beautiful campus or the dedicated student body - I can promise that you'll want to stay. While the school isn't known for parties, the unity and rich student life on campus are incredibly refreshing. Students come from around the world to invest in the difficult and rigorous academic program. Those that love to learn will find themselves among students with similar drive, and professors that expect the best, hope for the best, and give us their best.
I love this school. It is filled with super smart, nice, and kind of quirky people. Everyone who goes here seems like a perfect fit for U of R. Beautiful campus, great faculty, lots of clubs and activities, and an academically rigorous environment all characterize what I've seen here as I enter into my senior year.
Review University of Rochester
I love to study. The professors here are helpful and their exams are challenging. You know you are learning a lot indeed. Overall, everything is cool here except, umm... food
Nice campus, not that big nor small. Easy to walk from class to class. You just have to meet the right people to make worth of this place.
During my time at the University of Rochester, I have seen a quality graduate program improve. While some classes are challenging, the majority of the instruction is of high quality and many professors are fantastic resources that are responsive to student needs. We are very close to other great schools, and many collaborations exist, which gives students a great chance to learn how to build such relationships. A highlight is that we are one of the handful of schools chosen by the NIH to pilot a Broadening Experiences in Scientific Training program. I have seen and taken new courses that give students a well-rounded education. This program has made a huge impact in preparing graduate students for the future.

The University of Rochester truly a university of the highest order.
What's nice about U of R is that it has an open curriculum. This allows freedom to choose your classes, rather than being constricted with general education requirements. However aside from the education, campus food is below average, and student life is limited due to the weather .
It's been great so far. I can actually take classes I am interested in, it's a great community, and the transition from high school to college has been really easy so far.
The University of Rochester is known for it's amazing academics that come without a core curriculum. If you ask students why the chose the UofR, that's one of the answers you'll hear most often. If you're looking for a school with good sports and a lot of school spirit, this probably isn't the place for you. I sadly miss coming from North Carolina and loving college basketball and going to a school where no one goes to any games. The dorms are okay, there's no air conditioning though so it's really hot until mid-October. Overall, great professors and classes. Campus is absolutely beautiful also.
This school is an incredibly unique institution that allows students to explore and learn what they are passionate about.
The University is a great place and the professors are really invested in your education. I wish I could see more diversity and more campus life because even though it is there, it can still use more.
I came to U of R for the campus feel as well as the world renowned academics. While my classes have been tough, I have learned so much and have been given opportunities I wouldn't have dreamed of anywhere else. U of R is my home, and I'm so thankful for the experiences I've had here so far.
It has strong academics and a good support system for students, though the administration can be difficult. Very, ridiculously liberal to the point of exaggeration. This is definitely a nerd school, so don't come here looking for great parties, and Rochester isn't exactly exploding with nightlife. However, it's a good school and in pretty area.
Rochester is a very homey school. There is always something to do on campus whether it be studying, movies, or other activities. With everything on campus it often is hard to find time and ways to get off campus and explore Rochester. The city of Rochester is quite spread out so its hard to get around very easily. The University does supply buses, however they often only run to central shopping locations on the weekends. Study spaces on campus are limitless and comfortable. The overall feel of the campus is very pleasant with lots of green grass and beautiful trees. At the center of it all is Rush Rhees library which can be seen and heard (through bells that play every 15 minutes) from miles away. University of Rochester is academically challenging, but there are lots of resources you can use to get help if you need it. Overall U of R's campus and personality have made it a wonderful place to attend!
My experience at University of Rochester has been nothing but great. It is definitely a place where the professors and advisors encourage the students to be there best and pursue their passions.
I love it here! There's is always some thing to do, or get involved with. Everyone here really cares about their classes and are always trying to make each other better. A very collaborative, as opposed to competitive, environment.
Amazing school. Academics are excellent, campus is beautiful and people are diverse and kind. Offers many opportunities and help in all aspects of academics, health and life.
Review University of Rochester
The University of Rochester is a very challenging school. I love the academic environment because everyone is here to learn. The cluster system at this school saved me. I was originally a Bio major on the Pre-Med track and I found out that I hated Biology and there was no way I was going to finish Pre-Med. Luckily I had taken a Political Science course for my social science cluster the same semester and realized I loved it. Also because you don't declare a major right away, it is easy to change your major. It is so easy to explore your interests here. The campus is beautiful, though I would not call it very handicap accessible. The food is pretty good for a college. The professors all have many office hours and if you can't meet with them, the TA's have office hours too. I love this school and would definitely recommend it to anyone who is applying to college.
I like the curriculum and programs they have to offer and the fact that it challenges me. I would like to see more change in the dorms so they can be a more comfortable living space.
Studying as a dual degree student at the Eastman School of Music and College of Arts and Sciences, I can say that the dual degree program itself is very well constructed. My peers challenge me daily to improve myself and put my best foot forward, and the school really lends itself to a positive and competitive atmosphere.