University of Rochester is ...
NCAA Division III (with football)
University Athletic Association
High School GPA
Neither required nor recommended
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.99 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.93 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.93 responses
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 63 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.125 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.140 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.63 responses
University of Rochester Reviews
My experience was great! It was full of diversity and supportive of peers who want you to succeed. The faculty and staff are exceptional and the library access to get you what you need knows no bounds. Yellowjacket Festival at the beginning of the year sets off the mood of the school year and the alumni are very helpful and interactive with current students. Classes are always interesting and you can merge your major with your interest in any field. U of R wants to explore and has a range of courses, like Beginner Piano and the Psychology of Sex. There are tons of awesome clubs to be apart of. There isn't a huge multicultural greek life presence and school bus system could be run slightly better.
Rochester is a very homey school. There is always something to do on campus whether it be studying, movies, or other activities. With everything on campus it often is hard to find time and ways to get off campus and explore Rochester. The city of Rochester is quite spread out so its hard to get around very easily. The University does supply buses, however they often only run to central shopping locations on the weekends. Study spaces on campus are limitless and comfortable. The overall feel of the campus is very pleasant with lots of green grass and beautiful trees. At the center of it all is Rush Rhees library which can be seen and heard (through bells that play every 15 minutes) from miles away. University of Rochester is academically challenging, but there are lots of resources you can use to get help if you need it. Overall U of R's campus and personality have made it a wonderful place to attend!
I have attended the University of Rochester School of Nursing for my Bachelors degree in nursing and am currently enrolled for my doctorate of nursing practice degree to become a family nurse practitioner. The school has flexible class times, including evening class time for students who work traditional day-time hours. Many of the classes are completely online or hybrid courses. The professors are often practicing nurses or advanced practice nurses, which allow students to obtain the best possible education. The school is across the street from Strong Memorial Hospital, which makes it convenient for students to juggle work and school schedules.