- Academicsgrade A+
- Valuegrade A+
- Diversitygrade A
- Campusgrade A
- Athleticsgrade A
- Party Scenegrade A minus
- Professorsgrade A+
- Locationgrade A minus
- Dormsgrade A
- Campus Foodgrade A
- Student Lifegrade A
- Safetygrade C
The University of Richmond is for the intellectually ambitious.
Our interdisciplinary approach integrates arts and sciences with business, leadership, and law — providing opportunities for broad exploration and focused pursuit of careers. We also guarantee you up to $4,000 for a summer research or internship experience.
Within a year of graduation, 24 percent of students are enrolled in graduate school. And of those looking for employment, 96 percent landed a job.
Richmond is the only university with a spider mascot, and we find that fitting. Because there's only one place like Richmond.
University of Richmond Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Will You Get In?
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes. 44 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want. 50 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage. 50 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Business225 Graduates
- Organizational Behavior Studies74 Graduates
- Liberal Arts and Humanities68 Graduates
- Economics61 Graduates
- Biology56 Graduates
- Accounting53 Graduates
- Political Science and Government53 Graduates
- Psychology49 Graduates
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology30 Graduates
- Information Science30 Graduates
Humanities at Richmond
At Richmond, the Humanities span 15 departments and programs. Faculty and students work closely together in the classroom and through student-designed, faculty mentored research. Humanities students learn to analyze problems, develop solutions, and communicate effectively with others – all critical skills required for success in a rapidly evolving job market.
- Upperclass, northeastern, and preppy (from NJorNY)40%
- Preppy, career focused, super nice, good looking24%
- Very nice and friendly17%
- Hella pretentious10%
- Stressed, upper-class, northeastern, and preppy7%
- Northern, Preppy, Apathetic2%
- of students say that Greek life is pretty big. 58 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life. 73 responses
- Work Hard, Play Hard29%
- New Jersey and New York-ish16%
- Apathy, selfishness10%
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation. 26 responses