The University of Richmond is for the intellectually ambitious.
Our interdisciplinary approach integrates arts and sciences with business, leadership, and law — providing opportunities for broad exploration and focused pursuit of careers. We also guarantee you up to $4,000 for a summer research or internship experience.
Within a year of graduation, 24 percent of students are enrolled in graduate school. And of those looking for employment, 96 percent landed a job.
Richmond is the only university with a spider mascot, and we find that fitting. Because there's only one place like Richmond.
University of Richmond Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.44 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.48 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.48 responses
Humanities at Richmond
At Richmond, the Humanities span 15 departments and programs. Faculty and students work closely together in the classroom and through student-designed, faculty mentored research. Humanities students learn to analyze problems, develop solutions, and communicate effectively with others – all critical skills required for success in a rapidly evolving job market.
- of students say that Greek life is pretty big.56 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.71 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.26 responses
University of Richmond Reviews
The students are also pretty awesome. I never did anything with greek life and met my friends mostly through nerdy clubs (games club, anime, video games, etc), so my friend group is contrastingly diverse (though quite extensive) relative to the other reviewers.
The Comp Sci program (my area) here is also definitely growing, so I'm excited to see what happens. You could say I have no regrets!
The bar in admissions has been raised as I have enjoyed the academic vibe of UR! The campus is beautiful and the people are warm.