High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.125 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.135 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.135 responses
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 82 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is pretty big.143 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.198 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 88 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.78 responses
University of Rhode Island Reviews
I loved the University of Rhode Island because of its dedication to make its students happy. The school constantly made changes to keep its students entertained. There are always fun events planned for students that everyone can attend. URI provides you with excellent resources to make the absolute most out of your college experience. There are hundreds of clubs and ways to get involved on campus. I lived in a Living and Learning Community, which meant I lived in a dorm with people from my major. It really helped me succeed in my classes and introduced me to so many friends!
Great STEM fields, lots of opportunities for involvement in research other extracurriculars. If you're looking for social things, join Greek life or you won't get to party. It's a smallish school, you get to know everyone fairly quick. Living so close to the beach is great! The winters are awful and walking up hills suck.
I studied art and loved it, faculty were very knowledgable and caring. I do wish that the University put more money towards the Fine Art Center. Driving past, you would not think this was an art center. It is a concrete building with pieces of the wall falling off. In the back, there is construction that had begun, but stopped midway and was left there. The campus is beautiful and so close to the ocean. The science and medical majors, especially Pharmacy, are amazing at URI. They just built new science buildings and they have everything these majors could need. Dorms are okay. The freshman dorms are good for the most part, but you should take a look at as many as you can. Sophomore dorms are the worst ones. Some rooms have balconies which is cool, but the bathrooms are broken and not well taken care of. The food is great! For school food I definitely think URI has one of the best. My favorite was the themed dinners.