University of Puget Sound Reviews

Just finished my freshman year and loved it . housing is comfortable and the teachers are great . everyone is welcoming and engaging and encouraging .
I worried about the location and lack of diversity, but students here are very driven. We all want an inclusive environment. There are so many arts and lecture programs here that are brought in to encourage discussions about privilege, power, and marginalized peoples.
The social scene appears to be dominated by fraternities. I was placed in a dorm with a bunch of people I am not like, and they didn't treat me well. Tacoma is pretty terrible. But the food and most of the students are great.
Start Your Review of University of Puget Sound
The school has excellent academics and really prioritizes student achievement, support, and community. However, the school is not very financially attainable for many in the first place and does not prioritize financial accessibility once there either.
I think the university is very inclusive and provides lots of opportunities to its students. Some things that are not the best are that most professors do not put grades online, which can be frustrating and time consuming to guestimate your grade or go see them and have them calculate it. I think for the tuition, the food could be better and the university could expand its reach geographically as well as in the realm of diversity. It spends an absurd amount of money mowing all the grass on campus.
Puget Sound is a very small school. You can walk to one end of the campus in less than 15 minutes! If you are currently in a small high school, then you will have no problem transitioning to Puget Sound
UPS is a good school if you're unsure about what you want: whether you don't know if college is for you,you're uncertain of your path in life, or you just need some time to find yourself, enrolling at UPS will help you gain clarity. Of course, that isn't because the school is some meach of self-discovery or temple of existential guidance. UPS is mediocre in every way. Mediocre academics, mediocre people, mediocre vibes and all in a mediocre place. That's not necessarily a bad thing though. Want to explore a new subject? The classes are not hard so testing interdisciplinary waters is very low steaks. Want to test the social scene? You're guaranteed a 6/10 night out which means that while you might not have a night to remember, you also won't have one to forget. If mediocrity is freeing, then UPS is a paradise of unshackled masses. In a weird way, I love it for that: while its hard to rise, it's equally hard to fall. I take comfort in that guarentee.
University of Puget Sound has great academics and community with really committed professors. Lots of opportunity for growth. However, one big drawback to UPS is that it lacks diversity.
It's my freshmen year but its pretty great here. Very beautiful. Lots of clubs and resources. Great library.
I really enjoyed my 4 years at University of Puget Sound! I learned a lot and was prepared for the working world after graduation. I majored in psychology and was hired as a behavior technician following graduation. I don't think I would have been hired for this job if it wasn't for the education I received at UPS.
I chose The University of Puget Sound because when I stepped foot on campus, my heart told me it was home. The campus is very beautiful. Though in the beginning I did have some issues because I felt like an outsider, I had a hard time with making friends since I am very shy and quiet. With the help of one of my professors he helped me come out my comfort zone. I was introduced to new clubs and I tried to be as involved as possible and now I felt as if I had really found my safe place at this school. This university provides so much outside resources and our professors will put their best effort in to make sure we achieve our goals. Most importantly, we have a large support system. There is someone who is always willing to help.
University of Puget Sound is a great private college. You get one on one attention from your professors, the food is great, housing/dorm life is good and the campus is absolutely beautiful. They call themselves the "Harvard of the West" due to their tough classes and high academic standards. I would recommend this university to anyone who wants to attend a smaller school that provides a fantastic education.
I liked the Asian Studies department best. The teachers are very personable and help me with everything from letters of rec to career support. It's worth the high price tag!
The University of Puget Sound has allowed me a chance to achieve a higher education by providing me with financial aid. I have chosen to pursue a B.S. in Biochemistry and UPS has variety of classes to fulfill my major and prerequisites for medical school. The University has helped me progress academically by challenging my knowledge, critical thinking, and work ethic skills. I was able to excel and pass all of my first year courses with the help from the Center for Learning, Writing, and Teaching. The CWLT's mission was executed to perfection by providing a support faculty to create opportunities for all Puget Sound students to achieve their academic goals. However, I would like this institution to be a more diverse campus that is a safe space for people of color. As an individual who identifies as a Latina, I believe that this University must expand its faculty and student body in order to honestly portray this space as a diverse and inclusive campus for all.
Everything around the school is connected in a way, it may look old but it is slowly progressing to become a more modern university
Small and intimate classroom experience with very attentive professors. University of Puget Sound is extremely liberal and accepting of racial minorities and different sexual preferences. However, the school is not accepting of people with conservative views.
The teachers are intelligent, and small class sizes allow an approachable atmosphere. The subjects are interesting and unique, and the environment is friendly, clean and socially conscious. There is something for everyone.
Start Your Review of University of Puget Sound
The University of Puget Sound has knowledgeable professors who are invested in their work and eager to help students succeed. The students partake in a variety of activities including sports, activism, and music. Altogether, it is a sweet college with an abundance of resources.
UPS is basically whatever you put into it. If you want to spend your nights in a lab you can, if you want to party you can, if you want to protest you can. Of course, we are a small campus which means that there are only going to be a few people doing each thing but everyone is very friendly. If you are really into something and you want your whole college to be too don't go here but if you want a small campus where everyone is pursuing their passions come.
Overall I have really enjoyed my time here at the University of Puget Sound. The people are super nice and the professors seem to enjoy working closely with students to help make sure they do well. I would like to see more diversity on campus, but it does seem like the school is trying to do that, albeit slowly. I would recommend the University of Puget Sound to anyone looking for a small school environment in the beautiful pacific northwest.