COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
At Puget Sound, we are committed to putting students first. Please visit our website to learn about our virtual visit options, extended decision deadline for admitted students, and test-optional admission policy. Learn More
- Party SceneB
- Campus FoodB+
- Student LifeB
Founded in 1888 in a vibrant port city in the Pacific Northwest, University of Puget Sound is an independent, residential, and predominantly undergraduate liberal arts college, with graduate programs in education and health sciences. Our beautiful 97-acre campus supports connection with the world it serves, from the tide flats of Tacoma to the Pacific Rim and beyond. A Puget Sound education is rooted in an inspiring confluence of histories and cultures and ideas, and centered on our 2,600 students who are open-minded, outward-reaching, and passionate about putting their educations to work. Guided by our motto To the Heights, we seek to educate the whole person, and to give each student space to discover and room to rise to meet new challenges both locally and globally. Puget Sound offers a small community of independent thinkers, a launch pad for adventurers, and an incubator for entrepreneurs. We are makers, shakers, and doers—and we never stop learning.
University of Puget Sound Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.39 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.46 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.46 responses
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.58 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.74 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.23 responses