University of Puerto Rico - Bayamon Reviews

This University has an amiable environment that stuck with me through my studies. While other colleges around the country played pranks and the like on freshmen, this one was very welcoming. The food is great and has a variety of clubs and associations you can join. Unfortunately the college isn't without its flaws. The class enrollment process is old, complex and antiquated. Students must race each other at midnight on a certain day to enroll themselves on classes. Only a certain amount of students can enter the system at the same time, and this makes the process frustrating . The class facilities are in dire need of repair and renovations. The ceilings are exposed,
and you can see the cables and pipelines running through it.
The University of Puerto Rico is a place where you can find a family you are going to love and remember your whole life. I can assure you that you will have a life changing experience.
It's a really great university, especially if you don't like big universities, since it has 5,000 students. We're still slowly recovering from the hurricanes so some buildings are closed. But everyone is really nice and the professors are really passionate about what they teach.
Start Your Review of University of Puerto Rico - Bayamon
My experience was great. I learned a lot and had great professors that cared and help students succeed. My bachelors was in general sciences. I had the opportunity to meet good people and since the university is small you get to meet different people from different specialties.
I would add a dorm for athletes, honor students and interns representing, working or reaserching on behalf of the school. There are some apartments near by, but it would be better to stay inside the school premises. It would save students time, money and rush of traffic (for those students that take early morning clases).
The best thing about the University of Puerto Rico at Bayamon is the fact that we are all one big happy geek family. That's a mouthfull! Is a wonderful enviroment and you'll grow a lot as a person if you study here.
The tuition is great. The classes are really good,the professors are well prepared and know what they are doing. The people are are nice and always willing to help. The only downside is that there isn't much going around the area of the campus
In comparison to Rio Piedras, Bayamon is a superior campus. The professors are way more responsible and engaged in what they teach. Also, way more helpful and accessible.

In terms of campus facilities, if you are not a science related major the campus absolutely sucks. It is a horrible campus disregarding the new buildings.

Also note that the Computer Science bachelors degree is a BA, yes, a Bachelor of Art IN COMPUTER SCIENCE?! Completely baffles me, maybe it has to do with an accreditation problem? I'm sure Mayaguez will prove a better experience and provide more tools academically and professionally for students.

In sum, if you're going to study Computer Science, don't be lazy and go to Mayaguez.
Since it is a small University people are so nice. you get to know many students and always find them in the hallways. The professors are super nice and are always available if you any questions.
I would love to finish my bachelors degree at UPRB, but most of the majors that the university offers you have to transfer to another UPR campus. Campus is cool, there are many smart students you could find around campus, and proffesors are somewhat strict so you have to study a lot anyways.
I have attended a total of five schools through my educational life. I finished my last two years of high school in Colegio Adianez. I must recognize that moving to this school has been one of the most important and best decisions I have made. This school taught me how to deal with the real world, and gave me the tools I now use to cope with my life in college. The environment is very familiar as it is realistic to the outside world. The education system is very well developed. And most importantly, you graduate with a sense of orientation towards your future.
I know what I want to study since 10th grade. I want to be a teacher and the best university in Puerto Rico that offer that career were the University Of Puerto Rico in Bayamon. Most of my teachers study there so I want to be like them and be the best teacher to be in Puerto Rico. My campus is very comfortable and familiar. Everyone will love it because is not huge but it's not small. It's just perfect!
many many people have financial help
Bayamon is not a campus that has clubs or bars nearby not that it needs any because there are no dorms. People go out to the bars, pubs, clubs in the metro area. Since most people drive that is there mode of transportation. There are no shuttles or any other sort of nightlife related things on or near campus because campus is more class buildings and parking in the middle of an urban area. People live off campus and go out if they want where they want because they come from their homes.
They are strict for something but at no point is it suffocating. Also underage drinking doesn't occur much on campus because there are no dorms and second the drinking age in Puerto Rico is 18 so many of the students are of drinking age.
Diversity at Bayamon is not something that negatively affects people or at least not to my knowledge.
Bayamon is very competitive. I am currently a marketing major and the classes are challenging.
Start Your Review of University of Puerto Rico - Bayamon
Bayamon is very competitive. Professors are good and the workload is challenging.
In Puerto Rico everything in the metropolitan area is relatively close. The farthest away is about an hour maybe an hour and a half. The students in Bayamon and other Uinversity of Puerto Rico campuses have a few areas to go out at night and hang out. There are a lot of bars, pubs and restaurants many college students can visit.
The food offered in the cafeteria is good. They have a good range of food and snacks.