University of Portland Reviews

UP is an excellent college for any field in science. I am interested in a nursing degree. I applied and have been accepted with a susbstanial merit package. I flew up with my family to tour several OR/WA schools. I fell in love with Portland with the green trees and mountain views. UP is tucked into a quaint neighborhood. I was taken aback by a claustrophobic feeling on campus. I knew it was a small college but you don't know how that actually feels until you get here. I also was not prepared for the level of religious influence here.
My first year in University of Portland has been amazing so far. I got lucky with my dorm choice because everybody on my floor has just been great people and I feel blessed to be able to call them my friends, the academics have also been great and the teachers have been some of the most helpful and passionate educators I have ever met.
When I first came here, it was the first time I had moved so I was very shy and timid and overwhelmed, but the staff and students and literally everyone here was so welcoming and great. I felt like I got a lot of information about the campus within just the first few days of being on the grounds. I made friends really quickly mostly because everyone was so nice, and probably just as scared as me. I liked that they "required" us to have a workshop group because it made us very close with a select group of people, of which most of the people in that class became some of my very best friends.
Start Your Review of University of Portland
After receiving a generous scholarship I came in for a tour. Everyone was very nice and the campus was beautiful. I didn’t get the traditional collegiate feel that you get in a college town.
I have loved my UP experience so far! My roommate and all the peers I have run into are decent people, if not really nice and friendly. Campus is small, which Is a bit of a personal negative, but it’s gorgeous and most of the time I am really thankful it’s so quick to get around. My professors have been friendly, genuinely passionate about their subjects and invested in my progress. The food is AMAZING for campus food - It regularly changes and encompasses different ethnic foods.
For the School of Education specifically, I can say the advisors are quirky and fun and up for casual check ins and in prompt to drop ins from their advisees. No where is perfect but I honestly can say I wouldn’t have chosen anywhere else.
The campus is beautiful, but there are limited options for eating on campus. The professors are all very knowledgable and nice, and many provide options to really understand the course material. The dorms vary in quality and it is a bit unfair that students have to pay the same amount for housing.
UP is a very strong school academically. I do wish the acceptance was more selective but they give a lot of scholarships which is how I ended up here. Nice small campus with pretty views in a trendy Portland neighborhood. If you are looking for the college experience with school spirit and epic shenanigans you won't find it here. I really miss football games and the city of Portland doesn't even have a pro team.
I love the small campus, yet it is big enough for me to not feel as though I'm being locked in to some place so small. It's in a great part of portland with easy access to a multitude of activities.
I am a freshman here at UP and so far I love it. The upperclassmen, professors, and staff are nice and welcoming. The dorms are ok most don't have AC but the space is a good size. The professors are tough but willing to work with you almost anytime.
Beautiful campus close to all the trendy parts of PDX and great outdoor activities. Rigorous academics and tight knit community. Dorms and food could improve but that's typical
I transferred to UP from another school in Oregon and have not regretted my decision. In fact, I knew from the moment I was accepted that this school was outstanding. Right from the beginning they really took an interest in me and my education. The faculty is extremely helpful and accessible and pushes the students to be their best every day. My professors are intelligent and want all of their students to succeed, and they are always available to meet with us when we need help.
UP is a beautiful school with very caring professors. I just wish the students exhibited that same amount of care for their peers and their studies. Classes would also be much better if they weren't so focused on lectures and textbooks.
University of Portland is perfect for students who want a vigorous curriculum, invested professors, and a cozy environment. The campus is absolutely stunning, with beautiful architecture and nature making up the grounds. The dorms quickly provide a sense of community, filled with abundant fun and friendship. The catering company that supplies all of the food establishments on campus does not really have a wide variety of options even if they claim to. Diversity is also something that could be improved upon; there is a severe lack of different varying background in both students and faculty.
University of Portland is a great school that offers a wide variety of student activities and clubs. Academics at University of Portland is taken very seriously. Teachers are friendly and will be glad to help you out during office hours and set scheduled meetings. University of Portland is not a party school. Public safety on this campus do a great job of making sure students and guests are always feeling safe. The food here is good; we have a variety of food places around campus. Dorming is a bit expensive but all utilities are included along with great dorm mates. Overall, University of Portland is a great school
With a strong curriculum and a safe community of faith. this is a perfect school for those looking to go with God into their academic future.
I chose this school because I wanted to go to a Catholic school that offers a highly academic and socially welcoming environment. The University of Portland provides this and more!
There arw numerous amount of things I liked about U of P! I loved how they have a new rec center. I love the feel of college life even though it's a smaller university because it's a religious one. I love how there are so many different clubs there are. I also love the different jobs on campus there is and how you can do your school work during that time. In addition, I love how they have a church on campus so if you want to go to pray and/or go attend you can. What I do not like is how thry have a co-ed dorm on campus. I do not like how they have very low diversity in campus too. I wish there was a lot more diversity on campus. Overall, I gave it 4 stars because it is a great university and I hope I get in next summer!
Start Your Review of University of Portland
The University of Portland is a great academic institution. Because of it's smaller size, students have countless opportunities to grow and reach their potential. The professors are truly amazing and are dedicated to their field and helping students learn. The campus is beautiful, and there is a very friendly and welcoming culture all around. I believe that UP students are very well rounded and we find the perfect balance between work and play. Overall, choosing to attend the University of Portland was one of the best decisions that I ever made.
The University of Portland is small but unique. Portland is a wonderful location for students because, even when the campus seems small, it is not difficult to get off campus and go explore the city.

There is some, but not a lot, of diversity in the student body, which is something the University is looking to expand.
University of Portland is an amazing college not only for the incredibly supportive faculty and professors but for the overall environment we have. I feel like we are family, we always smile and say hello--even to strangers, small classroom sizes make it easy to make friends and study groups and I love when we are all going crazy cheering on the team at soccer games. Our facilities are also superior to many of the other schools I've ever visited; our cafeteria has fresh, sustainable food, our library has amazing resources and our new gym is truly of high quality and maintained very well. I would also have to say the student government and clubs do an awesome job of providing the students with a great list of events through out the year such as our yearly traditional dances, carnival, concert and various other fun events--there's something cool going on almost every weekend.