University of Pittsburgh Reviews

3,669 reviews
I like how the university allows me to choose my favorite classes and pick and choose the correct classes for me to be successful in my major track. I wish the professors were a bit more accessible and willing to help with recommendation letters and grad school applications.
The professors are interesting and hands on as well as always around to help. The campus is surrounding by an amazing city and cultural spots. The university sponsors many activities supporting an activity and engaged student life.
The campus is spread throughout the Oakland neighborhood of Pittsburgh. It's a wonderful neighborhood and a good college area. Students get free public transportation with their Pitt IDs and free entry into multiple museums in Pittsburgh. There are multiple places to eat on campus that take either panther funds or dining dollars, it may be a good idea to take advantage of these as the dining hall food is sub-par at best.
Review University of Pittsburgh
Pitt is a great school academically and offers students to be very well rounded, offering many events, clubs, sports and other opportunities as well. The city of Pittsburgh and surrounding neighborhoods offer up lots of internship opportunities and other fun things to do as well.
Big campus and lots of ways to get involved! There is something for everyone at Pitt. Lots of major and minors to pick from and, with so many people around, you're guaranteed to make lifelong friends! I'm happy with my decision to come to Pitt and would encourage others to become a panther. H2P!
I absolutely love Pitt. It is not just another 4 years of classroom education. I have grown so much as a person, learning to deal with everyday college obstacles as well as how function as a human being in such a diverse place. The diversity is incredibly eye-opening, and Pitt makes sure you understand that. There is a multitude of opportunities for you to learn and take part in important discussions revolving around the importance of individuality, among other topics. Pitt really tries to teach you not just inside the classroom, but outside as well.
The atmosphere is great. The student body is diverse and the city living experience is a lot of fun. Pittsburgh is a very safe city. I think it is safe to say pitt is truly concerned for their students safety. I've had a mix of great professors and awful professors. My best professors have been classes outside of my major. Those have seemed to be the teachers most involved into the subject and their students. The cost of living here is very high. Food is really expensive if your someone who likes to eat out. There are an abundance of clubs and sorties but with how challenging the academics are I have no clue how any one finds time for it. I would say if you want the pitt experience go to a branch campus. It would be way more personable. And the cost of living outside of the city is probably wayyy cheaper.
Professors are very knowledgeable about the subjects they teach. Beyond school, there are hundreds of clubs and activities to keep students active. However, I don't like that the same class can be vastly different based on the professor; one professor could fail you for the same work that would easily pass with a different professor.
I really like the campus at University of Pittsburgh and the classes are big but very interesting. There are lots to do in downtown Pittsburgh. All around great school.
Knowledgeable and engaging instructors in social sciences. Diverse curriculum including African American studies courses. Opportunities for adult learners.
The campus buildings are exquisitely designed: gothic architecture, and is a safe environment to boot.
I transferred to the University of Pittsburgh from a school down the street after cross-registering for a language class. The quality of education here is honestly spectacular and will continue to grow. The institution and it's employees genuinely care about it's mission to educate young adults and does a lot to support our goals and ambitions.
Most of the professors are really cool and want to help students succeed. Lots of resources available to you. Campus and city is beautiful. Some dorms are better than others. in general, on-campus housing and food is too expensive for what it's worth.
I like the overall structure and newly revamped buildings from remodeling. This university is amazing and beautiful to visit. The only problem is the long distances for walks and this campus is spread throughout the whole city.
The University of Pittsburgh constantly feels like my home away from home. The campus and surrounding environment always feel positive and welcoming. The professors that I've had the pleasure of learning from have been extremely intelligent and caring of all of their students. This university gives every student the opportunity to succeed.
I loved it! The people are brilliant and driven, the campus is amazing, and the beautiful city of Pittsburgh really opens up opportunities for internships and jobs.
The University of Pittsburgh is a great school located in a very nice area of the city. Especially great for those looking into going into anything in the healthcare field seeing as there are great partnerships and internships with UPMC and other hospitals in the area. Not large enough that you feel lost in the crowd but still big enough that there is always something new to do/new people to meet.
Review University of Pittsburgh
I love the University of Pittsburgh. It has a great campus, great location, and endless resources. They make it very easy to get where you want to be.
Focused on effective instruction, student engagement and extra-curricular opportunities. Pitt makes it easy to get deeply involved in any area of interest, and has a variety of programs in place to ensure useful training/skill development.
The faculty truly care about helping students achieve their goals. There is always something going on at the school that can help students prepare for their future.