University of Pittsburgh is ...
NCAA Division I-FBS
Atlantic Coast Conference
University of Pittsburgh Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.218 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.226 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.226 responses
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 128 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.275 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.347 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.153 responses
University of Pittsburgh Reviews
I love that the campus is in the city. This allows for diversity in food and culture. Having a bus pass allows you to explore all that Pittsburgh offers; sports entertainment, shopping, shows, restaurants. The academics are challenging, yet they prepare you. There are plenty of opportunities for co-ops and internships being that you are in the city. The city might be scary for some people but I’ve never felt scared for my safety on campus.I have not traveled abroad, but the opportunity to do so is available and encouraged. So many students have experienced traveling abroad and have so many wonderful stories to tell. The admission process for applying was very easy and if you have questions, the answers are easy to find. Hail 2 Pitt!
If I could describe the Univeristy of Pittsburgh in one world, it would be home. Despite all of its flaws and imperfections, it is a safe space where I can explore and learn. The campus itself is a small city with features that make it feel more cozy than full-out sophisticated. From our beautiful Cathedral of Learning (we lovingly call her Cathy) to the spacious Schenley Park, there are tons of secret nooks that are perfect for studying. The professors, while teaching multiple classes, still make themselves available for questions outside the classroom. They are never too busy to stop and chat if you see them around campus; they really care about your education and that you have a passion for what you are studying. Overall, Pitt is an amazing college to attend. The community surrounding the campus challenge you and support you all at once. I’m extremely happy I made the decision to attend the University of Pittsburgh. Go Panthers!
Choosing to attend this school changed my life entirely for the better. The experiences and education I gained were invaluable. I was able to meet so many different people, study in a large variety of fields, work closely with passionate professors, utilize excellent student services, and explore Pittsburgh - a city I now call home. Also being a first generation college student, having a TRIO SSS program was essential to my success. I was able to earn my BA in four years and study abroad. The emphasis on developing a worldview, appreciating diversity, and understanding the importance of seeking knowledge are strongly emphasized here. The opportunities I had, and the networks I built have continued to be beneficial to me even after graduating two years ago. My only negative was how expensive it was; nevertheless, I do not ever regret choosing to go here. Having a degree from Pitt is well respected. H2P!