University of Pennsylvania Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.92 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.101 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.100 responses
Most Popular Majors
Political Science and Government156 Graduates
Business Administration and Management150 Graduates
Operations Management149 Graduates
Neuroscience and Neurobiology131 Graduates
Mathematics & Statistics115 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 67 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is pretty big.95 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.131 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.64 responses
University of Pennsylvania Reviews
I loved the academics. The academics were challenging, and I had to grow comfortable with not getting A's like I did in high school. The professors were very engaged and wanted to see their students do well. I was also a varsity athlete and found the facilities to be amazing! I joined greek life and found it to be very rewarding. The greek life at Penn is much more laid back than some other schools. I had work study jobs throughout my time at Penn, which I found enabled me to get a handle on the work world while also pursuing my studies and academics.
I absolutely love it here! I just completed my first semester. These past couple of months have been the most amazing months of my life. I have been able to meet great people from around the nation and the world allowing me to diversify my opinions and knowledge. The academics are challenging but it is manageable. The students are very kind and supportive. The Class of 2021 really feels like a family. Hurrah, for the Red and Blue!
Choosing to attend the University of Pennsylvania has thus far been one of the best decisions I have made. I love living in Philadelphia surrounded by such a large, diverse campus with students from all parts of the world, expressing unique perspectives and interests. All of my friends at Penn have entirely different backgrounds, career interests, and activities on campus. Penn is competitive, and you honestly should not come here if you are not looking to be challenged with extremely hard classes. However, my experience has been that professors, TAs, and classmates will help you if you reach out, and there are many campus resources to help keep busy schedules balanced with support from academic to cultural to mental health resources. Penn was my dream school when I applied and coming here has only confirmed that.