University of Pennsylvania Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- 1% Cash Back + affordable rates starting at 3.82% APR w/auto debit discount
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.92 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.97 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.96 responses
Most Popular Majors
Political Science and Government174 Graduates
Business Administration and Management153 Graduates
Operations Management140 Graduates
Computer and Information Studies120 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 64 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is pretty big.91 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.127 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.64 responses
University of Pennsylvania Reviews
The University of Pennsylvania has given me an excellent learning experience. Academics are challenging, and you will be required to invest a good amount of time to them. Personally, I spent most of my time focused on this but did not find myself feeling overwhelmed for the most part. The university provides excellent study environments where you can study with your friends or by yourself. People at the university are very social and making friends is not a very hard thing to do. I was satisfied with my dining plan except for the fact that it is a little bit overpriced. Despite having a large student population, moving around on campus is not difficult at all. Regarding financial aid, the process of applying can get complicated and some of the staff can be impatient at times. Finally, there is always something to do whether you want to party on campus or do some culinary exploring in the city. Overall, I have had a fantastic experience!
I loved the academics. The academics were challenging, and I had to grow comfortable with not getting A's like I did in high school. The professors were very engaged and wanted to see their students do well. I was also a varsity athlete and found the facilities to be amazing! I joined greek life and found it to be very rewarding. The greek life at Penn is much more laid back than some other schools. I had work study jobs throughout my time at Penn, which I found enabled me to get a handle on the work world while also pursuing my studies and academics.
I absolutely love it here! I just completed my first semester. These past couple of months have been the most amazing months of my life. I have been able to meet great people from around the nation and the world allowing me to diversify my opinions and knowledge. The academics are challenging but it is manageable. The students are very kind and supportive. The Class of 2021 really feels like a family. Hurrah, for the Red and Blue!