University of Oklahoma is ...
NCAA Division I-FBS
Big Twelve Conference
University of Oklahoma Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.168 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.181 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.181 responses
Most Popular Majors
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 104 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is pretty big.215 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.263 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 111 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.108 responses
University of Oklahoma Reviews
Very big & beautiful school with something for everyone! A lot of opportunities for internships, leadership positions and involvement. A lot of research opportunities and very good professors as well, especially for a public university. Despite the perception, OU is a lot more than just football and greek life. However, I would recommend that after freshman year, you live somewhere within walking distance to campus, because the parking here is absolutely awful and you will absolutely regret commuting to campus and spending nearly 2 hours looking for a parking spot everyday, even with a parking pass that costs hundreds of dollars. Also Dale Hall is a ridiculous building and if you have a class there, get there early because trying to make your way through the crowds in that building can sometimes take a while. The parking situation & Dale Hall is the only thing preventing me from giving this great school 5 stars.
I love the environment here. Everyone here is so nice and it feels like we're all family. Game days are always really fun! It's such a huge campus with so many people, but it doesn't feel that way. It is very homey. There are plenty of resources if you need help with anything. There are always a lot of events going on as well. There are also a lot of free events going on the South Oval and I think that's pretty cool! There's Action Center tutoring which is free and helps a lot. I love the overall environment and I love all of the opportunities and different organizations that are available to students!
The University of Oklahoma has a very traditional feel to it. It also is a rather large state university, but runs and feels like a small one. There is always something going on and it is easy for students to feel at home here. I loved my time at the university and truly believe in many of the values the school holds it's students to. There are some improvements to be made, but the faculty and student body are constantly working towards these improvements to make the campus and the world a better place. Plus, you can't neglect Sooner Football and the incredible arts! Boomer Sooner!