University of Notre Dame Reviews

1,243 reviews
I love the campus environment in terms of the housing system. At Notre Dame, we only have single sex dorms, and we do not have Greek life. So, students typically remain in their dorms that they are randomly placed in for all four years. This dorm becomes a family for every student, and the dorms each have an identity. For example, my dorm, Howard Hall, is represented by a duck mascot. We build community through weekly meetings in our "pond", intimate weekly masses in our dorm's chapel, and service events unique to our dorm. In addition to the incredible dorm life at Notre Dame, I have been blessed to be a part of the Band of The Fighting Irish as a saxophone player. There is no feeling quite like marching through the tunnel to 80,000 cheering fans on every game day Saturday. The friendships that I have made through band have been life changing for me. I am truly so proud to be a part of this group, a group that is greater than myself, and I am so thankful.
The University of Notre Dame has become my family and truly home away from home. I have been challenged academically and have developed life lessons and lasting relationships.
College experience unable to be found elsewhere. The community is quite literally a family, and there's no other place I'd rather want to be studying than here.
Start Your Review of University of Notre Dame
I absolutely love the campus!! I have also met a lot of great people here, and the classes are interesting as well as very intellectually challenging. I have also had a ton of great professors!!
The President seems to want it to be "the Harvard of the Midwest." What is wrong with just being ND. The liberals have overtaken the campus and religion is just a sideline. Obama came to campus and we had to HIDE the cross. Lots of weird kids everywhere. Sure a lot of kids graduate, but they only take the top 2-3% in a graduating class. They do NOT care about character and there are lots of shady characters on campus. NO MORALS. Such a shame. Father Hesburg is spinning in his grave.
I love this university. It has a very catholic atmosphere which is a positive or a negative depending on your mindset. It's a great academic school with good athletics, which is hard to find.
I have loved my four years at Notre Dame. It is academically strong with some of the finest, yet personable professors in their respective fields. The faculty truly wants you to succeed in your studies and in your future career. I also love the dorm life and the sense of community found on campus. It is impossible to truly describe without experiencing it firsthand.

The alumni network at Notre Dame is incredible; nearly everyone who graduates has a job lined up, is entering graduate school, or has other concrete plans laid out for post-graduate years.
I made my best friends, completed a world-class education, watched an occasionally-good football team...what's not to love? The football culture far exceeds the size of this midwestern school, but I love the connections I find with my fellow alumni--as if there were many more of us.
Great community, professors who care about your well being, awesome academics, good sports to follow, lots of clubs to join.
I have attended Notre Dame for a semester and both the academics and the Catholic community have exceeded my expectations so far. The quality of teaching was great last semester, and the resources available, especially for freshman transitioning to college, have been extremely beneficial. The opportunities for growing in the Catholic faith are part of what drew me to Notre Dame, and is one of the unique aspects of the school that is hard to find at any other university.
I think Notre Dame is such a unique school because of its focus on academics, faith, service, and community. I really value the community within the dorms as
about four in five undergraduates live on campus. The alumni network is also very extensive and extremely valuable in helping student find jobs they love.
Notre Dame is an amazing place to get a high quality education with great reputation and close-knit community feel with fun and spirited student life. It’s not necessary to be Catholic and people who aren’t religious at all won’t feel excluded, but it is especially amazing for people who are religious. I myself am not very religious but was raised in the faith and do appreciate it, so I enjoyed being around it and taking the required Theology and Philosophy courses. Everyone is extremely nice and collaborative! Very smart people here and caring professors. Single sex dorms is a negative as well as less opportunities for medical professions, as there is no hospital or medical focus here. I would say it’s best for business, engineering, or liberal arts. Although science is still good here and people get into great grad programs no matter what they want to continue on studying!
I am currently a student at Notre Dame, and I love everything about this school. The classes have a rather heave workload, but the professors are very good and care about their students. There is an unreal sense of community, and while there isn't any Greek life, the dorm life is incredible.
Excellent campus environment and academics. Faculty pays great amounts of attention to students and are willing to put in the extra effort to help you.
Worth its money! The only hindrance is that it's too expensive.
I only studied here for 2-week summer program. No matter how short the duration is, I really love this place and want to turn back someday (as long as my academic gets better and I'm lucky enough to come back.)
Great school that has tons of opportunities and also a great place to live. The culture is not competitive - everyone wants to help you. The dorm system is very unique (similar to frats and sororities dependent on how much you want to be involved) and in my mind one of the most attractive things about the school. There are tons of cool traditions through the dorms and university.
The atmosphere is definitely work hard-play hard. Student body is super nice. Professors are great. Administration and Catholic-ness can get to be a little much at points if you aren't religious but I've still found it to be a plus. Overall, I would absolutely recommend this to anyone who wants to have fun in college while getting a great education.
No other university can compare to the University of Notre Dame. None of the normal grades refer to the level of care and kindness on a campus, but they make all the difference at this university.
Start Your Review of University of Notre Dame
I have always wanted to go to Notre Dame. Here I become the best version of myself: academically, spiritually, socially, and all the rest.
I am a city person. Notre Dame is not located in the city or near a city, matter of fact. That shows you how amazing this school is ... I left my great city of Boston to come out to the middle-of-nowhere Midwest to come to Notre Dame
I have had the time of my life at this university! Everything about it is wonderful and anyone with an open mind would love it as well!