University of Northwestern - St. Paul Reviews

Beautiful and safe campus. Professors and staff are genuine in wanting to help you succeed and do well. Everyone is ready to help you get to your end goal if you are willing to work for it. A great option for Christian believers.
The University of Northwestern St. Paul is a great place for you to get a solid education that is based on the Bible. The only problem is that the campus culture is a bit secluded and not very aware of the world around it.
I loved the way the school was. They had an awesome campus and classes. I enjoy the God focused center of this school and feel it would be a good fit for those looking for that.
Start Your Review of University of Northwestern - St. Paul
If you want to attend a school with superficial, judgmental, arrogant, and homeschooled individuals who haven't stepped out of their church bubble then this is the school for you! I was yelled at for not taking my hat off during a prayer before class and also called out for being "blasphemous" after making a joke saying "And on the 8th day, God said let there be football" during a Monday Night Football game. I also was unable to afford this school in the 2018 Fall semester so I emailed the president asking him to personally reevaluate my case so that I could afford the school and he started off by stating a bible verse and calling me a lair. This school doesn't care about you, they just want you to pay 40k dollars a year to "double major" in unnecessary Bible classes.
Though I have always valued education, I never quite understood its' true value until attending the University of Northwestern - St. Paul. The teachers and staff are so knowledgeable in their fields of study and really seek to build personal relationships with all their students. I especially love the emphasis of faith that is built in throughout your schedule, not only during morning chapels but also during your everyday conversations with others.
The staff here are very kind and care about every student. The application process was very easy and it was really nice to have people use my name when the contacted me. The staff are dedicated and make their interactions with you personal.
I've loved my time at University of Northwestern--St. Paul. My first experience with the school was through their excellent online PSEO program (post-secondary enrollment options, Minnesota program giving high school students access to free college classes/credits). Now that I am a full-time on-campus student, I've grown to love the school even more. I've met so many wonderful students and faculty members who are committed to their fields, the school, and each other. The campus is excellent and I couldn't see myself anywhere else.
The University of Northwestern St. Paul provides the tools for success, with smaller class sizes and one on ones with the professors. They truly care about me and my success. There sports and athletic trainers are amazing and play a big part in my time there. Campus is beautiful and spacious. The academics are great and have given me the opportunity to create my own path as well as support me along the way.
The christian atmosphere is great! PSEO is a wonderful option, but some of the professors are not very good.
Northwestern is a great school and looking at it as an Accounting major, has an outstanding business department. The campus is beautiful with many activities offered, it is difficult to be completely be bored. If you don't fall in love with the school, you will love the people. The only downfall to me is that it's chapel system in a Christ centered community needs to be reworked. It typically lacks the funding needed for good speakers and events.
One thing that I really like about UNW is that the professors genuinely care about you and want you to succeed. I also like the close community and the small size of the school. One thing that could be improved is sometimes the people that run the school seem unapproachable when there is something that needs to be changed.
I love the classes and the professors. The students are all wonderful and the buildings are up to date, clean, and beautiful.
Northwestern has a lot of positive traits. They have great academics, professors, dorms, food, and the campus is beautiful. The only area of improvement is not to control so many aspects of the student's lives that are aside from their academics. There also could be more diversity at the school.
It's a Christian based school and it's a great school for anyone to go to! great teachers and great staff. This school is the best school!! Wonderful place to be.
Terrible school is always pushing religion in your face. If you don't want to live in a place where you don't get ANY college experience, this is your place. You have mandatory church. And the people that go here are weird I once broke my leg and couldn't go a day without people praying for it and EXPECTING it to heal right away! The teacher FORCE you to pray before every class. Worst experience of my life DONT GO HERE IF YOU WANT A GREAT COLLEGE EXPERIENCE.
I love my college, everyone is very welcoming and a part of the community. There are events and fun things going on on campus almost very weekend for the people who don't go home, they will have something to do and hang out with other people on campus.
One thing I really love about my experience here is the community. For someone who lives out of state, this really feels like a second home for me because everyone is so welcoming. This school is way more diverse than most schools I have been to and it has a variety of multicultural clubs/activities. The professors are really great and want to get to know you and make sure your studies are going well. It's also not hard to get involved with ministries like prayer ministry, way in the wilderness, pengyou, etc. Overall, I really love my experience here, but if I were to change one thing it would be the cost and the amount of financial aid I was able to receive.
Start Your Review of University of Northwestern - St. Paul
Despite the fact that it is slowly becoming more charismatic it is a very good school. The professors care about their students and the school sticks to their beliefs despite what pop culture says about things.
The University of Northwestern is an awesome school. There is a great atmosphere and community. I enjoy that the school is grounded in faith, but I do not like that going to chapel is mandatory.
I love the Christian atmosphere at this college! The campus is so beautiful with the buildings and lake.