University of Northwestern - St. Paul Reviews

It's a Christian based school and it's a great school for anyone to go to! great teachers and great staff. This school is the best school!! Wonderful place to be.
Terrible school is always pushing religion in your face. If you don't want to live in a place where you don't get ANY college experience, this is your place. You have mandatory church. And the people that go here are weird I once broke my leg and couldn't go a day without people praying for it and EXPECTING it to heal right away! The teacher FORCE you to pray before every class. Worst experience of my life DONT GO HERE IF YOU WANT A GREAT COLLEGE EXPERIENCE.
I love my college, everyone is very welcoming and a part of the community. There are events and fun things going on on campus almost very weekend for the people who don't go home, they will have something to do and hang out with other people on campus.
Start Your Review of University of Northwestern - St. Paul
One thing I really love about my experience here is the community. For someone who lives out of state, this really feels like a second home for me because everyone is so welcoming. This school is way more diverse than most schools I have been to and it has a variety of multicultural clubs/activities. The professors are really great and want to get to know you and make sure your studies are going well. It's also not hard to get involved with ministries like prayer ministry, way in the wilderness, pengyou, etc. Overall, I really love my experience here, but if I were to change one thing it would be the cost and the amount of financial aid I was able to receive.
Despite the fact that it is slowly becoming more charismatic it is a very good school. The professors care about their students and the school sticks to their beliefs despite what pop culture says about things.
The University of Northwestern is an awesome school. There is a great atmosphere and community. I enjoy that the school is grounded in faith, but I do not like that going to chapel is mandatory.
I love the Christian atmosphere at this college! The campus is so beautiful with the buildings and lake.
UNWSP is my third college on a long route toward my degree. Everything about this school is geared towards helping students have an amazing and successful time. From dozens of clubs and student organizations, to Residence Life events every week, to entire departments equipped to guide you toward your dream career or semester abroad, University of Northwestern - St. Paul has absolutely everything you need to enjoy an amazing life in just 4 short years.
The University of Northwestern St Paul is a very exciting, encouraging and supportive school. The professors are helpful and smart, and the students are diverse and friendly. The campus is beautiful and open and very welcoming to everyone. I would definitely recommend this school to anyone interested.
My time at UNWSP was nothing short of exceptional. I grew from a crazy, rebellious high school "boy" into a still-crazy and fun-loving man with a passion for Jesus Christ, family, church, community, and living life as an example of what His love looks like in the world.
The friends and relationships I made have been some of the richest of my life. The professors really care about the students in their classes, and even the support staff is there with the heart to serve the Lord through their work around campus.
I had a professor explain in detail that if making money is your only goal, college is not for you. (Live with your parents for 4 years rent free. Work at minimum wage and save it all without tuition. Retire a millionaire.) HOWEVER - if your goal of higher education is to grow as a person, and follower of the Lord, while also getting a degree that rocks and an education that is of outstanding caliber, then the University of Northwestern - St. Paul is for you!
I've visited many colleges before I chose UNW. What sold me was the productive atmosphere of the university. In the search process, I noticed the students looked motivated, excited to be there, and hard-working. It's an expensive school, but everyone I've ever met there appears to be enjoying themselves. I believe this has a lot to do with the private, Christian perspective of the university.
Attending the University of Northwestern - St. Paul has got to be one of the best decisions I have made, it has changed my life. The combination of academics, Christ, friendships with faculty, student living, and sports makes looking forward to the end of summer...something you don't hear often!
I was not the ideal student that UNW is looking for, so from a personal standpoint I did not enjoy my time. The academic programs are not on the same level as other colleges like Bethel or Hamline in the area. I would recommend UNW if you want to go into Ministry or Theology. But if you are there for anything else, you are essentially wasting your money.
Everyone is so kind and supportive starting at day one! The only downside is the expense of tuition.
Very little diversity. Centered around a very narrow worldview. If you don't agree with the worldview, best to avoid the school because it will be shoved in your face everyday.
I have had a wonderful time at Northwestern. I love the Christ-centered community the groups I can get involved with on-campus.
The campus is really beautiful! The school has been making some major improvements over the last few years making the college looking really nice. It is a very expensive school. The people there are really nice and friendly. It is an OK school to attend to.
Start Your Review of University of Northwestern - St. Paul
Awesome Christian University. Northwestern sticks to its convictions, and sticks to God's word, while not sacrificing these in order to gain more students. People come to Northwestern for a college experience where they are encouraged and built in their Faith. Very open, welcoming student body. Very active student-life on campus, and an unreal athletics facility. Highly recommend.
I took PSEO for two years online through the University of Northwestern - St. Paul (my junior and senior year of high school). My experience was enjoyable, had some great teachers and a couple not as good, but overall a great place to get an education. Most all of the teachers were engaging and responsive if you had questions or worked with you to help you get the best grade for your efforts.
The community at Northwestern- specifically the engineering community has changed my life. I know that I will be a life long learner and am more teachable now, than when I entered college.