High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.90 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.94 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.94 responses
Most Popular Majors
Elementary Education255 Graduates
Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies161 Graduates
Business Administration and Management104 Graduates
Family and Community Services75 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.100 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.127 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.67 responses
University of Northern Iowa Reviews
The University of Northern Iowa is a great school to go to! I completed my undergraduate degree in education there and absolutely loved it. I have felt more than prepared for my student teaching experiences, as well as my first teaching job. I am now onto my graduate degree and couldn't be happier. I thank UNI for giving me the education I needed to be successful. You get the small town feel on a university campus that is second to none!
As soon as I stepped on campus, it felt like my new home. The size is perfect and it is such a beautiful place. The class size is just about right and the professors are some of the best ones around. They take the time to help you and they are incredibly easy to talk to. The sporting events are beyond amazing! If you choose UNI, I guarantee you that you'll find your second home, your significant other and a whole bunch of friends along the way! Highly recommend attending UNI!
A small campus yet closed communities. Small number of students per class. Easy to understand lectures. Most of the exam s are not cumulative, depends on the professor. Professors have high credibility to lecture the courses. Many majors offered in this university. High opportunities of doing research for undergraduate students. Many subjects offered but for certain upper level subjects, only offered every odd or even years. Students have to plan what courses to take in order to graduate in the year they desired to. Many internships or capstone offered .